Options

The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it's looking like Katie is going to do rudeys with that Policeman.

Let's hope he's better at being a boyfriend than he is at solving crimes.

He solves the crimes but just doesn't do it properly.:)
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's looking like Katie is going to do rudeys with that Policeman.

Let's hope he's better at being a boyfriend than he is at solving crimes.
    You think he wants to be her boyfriend?

Why would a senior detective be investigating the disappearance of a couple of horses ;)
    And the first thing he did when he arrived at Home Farm was enquire about Nathan :confused:
    And suddenly decided to stop by the Woolie for a pint........
  • Options
    pudseymrcvspudseymrcvs Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not really a senior detective. He's only a DS, and Katie has been single for at least five minutes.
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't he a bit, er, experienced, for her?

Is that code for older? Cos I think Katy is as experienced as she needs to be - sat in the Woolie with two exes as a new admirer approaches....:eek:

I think the copper gets a lot of undeserved flak for his lack of crime solving skills. Firstly being so smug takes up a lot of his time and until recently he was actually a much liked Doctor, so is still finding his feet as it were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    Is that code for older? Cos I think Katy is as experienced as she needs to be - sat in the Woolie with two exes as a new admirer approaches....:eek:

I think the copper gets a lot of undeserved flak for his lack of crime solving skills. Firstly being so smug takes up a lot of his time and until recently he was actually a much liked Doctor, so is still finding his feet as it were.

Yes. I was being tactful. :D
    The doctor job must have just been a sideline, he investigated the Shane murder too. He arrested Debbie, so he can't be all bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I was being tactful. :D
    The doctor job must have just been a sideline, he investigated the Shane murder too. He arrested Debbie, so he can't be all bad.

How time flies! I'd forgotten how he mismanaged the Shane murder. He's a lucky copper - the guilty parties just hand themselves in when they see how inept he is!:D

Wonder if he's being punished? From murder to horse theft seems a bit of a demotion.:confused:

I think there was more than enough evidence to charge Debbie with crimes against happiness - I've never seen such a surly young thing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she's changed
    sadly, only her hair colour.
    :D
  • Options
    anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know some others on here are looking forward to declans family joining him in home farm, and came across sapphire elias agent page, they have a show reel for the actress on there http://nancyhudsonassociates.com/ (go to the section on the women and she is listed, click on the show reel)
  • Options
    CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    am really looking forward to the new family in home farm, by the sounds of the interview in inside soap mag, it looks like they are going to try and lighten things up there

it could also be interesting
    seeing the chemistry etc between declan and ella, as she apparently refuses to sign over home farm to him, after they deceive nathan into selling it to her

apparently they have a love/hate relationship

Mia apparently makes an entrance at declans house warming party, and apparently Mia will be causing some waves and takes a shine to adam initially.

Could someone with a better understanding of Testacy Law than me please explain how Nathan can sell Home Farm to anyone?

I would have thought Mark Wylde's estate would have to go to probate by his executors before they can dispose of it. Then pay any inheritance tax due. Natasha cannot benefit in any way from her crime of murdering Mark, she was not his legal wife anyway. In my opinion Faye Lamb, as his legal wife has the best claim to Mark's share of Home Farm.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    You think he wants to be her boyfriend?

Why would a senior detective be investigating the disappearance of a couple of horses ;)
    And the first thing he did when he arrived at Home Farm was enquire about Nathan :confused:
    And suddenly decided to stop by the Woolie for a pint........

So you think he fancies Nathan?
    Hadn't thought of that.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you think he fancies Nathan?
    Hadn't thought of that.

Ha ha - I actually hadn't thought of that either :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Charenton wrote: »
    Could someone with a better understanding of Testacy Law than me please explain how Nathan can sell Home Farm to anyone?

I would have thought Mark Wylde's estate would have to go to probate by his executors before they can dispose of it. Then pay any inheritance tax due. Natasha cannot benefit in any way from her crime of murdering Mark, she was not his legal wife anyway. In my opinion Faye Lamb, as his legal wife has the best claim to Mark's share of Home Farm.

Jewels is a Lawyer - and our resident Thread legal expert.
    I'm sure she'll answer that one when she's next online.

Jewels.....

My own thoughts on this are that TPTB know this storyline has dragged on for so long that many viewers are a bit fed up of it, so they will probably not mention any of that legal stuff and let us imagine it has all happened offscreen.

Probate can take months,can't it? Imagine if we had to endure months more of Nathan and Declan sniping at each other. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha ha - I actually hadn't thought of that either :D

When the rumours about a gay storyline starting were being bandied about [before we discovered Aaron was gay] it was suggested Nathan was going to be the central character of it.
    That could have been interesting.

It is time Katie had a relationship, though isn't it?
    She hasn't really been involved in anything much since Grayson.
    Not that I care.:yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Briefly, the way TPTB have set it up, Home Farm Estates (the farm and the business attached including all the properties in the village) were owned by Natasha from the outset. This became clear when she sold 51% to Declan when Mark was still missing - if he had owned any part of it, she would not have been able to sell any of it because all his assets were frozen.

After being arrested Natasha signed over the remaining 49% of the Home Farm Estate to Nathan to allow him to sell it and have the proceeds. It is not clear whether she expressly stated he was to share the proceeds with Maisie and Will but I think we are meant to presume that he will.

Mark seemingly made his money through his own business which he sold when they moved to Home Farm. He made a will which made provision for Faye and Ryan but essentially left everything to Natasha with Nathan, Maisie and Will also benefitting.

Declan told Faye after Natasha was arrested that his lawyers told him that as Natasha would not be able to inherit from Mark because she killed him, her share would be divided between Faye and the four children.

I think they've tried to be fairly in keeping with inheritance law although obviously they've simplified things such as ownership of assets. Estates are notorious for producing legal disputes but thankfully they are not going down that route - it really would be dull and add nothing to a story some feel has already dragged too long.

Sorry for long post - and hope it makes sense.

Chita - the usual revels will be required in payment thank you.
  • Options
    albiexalbiex Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Faye Lamb is technically his legal widow. She had him declared dead and claimed his life insurance. What Mark stated in his Will overrides any claim. It can be contested, but surely that would raise the question of why Faye Lamb didn't inform anyone when she discovered he was alive. Not even her son.
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Jewels is a Lawyer - and our resident Thread legal expert.
    I'm sure she'll answer that one when she's next online.

Jewels.....

My own thoughts on this are that TPTB know this storyline has dragged on for so long that many viewers are a bit fed up of it, so they will probably not mention any of that legal stuff and let us imagine it has all happened offscreen.

Probate can take months,can't it? Imagine if we had to endure months more of Nathan and Declan sniping at each other. :eek:

I thought Home Farm Estates was in Gnatashers name, which is why she could sell 51% to Declan when Maniel was missing

Exactly what Jewels said :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Home Farm Estates was in Gnatashers name, which is why she could sell 51% to Declan when Maniel was missing

Exactly what Jewels said :D:D

But much more succinctly!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emmerdale has posted up a welcome to the maceys interveiw on the web http://www.itv.com/soaps/emmerdale/videospecials/

also have i missed the news of a home farm set as rik posted this on twitter yesterday Great scenes today at the new Home Farm set. Macy family wicked to work with. Jai (Chris Bisson) in a pickle. http://twitter.com/RikMakarem so are they no longer using that mannor house they use, or is it just a new internal set??
  • Options
    CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation Jewels.It's like juggling with ten balls trying to remember everything that's gone on before.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also have i missed the news of a home farm set as rik posted this on twitter yesterday Great scenes today at the new Home Farm set. Macy family wicked to work with. Jai (Chris Bisson) in a pickle. http://twitter.com/RikMakarem so are they no longer using that mannor house they use, or is it just a new internal set??

My guess would be that they've done up the studio set. It would be a bit drastic to change the filming location of Home Farm after nearly 40 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation Jewels.It's like juggling with ten balls trying to remember everything that's gone on before.:confused:

That's okay. I guess I remember the legal stuff more cos I'm waiting for them to mess it up!:D Like I said before, I think they've done a good job considering how complex the facts could make it.
  • Options
    albiexalbiex Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess would be that they've done up the studio set. It would be a bit drastic to change the filming location of Home Farm after nearly 40 years.

Logical to change the set. They'll need furniture. Can't see Declan sticking with the old fashioned stuff or sleeping in Nathan's bed. They'd redecorate too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

thought that may be the case, but wanted to check, just wondered if they had also done a replica of that as well like they did with the woolpack etc when they moved to harewood
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just wondered if they had also done a replica of that as well like they did with the woolpack etc when they moved to harewood

That would be so cool!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have just see Ryan Lamb on All Star family fortunes. He is just as boring in real life:o

I guess that's the problem when someone plays themselves:(
This discussion has been closed.