Options

migrants

Comments

• Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Not just Brits. The locals seem to be getting pretty fed up with the whole thing.
    Migrants are stealing our washing and wi-fi, claim angry French locals: Calais residents say they're moving out of their homes and setting up traps to keep squatters out
    Locals living near the 'Jungle' migrant camp turning to desperate measures
    One farmer sets up thermal imaging cameras and electric wires on house
    One resident says migrants are stealing washing from lines and wifi
    The road, Rue de Gravelines is also littered with houses with for sale signs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3184273/Desperate-Calais-locals-laying-TRAPS-migrants-property-daily-stress-living-near-Jungle-takes-toll.html

I feel sorry for the locals but the migrants have to go somewhere. Someone must have the answer to all this.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

Thanks for providing that but I was speaking in the context of the UK's accommodation provision, and wanted to know what the other poster meant by complaints about it.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    And what about poorer working class Brits,who inevitably end up living in the same street as them - Do they not count ?
    What's wrong with living in the same street as 'them'?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DianaFire wrote: »
    Thanks for providing that but I was speaking in the context of the UK's accommodation provision, and wanted to know what the other poster meant by complaints about it.

I think there was a story a couple of days ago about some migrants complaining about being given western food. Possibly the migrants who had been put up in a hotel somewhere.
  • Options
    thisthis Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    mickmars wrote: »
    And what about poorer working class Brits,who inevitably end up living in the same street as them - Do they not count ?

Again it's about areas, you won't find immigrants in the park (well to do area in Nottingham) they put them in poorer areas out of harms reach, plebs do not count, unless you're an immigrant pleb in which case here's an house/flat and some spending money.

Is this mirror covered guitar yours?
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Centres, sub-standard council accommodation and what used to be known as dosshouses. Unaccompanied children will go to foster parents.Centrally funded as far as I know. It's all answered in the thread, if you can muster the energy to look.

So whose money is that then and where does it come from? Do you not want to admit that the UK taxpayer is being taken to the cleaners by immigrants?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To some on this forum those working class Brits should just put up and shut up, basically.
    We all should. It's a global issue and until it is resolved globally we need to weather whatever storms come our way. Relax the borders, relieve the pressure, and then work with governments to address the wars and corruption which are driving people away from the home nations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this wrote: »
    Again it's about areas, you won't find immigrants in the park (well to do area in Nottingham) they put them in poorer areas out of harms reach, plebs do not count, unless you're an immigrant pleb in which case here's an house/flat and some spending money.
    Nonsense and you know it. And those 'areas' you talk about will represent the majority of the UK within about 50 years anyway be that via migration or 'plebs' as you call then breeding uncontrollably.

The UK as we know is finished, so it's either adapt to global change and address the changing face of our demographic or become so insular that we may as well be North Korea (which I kinda get the feeling some people want). Like turning heel in wrestling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wampa1 wrote: »
    We all should. It's a global issue and until it is resolved globally we need to weather whatever storms come our way. Relax the borders, relieve the pressure, and then work with governments to address the wars and corruption which are driving people away from the home nations.

Are you insane? we and the rest of Europe would be housing at least another countries worth because they would all come a begging. Lets house the whole continent of Africa uh? fjlbysduipxrzxdfb zsry6
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there was a story a couple of days ago about some migrants complaining about being given western food. Possibly the migrants who had been put up in a hotel somewhere.

There was one from 2014, if that's it. An overflow was put up in a hotel temporarily and one guy interviewed said he wasn't keen on Western food. Was that perhaps the one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There was one from 2014, if that's it. An overflow was put up in a hotel temporarily and one guy interviewed said he wasn't keen on Western food. Was that perhaps the one?

But why is there a need for an overflow? WE ARE FULL FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TeeGee wrote: »
    So whose money is that then and where does it come from? Do you not want to admit that the UK taxpayer is being taken to the cleaners by immigrants?

I was talking about asylum seekers, the ones who live on £36 a week. Why are you shifting the goalposts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you insane? we and the rest of Europe would be housing at least another countries worth because they would all come a begging. Lets house the whole continent of Africa uh? fjlbysduipxrzxdfb zsry6
    There is literally no other solution though. It's like holding back the tide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is literally no other solution though. It's like holding back the tide.

Oh i dunno about that STAY IN YOUR OWN BLOODY COUNTRY or is that too easy.
  • Options
    liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you're in a minority of errrrm 1.

Relax the borders?..... You are joking or pissed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's simple refuse entry forcefully if required and then cherry pick the ones that have a useful skill set like rocket science etc, have no religion and no 200 member family.

Oh and ya can't send money abroad for twenty years.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I honestly don't know. I only saw a post about it on here. I didn't read the story. It's possible that's the one the poster is referring to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When there are wars raging around you and the threat of persecution and starvation and poverty I think it's probably pretty hard to just stay put.
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Nonsense and you know it. And those 'areas' you talk about will represent the majority of the UK within about 50 years anyway be that via migration or 'plebs' as you call then breeding uncontrollably.

The UK as we know is finished, so it's either adapt to global change and address the changing face of our demographic or become so insular that we may as well be North Korea (which I kinda get the feeling some people want). Like turning heel in wrestling.

Why can't we just reassert our national and cultural identity? I think that is more likely than becoming like North Korea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liftmaster wrote: »
    I think you're in a minority of errrrm 1.

Relax the borders?..... You are joking or pissed.
    It's going to happen, either publically or through stealth. Do you really think the 5000+ in Calais are just going to 'go home'?

Let's stop doing nothing. Let them in and maybe then we'll see some action from the government when the issue of over crowding is literally on their doorstep.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You think these people should just stay put? Really?

Parents flee Syria with their badly burned little girl, joining the ever-growing numbers heading into Europe through Macedonia as civil war continues to drive migrants towards the continent
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3184275/The-children-illegally-crossing-borders-way-life-know-Calais-Mediterranean-families-continue-risk-lives-young-new-life-Europe.html

Can you look at her little face & still say that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When there are wars raging around you and the threat of persecution and starvation and poverty I think it's probably pretty hard to just stay put.

They could fight for their country however it's easier to run get British citizenship and bring the whole smegging family for a benefits bonanza. no no non onononononononono
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't we just reassert our national and cultural identity?
    Has any nation in the history of the world ever done that post mass-migration?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You think these people should just stay put? Really?

Parents flee Syria with their badly burned little girl, joining the ever-growing numbers heading into Europe through Macedonia as civil war continues to drive migrants towards the continent
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3184275/The-children-illegally-crossing-borders-way-life-know-Calais-Mediterranean-families-continue-risk-lives-young-new-life-Europe.html

Can you look at her little face & still say that?

put them up pay for their medical bills etc and then we can talk until stfu,oh and be accountable for their actions
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Has any nation in the history of the world ever done that post mass-migration?

None I can think of, but I don't think we have reached the point of no return yet, I could be wrong about that.
This discussion has been closed.