Options

I am switching to Sky

iain_smithiain_smith Posts: 1,174
Forum Member
✭✭✭
later today I am phoming Sky Digital to get their new package and ditching Virgin.I am sick of VOD not workign and my fave channels being taken off and other shoddy service issues that I dont even want to talk about here.Bye Bye Mr Branson-from njow on I am putting my faith in Rupert Murdoch.Others must now choose,as I have been forced to. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    OK Bye.
  • Options
    iain_smithiain_smith Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't think i'll be the only one mate!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warrenb wrote:
    OK Bye.

Someone's jealous.
  • Options
    womblerwombler Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iain_smith wrote:
    Others must now choose,as I have been forced to. :mad:

Sorry, but I dont see it like that - maybe I am a little more patient than some?

In my personal case, I've had my fair share of problems with NTL, and now Virgin, but calls made (sometimes several calls) have always resolved any problem I have.

Problems I have had include complete loss of service for almost a week, right up to the V+ system being installed last week, but the engineer forgetting to bring a remote control with him!

When these things happen, I rant and rave the same as everyone else, - and sometimes say to myself that this is the last time I will allow this to happen, but if you are to be truthful to yourself, most other companies are the same.

I was on hold to British Gas for almost an hour once, and even they failed to show up on three consecutive appointments.

The electricity board sent an engineer to install a new meter. When installing, he let slip that this was his first solo job after a massive 1 day training course!

The local council sometimes refuses to take recycling from us if it thinks we have too much !

I could go on, but at the end of the day, I call people, and they get resolved - not always on the same day though.

NTL Virgin are no different from most other companies - and I'm willing to offer them the benefit of the doubt and give them time to bed in.

Having said that, I only ever used to watch 24 on sky one - so I dont really miss it - maybe my views would change somewhat if I watched the channel constantly, as some on this forum seem to do.

By the way, by On Demand is now working again after 4 days of being off - nice to be watching Banzai again.

Sorry your leaving Virgin - the grass is not always greener on the other side, but I hope for you it is
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    iain_smith wrote:

No need to be stroppy. As you felt you needed to tell everyone you were leaving I felt just needed to say bye. It's your choice and I am not your mate !!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    all the pwople taht are leaving vm for ssky seem to trype like this. Stramge ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Chrismet5 wrote:

It must be watching all those shttiy American shows on skyone made them like that ..........lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I was with SKY for two years and their customer service was terrible. and then when i left them they continued to charge me for two months at once which then put me over my overdraft limit and i got charged £30 by my bank... neither company took responsibility for the charges and i was left £30 down just for daring to leave SKY. I won't go into details, but i guarantee you that SKY are not angels. Customer Service in my experience is all about luck with who you get when you phone first time around, no matter what company you are dealing with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    wombler wrote:
    Sorry, but I dont see it like that - maybe I am a little more patient than some?

In my personal case, I've had my fair share of problems with NTL, and now Virgin, but calls made (sometimes several calls) have always resolved any problem I have.

Problems I have had include complete loss of service for almost a week, right up to the V+ system being installed last week, but the engineer forgetting to bring a remote control with him!

When these things happen, I rant and rave the same as everyone else, - and sometimes say to myself that this is the last time I will allow this to happen, but if you are to be truthful to yourself, most other companies are the same.

I was on hold to British Gas for almost an hour once, and even they failed to show up on three consecutive appointments.

The electricity board sent an engineer to install a new meter. When installing, he let slip that this was his first solo job after a massive 1 day training course!

The local council sometimes refuses to take recycling from us if it thinks we have too much !

I could go on, but at the end of the day, I call people, and they get resolved - not always on the same day though.

NTL Virgin are no different from most other companies - and I'm willing to offer them the benefit of the doubt and give them time to bed in.

Having said that, I only ever used to watch 24 on sky one - so I dont really miss it - maybe my views would change somewhat if I watched the channel constantly, as some on this forum seem to do.

By the way, by On Demand is now working again after 4 days of being off - nice to be watching Banzai again.

Sorry your leaving Virgin - the grass is not always greener on the other side, but I hope for you it is

You're far too patient, like I was. :)

I had NTL digital TV service for 2 years, in the end I couldn't take the problems any more and moved to Sky.

Two years on and they have this great VIP back, I already have BB and Phone, so I give it a try. Nothing has changed, the EPG is still slow and unreliable, the boxes still need powercycling every few days and there is still an unreliable VOD service.

