If Messi joined Q.P.R. would they stay up?

elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Serious question

Comments

• vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only if he farted.
  • oatstieoatstie Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Only if he farted.

:D:D:eek:
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No....
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    Only if he farted.

Well, Fergie does call this part of the season squeaky bum time.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they need Nigel reo coker a true footballing gawd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...for the simple reason that's it's COMPLETELY out of their own hands (i.e. winning all their games may not be enough).
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    I don't know, but if Messi joined Stoke I know that Pulis would probably play him as a full-back
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    No...for the simple reason that's it's COMPLETELY out of their own hands (i.e. winning all their games may not be enough).

but winning all their games probably will be enough, and with Messi in the side they would surely do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but winning all their games probably will be enough, and with Messi in the side they would surely do that.

No, he wouldn't make them win all their games. The Prem League is tougher.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

He could hardly help a quality Argentinian side qualify for the World Cup.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    I don't know, but if Messi joined Stoke I know that Pulis would probably play him as a full-back

:D I was listening to the Stoke misery on 606 Live today.
    Forum Member

Not to mention he won't be surrounded by players of the calibre of Villa, Fàbregas, Alba, Puyol, Iniesta et al.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're joking right? Man U have pissed this league, and couldn't even get past the last 16 in the champs league. It's full of piss-poor sides like Sunderland and Stoke.
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    :D I was listening to the Stoke misery on 606 Live today.

It's a dire state of affairs currently. I'm just hoping the rumours are true and the capped bufoon is given his marching orders soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention he won't be surrounded by players of the calibre of Villa, Fàbregas, Alba, Puyol, Iniesta et al.

Wouldn't matter. He'd win games by force against the likes of Wigan and Norwich. Most of his goals are solo efforts anyway.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

but he could play just behind Bobby Zamora...........:eek:
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    You're joking right? Man U have pissed this league, and couldn't even get past the last 16 in the champs league. It's full of piss-poor sides like Sunderland and Stoke.
    To be fair, once you're in a knock out competition the stage at which you go out doesn't necessarily reflect how good the team is. A team going out at the last 16 may be better than the runner up, depending on the draw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Better and tougher are two different things. I specifically said "tougher". Look how much better Ronaldo is with Real Madrid.

Messi would be subjected to a much more physical game in the UK. Trust me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    but he could play just behind Bobby Zamora...........:eek:

Not for the next 3 matches, so that only leaves 3 matches for that 'dream partnership' to be seen.
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    Better and tougher are two different things. I specifically said "tougher". Look how much better Ronaldo is with Real Madrid.

Messi would be subjected to a much more physical game in the UK. Trust me.
    If he was playing in the Premier League the number of red cards for the lower teams would go through the roof :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only teams capable of getting a result against Messi right now would be the ones vying for top four- i.e. Chelsea, Spuds, Arsenal and Everton. They still have something to strive for.

Man U and Man City will get getting the deck chairs out- nothing to play for. Ditto the mediocre mid-table sides like Swansea, and the relegation strugglers just aren't good enough.

He'd average over a goal a game in this league- no problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only teams capable of getting a result against Messi right now would be the ones vying for top four- i.e. Chelsea, Spuds, Arsenal and Everton. They still have something to strive for.

Man U and Man City will get getting the deck chairs out- nothing to play for. Ditto the mediocre mid-table sides like Swansea, and the relegation strugglers just aren't good enough.

He'd average over a goal a game in this league- no problem.

He wouldn't average over a goal a game for the reason already given.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...

...but give 'em Ricky Lambert for a few games...
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'd get them goals, but QPR are too weak defensively so would concede too many against the likes of Everton. Most likely they wouldn't close the 7 pts gap in such little time.