Options

Your favourite gadget of the last 5 years.

124»

Comments

• Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My iPod Touch.
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    I'm quite fond of my Ainol...although I've had some problems with it:

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB023.php

It doesn't always last as long as I would like...it can get quite hot...and the intermittent popping sounds gets annoying.

Apparently there's an 8" one coming early next*:

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB031.php

*If there is a next year :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PlayStation 3.
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    My iPod Touch.

yeah that, or Wii.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Automatic helmet cheese cleaner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's classed as a gadget, more of a tool really, but the Traktor Kontrol S4 is pretty damn special!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    My Squeezebox Duet music player.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iPads and iPhones seem to be on everyone list of 'must have'.

Son and his wife have these things hanging around their house and i've had a go with the iPad, but just cannot get 'into' all the endless fingerwork flicking necessary to operate the damn things! Far sooner have a proper keyboard and mouse!

My 'gadget' is my Christmas present to myself (thats what you do when you live on your own!).....a brand new Dell desktop running Windows 8. Can't comment on how much I 'favour' it as I haven't even connected it up yet but am prepared for a lonnnnng learning curve and plenty of 'fun'! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    FraserGJFraserGJ Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to be my Nexus 7 and my N40L server - great stuff.

Got an Samsung Galaxy S2 also which comes close...
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on use - Kindle. Nothing else comes close.

My cross cut shredder is very enjoyable to use though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    iPads and iPhones seem to be on everyone list of 'must have'.

Son and his wife have these things hanging around their house and i've had a go with the iPad, but just cannot get 'into' all the endless fingerwork flicking necessary to operate the damn things! Far sooner have a proper keyboard and mouse!

My 'gadget' is my Christmas present to myself (thats what you do when you live on your own!).....a brand new Dell desktop running Windows 8. Can't comment on how much I 'favour' it as I haven't even connected it up yet but am prepared for a lonnnnng learning curve and plenty of 'fun'! :rolleyes:

Not mine.
  • Options
    Pea1Pea1 Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Kindle
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoPro
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ipod.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Time machine. Haven't you got them yet?

iPad - i hear the criticism and it mirrors what I thought about them till I got one, but it's a superb tool.

Top of the tree without a doubt though is electronic cycle gears - Shimano Di2 or Campag EPS. Pointless, fun, life-affirming. And reassuringly dear, for good measure.
  • Options
    muchlymuchly Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Another vote for the iPad here. Competely changed how I use the Internet and generally consume media.
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iphone.

And Kindle.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    Time machine. Haven't you got them yet?

iPad - i hear the criticism and it mirrors what I thought about them till I got one, but it's a superb tool.

Top of the tree without a doubt though is electronic cycle gears - Shimano Di2 or Campag EPS. Pointless, fun, life-affirming. And reassuringly dear, for good measure.
    Electronic gears?? :eek::eek:

LOL......whatever next!!!

As for the 'reassuringly dear', I remember when in my younger fitter youth and serious cycle racing was my obsession, I bought a Campag Nuovo Record derailleur which at the time was advertised as "the worlds lightest gearing".........and cost me the mind blowing sum of £13.12s 6d.....£13.62.5pence in todays money! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Nexus 7 :cool:
  • Options
    Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    Whilst not technically a gadget, the thing that has had the biggest impact in our household is Plex. Computers, smartphones and tablets are reduced to "things that run Plex".
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wi-fi radio. It's a Revo, runs off mains or rechargeable battery and very portable. I use it just like an old-school transistor radio: switch it on, tune it in and carry it around from room to room or out in the garden, but listening to great stations from all over the planet instead of the mediocre ones from nearby.

And I know you can do the same thing with a smartphone or a laptop or even an internet-connected telly - but they just aren't radios.
  • Options
    CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    android phone