Options

Would Christina Aguilera embarrass Matt

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I dont think this will be the pairing to be honest.

If it is it would show up his limited talent vocally and also possibly encourage a sympathy vote for him and Cowell wouldnt risk this as he is his fourth of four choice to win.

I think a cheese fest with Robbie Williams is more likely

Comments

• Options
    spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

If it is it would show up his limited talent vocally and also possibly encourage a sympathy vote for him and Cowell wouldnt risk this as he is his fourth of four choice to win.

What "limited talent vocally"? He's got the best voice in the competition, and I'd hazard a guess that he's also got the biggest range.

If anyone suits Xtina out of the final 4, its Matt.
  • Options
    LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina Aguilera could embarrass every single person on that show so you could say it's not a good pairing for Rebecca either.

However I think whoever duets with her will probably win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina could quite easily embarass the lot of them with the vocal range she has.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Her voice is horrible at the moment so I don't think she will be embarrassing anyone. Her range is gone, her voice is thin and she's very husky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiidey wrote: »
    What "limited talent vocally"? He's got the best voice in the competition, and I'd hazard a guess that he's also got the biggest range.

Exactly!

Who else has been hitting high notes consistently as Matt? One Direction? Cher? Rebecca? Nope.

Besides, it is looking like Rebecca will duet with Christina and good luck to her because Christina will vocally blow Rebecca away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt's vocal range is far from limited, even if you don't like him thats a ridiculous comment.

As for Christina, she is meant to be singing with Rebecca, and I think thats a bad move from Cheryl, who according to one report jumped in to get her as Danni wanted her to sing with Matt. They are totally different and as good as Rebecca is, I think she will struggle to match her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Her voice is horrible at the moment so I don't think she will be embarrassing anyone. Her range is gone, her voice is thin and she's very husky.

That needs to be considered too. Xtina's voice is not what it once was - of course it can sound good in the studio and on her records, but I think on the X Factor in a live setting the quality of her voice might surprise a lot of people, and not in a good way.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is out of Christina's range but I do think Matt is most suited.
  • Options
    LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so.

If they do sing together I would like them to do Hurt.
  • Options
    Juliet_G_Juliet_G_ Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    LolWtf wrote: »
    Christina Aguilera could embarrass every single person on that show so you could say it's not a good pairing for Rebecca either.

However I think whoever duets with her will probably win.

Totally agree with first bit, totally disagree with the second bit! Even if she reins it in a bit, she will totally overpower Rebecca & make her look a bit weak in comparision, when otherwise she's totally fabulous (think Rhydian & Katherine Jenkins).

One thing though - Rebecca does liven up a bit when she's got company on stage so we might get the more antimated performance a lot people have been looking for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thing - Xtina cannot do "restrained". She goes flat out almost every single time. She'll be pulling out all the notes Katherine Jenkins - esque and will either make herself look silly (by not singing the melody) or totally overshadow her partner.

Either way I cannot see it working.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Another thing - Xtina cannot do "restrained". She goes flat out almost every single time. She'll be pulling out all the notes Katherine Jenkins - esque and will either make herself look silly (by not singing the melody) or totally overshadow her partner.

Either way I cannot see it working.

Definitely. I don't think Xtina is capable of complimenting someone else, she will take over and want to showcase herself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Christina's high notes weaving around the edges of Rebecca's husky 'old school' voice could be something quite spectacular. IMO, a good duet consists of two singers who try to compliment each other rather than fight it out for who can sustain the highest, longest notes... think George Michael and Aretha, or Mary J
  • Options
    RICHARD BARCLAYRICHARD BARCLAY Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Rebecca to win then. Christina Aguilera will be phenomenal and carry Rebecca to X Factor Final glory. I don't even like Christina Aguilera's repertoire but she'll blow all the other live performances out of the water. Rihanna couldn't sing live in tune if her life depended on it although I love her recorded material. Robbie Williams will look ridiculous with One Direction. Will.i.am and Cher? Could be great but statistically, she can't win; not even if she became the fifth member of ABBA for a night (i.e. the comeback of the century).
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Christina may have power and range, but her tone can be harsh and unpleasing imo. She also over elaborates and can kill any melody. (Also imo but I have evidence).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnaxtQ6KqWU

Not sure how she will work with either Rebecca, or Matt tbh.
  • Options
    GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

You really are deluded, or just jealous of the fact that Matt has been landed with a good partner in Rihanna. He'll hold his own with her, and would have with Christina too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    It's quite sad to think the only one who would not be shows up by Christina is Cher because there's no real comparing a rap to proper singing.

Matt and Rebecca have far, far weaker voices than Christina and she'll completely overpower them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,550
    Forum Member
    Cadno wrote: »
    Christina's high notes weaving around the edges of Rebecca's husky 'old school' voice could be something quite spectacular. IMO, a good duet consists of two singers who try to compliment each other rather than fight it out for who can sustain the highest, longest notes... think George Michael and Aretha, or Mary J

Are you saying that George Michael and Aretha compliment each other or are you saying that they fight it out fo the highest longest notes?
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spiidey maybe good at the old stats but he has ears too ;)

Anyway, Xtina/ Matt pairing aint happening so this thread is a tad redundant, no?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Judo wrote: »
    Are you saying that George Michael and Aretha compliment each other or are you saying that they fight it out fo the highest longest notes?

Sorry... I probably wasn't clear. I meant that they didn't battle it out (well, GM probably realised he couldn't) and the finished article was a lot better for it.
  • Options
    mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, because after hearing her live, i think she is flipping awful.