I'm not wasting another 2 years on promises of a better service in the future. I want great content and quality now. I cancelled after 4 weeks and I'm back with Sky. I'll come back when the better service materialises. I still have the TV M package as it's free with the phone so I'll know if it improves.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Only problem with Sky is,it does not like rain,storms or snow. Virgin is more competitive as it works well in those conditions.
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Good for you couldn't be more pleased for you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    DieDieMyDarlingDieDieMyDarling Posts: 4,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tommo2006 wrote:
    It must be watching all those shttiy American shows on skyone made them like that ..........lol
    How ironic and embarassing. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Some desperate for the endless repeats of the Simpsons I guess...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh goodie, another one leaving. You know there are already numerous threads on this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chrismet5 wrote:

Ive noticed this as well :)
    I wonder sometimes if 'the dish' is harmful to people in some way, you know radiation and all that kind of stuff :confused: .
    Phone masts, electric masts, Sky dish, all the same I reckon.
    Be better to take the dish down and use it as a wok, can fry your brain quicker that way :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iain_smith wrote:

Yeah 2 others left last week, good luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Bye...
  • Options
    fletchemfletchem Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can honestly say, having been a customer of both, Sky wins hands down. The EPG on cable was terrible and it took ages to refresh and I never ever got the interactive content working, even after numerous calls to a completely clueless support number.

The weather is an issue with Sky - but it has to be really going some to make a difference. In all honesty, I would never trade my one or two minor (and very short) outages due to weather and go back to a second rate digital service in terms of technology, presentation and support - but hey, that's just me.

Having said that - my Virgin 10MB broadband is superb - if only the rest was as reliable or as well thought out. Maybe it is because it is ex Blueyonder - but that's a whole new thread.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    Again another one seem to think we care if you leave VM for sky, go a head and do it, doesn't bother me in the slightest if you decided to jump in front of a bus, nobody cares.

attention seeker just like Nikki from bb
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member

I'M.......NOT......DOING.......IT

Going to sky that is ;)
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    iain_smith wrote:
    later today I am phoming Sky Digital to get their new package and ditching Virgin.I am sick of VOD not workign and my fave channels being taken off and other shoddy service issues that I dont even want to talk about here.Bye Bye Mr Branson-from njow on I am putting my faith in Rupert Murdoch.Others must now choose,as I have been forced to. :mad:

You lucky thing. You're able to do it. Sky won't instal where we live so we're stuck with NTL and no Sky News, Cold Case and 24. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    How strange that people feel an overwhelming need to announce that they're leaving something. :confused:

Personally VOD works very well for me and I have hardly missed Sky One, Two or the news programme. My son doesn't miss Sky Sports News because he can get it on the computer. If I really want to watch anything that was originally on Sky One, I will download it. At the moment I'm not really bothered though.

I wish anyone who leaves VM for Sky joy in their decision. I personally wouldn't go back because they behaved very badly and cost me a lot of money when I wanted to change to cable.

I can only assume that people who make the decision to switch and then broadcast it on here want some sort of approval for their actions or a trumpet fanfare of some kind.

I have news for the OP, and it's all bad, nobody actually cares that you've gone to Sky. It's your decision and yours alone, nobody else either needs or wants to know about it.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only problem with Sky is,it does not like rain,storms or snow. Virgin is more competitive as it works well in those conditions.
    Only when its very heavy, ive had sky for 13 years and have only had no signal about 10-15 times each time lasting for no more than 15 mins. im willing to accept that for the amount of money ill save and the extra content it gives me.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jezebeth wrote:
    nobody actually cares that you've gone to Sky. It's your decision and yours alone, nobody else either needs or wants to know about it.

:rolleyes:

The effort you have taken in your preceeding four paragraphs, might suggest otherwise?
  • Options
    DieDieMyDarlingDieDieMyDarling Posts: 4,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again another one seem to think we care if you leave VM for sky, go a head and do it, doesn't bother me in the slightest if you decided to jump in front of a bus, nobody cares.

Very well said, proof that there's morons on both sides of the fanboy battlefield.

As a poster above said, i'd never leave Sky TV for Cable TV, i knew a few people with it and they have nothing but complaints, however i have VM (ex ntl) XL broadband and XL phones and i'm very happy with that service.
    As customers we choose what is best for us, both in value for money and quality of service, i really don't understand customer loyalty and putting up with crap just because you prefer one billionaire over the other, who in turn couldn't care if you live or die, as long as you pay the bill.