Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Just because DS posted it it's not official :p;).Anyway, I think it's happening but there is still 2% chance that it's all a big fat rumour.Anyway, the tracklist doesn't look very promising and if it's all club songs then I'm not down with this release.I appreciate Brit's albums for their clean and shameless pop nature; I don't need club music.Now if they have turned Womanizer into a jazz song and I Wanna Go into funk/soul then it's interesting (I know it's not happening, just saying).Anyway, if I like it A LOT I may buy it sometime.I'm a little baffled that there is no new song on there.The label still doesn't care I see.I hope it's Jive's responsibility because if RCA planned it, this is NOT a good beginning...
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be her way of finishing her contract with JIVE. Maybe she had one more album left with them and by releasing this, it completes her contract.
    Forum Member
    It could be her way of finishing her contract with JIVE. Maybe she had one more album left with them and by releasing this, it completes her contract.
    Yes, but Jive is shutting down.What kind of legal obligations are there when the label is a write-off?Anyway, the industry works in mysterious ways, so I don't doubt it might be true.Now bring on the new label.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney is in the UK!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

Interesting but there should have been at least one new song on it. Didn't her first remix album have a couple of new songs on it?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member

I hadn't thought of it like that. :) If so I'm happy for her. She deserves a label who are going to fully support her, Jive haven't done that for a number of years.
    cm1992 wrote: »
    Britney is in the UK!

I wonder if she'll appear on any chatshows?...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I hadn't thought of it like that. :) If so I'm happy for her. She deserves a label who are going to fully support her, Jive haven't done that for a number of years.

Britney should go on the new Jonathan Ross show on ITV1 ...hes already had Adele, The Saturdays ...Lady Gagas on it in two weeks apparently :)
    Forum Member
    mich92 wrote: »
    Britney should go on the new Jonathan Ross show on ITV1 ...hes already had Adele, The Saturdays ...Lady Gagas on it in two weeks apparently :)
    WAIT!She is STILL promoting??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She would be great on Chatty Man
    I don't know if that's due for a new series soon or not
    Forum Member
    She would be great on Chatty Man
    I don't know if that's due for a new series soon or not

Yeah I'd love to see Britney and Alan Carr! :eek:

It has to happen!
  • jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Just because DS posted it it's not official :p;).Anyway, I think it's happening but there is still 2% chance that it's all a big fat rumour.Anyway, the tracklist doesn't look very promising and if it's all club songs then I'm not down with this release.I appreciate Brit's albums for their clean and shameless pop nature; I don't need club music.Now if they have turned Womanizer into a jazz song and I Wanna Go into funk/soul then it's interesting (I know it's not happening, just saying).Anyway, if I like it A LOT I may buy it sometime.I'm a little baffled that there is no new song on there.The label still doesn't care I see.I hope it's Jive's responsibility because if RCA planned it, this is NOT a good beginning...

Surely it was confirmed when Britney tweeted the release date of October 11th? No?
    Forum Member
    jonnyblack wrote: »
    Surely it was confirmed when Britney tweeted the release date of October 11th? No?
    Sorry, I'm not on Twitter so I didn't know that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'd love to see Britney and Alan Carr! :eek:

It has to happen!

Yeah, she is so down to earth in interviews and Alan will bring that out in her
    Forum Member
    Yeah, she is so down to earth in interviews and Alan will bring that out in her

The problem for an interviewer is that they are not interviewing Britney; they're interviewing her management. I dread to think how long the list of questions they are not allowed to ask her is.

Sadly, all of her answers appear to be pre-planned. I'd like to think that she gets more free reign now, she is a fully grown woman after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a good point actually. Didn't think of that
    Forum Member
    I think that Britney needs an insightful and heartfelt sit-down with a great interviewer that is also a good person and won't try to trap her to gain ratings.People need to see some personality, because they think she's a robot!Also, Britney needs to start acting like a grown woman and be more brave and capable of fighting her own battles.She shouldn't just back down everytime a shitty label tries to tell her what to do and let them boss her around.She should know what she wants and demand what she needs to be done.Most of the legendary artists have done things that a label would never fully approve, but their guts made them more powerful and therefore massively admired and idolized.Labels always play it safe, so if Britney is not ready to be herself yet, then she shouldn't release any more songs like TTWE and do scripted interviews because she gives people the wrong impression.
    Forum Member
    I think that Britney needs an insightful and heartfelt sit-down with a great interviewer that is also a good person and won't try to trap her to gain ratings.People need to see some personality, because they think she's a robot!Also, Britney needs to start acting like a grown woman and be more brave and capable of fighting her own battles.She shouldn't just back down everytime a shitty label tries to tell her what to do and let them boss her around.She should know what she wants and demand what she needs to be done.Most of the legendary artists have done things that a label would never fully approve, but their guts made them more powerful and therefore massively admired and idolized.Labels always play it safe, so if Britney is not ready to be herself yet, then she shouldn't release any more songs like TTWE and do scripted interviews because she gives people the wrong impression.

Agree. I would love for her to refuse to take bullshit from her label.
  • marc_ukmarc_uk Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    They Just Showed Her Picture With Guess Whos Coming To See Us, Finally Uk Promo :D
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marc_uk wrote: »
    They Just Showed Her Picture With Guess Whos Coming To See Us, Finally Uk Promo :D

Wow! I would be amazed and ecstatic if she did some UK promo, it might not help Femme Fatale sales too much but it would be great to see her over here!

If she is doing OK! TV then surely she would do other shows, some that are a little more high-profile.
    Forum Member
    I am clueless about UK TV.Do they have some sort of a stage for performances on OKTV or is it just a sit-down/small talk thing??
  • marc_ukmarc_uk Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I am clueless about UK TV.Do they have some sort of a stage for performances on OKTV or is it just a sit-down/small talk thing??

I just caught the announcement on the off chance by flicking throught the channels, i checked youtube and JLS and jedward have performed before aswell as given an interview :D
    Forum Member
    I just caught the announcement on the off chance by flicking throught the channels, i checked youtube and JLS and jedward have performed before aswell as given an interview :D
    YES!If she doesn't perform I will be gutted.If she performs 'Criminal' I would like some live vocals (at least one verse, one chorus and some adlibs) and also when she sits down to do the interview, she could do a subtle hair flip to redeem herself :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be a pre-recorded interview with OK!TV.
  • TheChicagoBaronTheChicagoBaron Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks! I'm new, and a casual Britney fan.:)

Which basically means I like about half of her songs.:D

Anyway, I've seen on Twitter that a Capital FM interview has been organised.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks! I'm new, and a casual Britney fan.:)

Which basically means I like about half of her songs.:D

Anyway, I've seen on Twitter that a Capital FM interview has been organised.:)

and YAY again familiar face ;) hehe!

It is fantastic she has UK promo over here to give Femme Fatale a second chance definitely

I mean people criticise Britney for her albums prior not having consistency and fillery songs. But ITZ, Blackout and FF are definitely her most fulfilled and perfect albums by miles IMO :)

FF deserves its chance to shine and looks like it will get a surge and hopefully, a boost! Not for sales but for awareness and having more people hear the killer Dance grooves :cool: