who is the most smug, annoying person on tv?

Comments

• spudatospudato Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daphne Fowler from Eggheads! :mad:
    I agree, would also like to add Claire never off TV Balding.
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,843
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    The new Radio 1 DJ with the shit hair can't even remember his name?

Dave Lee Travis :p

For many years Richard "Exclusively Live" Keys
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,843
    Forum Member
    Still no one around today is as smug as Hughie Green was
  • Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe no one's said John Barrowman. Not, admittedly, on our screens as much as he used to be, but hugely smug and irritating nonetheless.

Oh, and for the worryingly large number of people who don't seem to understand, 'Keith Lemon' is *not real*. He's a caricature played by Leigh Francis. Although how much of their personalities would intersect on a Venn diagram is open to debate...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spudato wrote: »
    I agree, would also like to add Claire never off TV Balding.

yes, yes, Yes, YEs, YES!! OMG YES!! I think she is absolutely shit. No discernible talent whatsoever. She'll turn up at the opening of an envelope. Open the fridge door, and soon as the light goes on she's there. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »
    I'd love to stick this little lot in Room 101 and throw away the key...

James Corden
    Jack Whitehall
    (and judging by this thread they would run off with the prize for smuggest tw**s, if there was one going ... )

Duncan Bannatyne
    Theo Paphitis
    (love Dragon's Den and the other Dragons, but these two have an air of smugness and superiority that I find borderline offensive)

Christian off "The Hotel"
    (Deluded and smug "reality" star)

Katie Price
    Rylan Clark
    (Him & her versions of nasty, smug, non-talented celebrities in todays showbiz)

Louis Walsh
    (Smug, deluded, dated, and self-important)

Most of the cast of TOWIE
    (Smug ... for thinking that they matter and are representative of a whole county... )

Donald Trump
    (Smug ... for thinking that he created Alan Sugar's reputation, and believing that he's the most important man in the US)

The Kardashians
    Heidi & Spencer Pratt
    (Smug ... for believing that they are as famous in every country as they are in the US. No. Just, no. Go away.)

Simon Cowell
    (smug ... for believing that the ratings for X-Factor and BGT were falling because HE wasn't on the panels. No, people are just tiring of the formats)

MY GOD ... I NEEDED THAT!!! :eek:

Sorry people. :o

Lovin' your work Wulfster. No apology necessary AFAIC. I know how you feel. Once you get going....:D:D:D
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Depends what people class as smug. I don't find Edmonds, Balding or Armstrong to be smug but Mr Cowell obviously is.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigella Lawson:mad:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Max Beesley from those Jobs(h)ite adverts!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe no one's said John Barrowman. Not, admittedly, on our screens as much as he used to be, but hugely smug and irritating nonetheless.

Currently playing a major role in US series, Arrow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that bird off eastenders who married ian - tasmin somebody??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone off 'Come Dine with Me'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piers Morgan
    Jonathon Ross
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That rylan, also dowling & corden!!
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Nick Grimshaw??

That's the one
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    The only ones I find smug and annoying are:

Matthew Wright (his face is smug, I hate his guffawing laugh and his irritating way of cutting people off when they don't have the same view as him)
    Piers Morgan (the word 'smug' was made for him)
    Jeremy Kyle (arrogant, smug, shouty and insufferable)
    Tim Lovejoy (he's a n*b, the worst presenter in the world with a droning voice, he looks and sounds like he can't be arsed, he's rude and irritates the hell out of me :mad:)
    Now I think about it, I find Jeremy Clarkson, Patrick Kielty, Richard Hammond and Ricky Gervais smug too
  • RegTumblerRegTumbler Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Hazel Irvine has my vote on this one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Gary Barlow
  • MaleficOpusMaleficOpus Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Chris Hollins
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends what people class as smug. I don't find Edmonds, Balding or Armstrong to be smug but Mr Cowell obviously is.

I wish more posts on this thread were more like wulfster's. Because there's many names posted which I don't really relate to smugness and just look like names posted because the poster simply doesn't like them.

wulfster posted reasons next to the name and I can understand why they're seen as smug. That's going to help me see smugness in someone that I may not have before.

There are names that I immediately associate with being smug. But most of them on this thread i don't, so I could do with a little help understanding why with an example or something given.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    I wish more posts on this thread were more like wulfster's. Because there's many names posted which I don't really relate to smugness and just look like names posted because the poster simply doesn't like them.

wulfster posted reasons next to the name and I can understand why they're seen as smug. That's going to help me see smugness in someone that I may not have before.

There are names that I immediately associate with being smug. But most of them on this thread i don't, so I could do with a little help understanding why with an example or something given.

Basically I chose ones who I think are smug because they either seem to laugh at their own jokes and think/know they're funny, act like they know it all, seem to think they're superior because they're on tv and earning a lot or are getting away with being poor/mediocre at their jobs but knowing that they're doing 'better' than much of the general public and winging it. I'm not sure if I've explained it very well :D
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phillip Scofield by a long, long way. Wish he would tweet off with himself, never to return.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martin Lewis, the money saving fella - gets right on my wick, as do the stupid props and juvenile delivery he uses to get his message across. Patronising, condescending and smug. It was a real smugfest with him and Schofield on This Morning today.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of those suggested don't bother me as I don't watch those programmes.

I'm quite resigned to recording antiques Roadshow and fast forward through Fiona Bruce's several appearances. If I miss out her and "Good Better Best" in which she's never out of camera shot, I can reduce this show to three quarters of an hour.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce Forsythe