Options

Kellogg's Corn Flakes

2»

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    KennedyC wrote: »
    Has anyone tried changing to an alternative "brand" of cornflakes? I have tried a couple of times over the years and I always end up changing back. I began to suspect that "K" have added something addictive to their recipe.

I think they just taste miles better than any other brands.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought shredded wheat had no additives whatsoever
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    KennedyC wrote: »
    Has anyone tried changing to an alternative "brand" of cornflakes? I have tried a couple of times over the years and I always end up changing back. I began to suspect that "K" have added something addictive to their recipe.

The closest I have found to Kellogg's are probably Sainsbury's own - not the Basics, but their regular ones. But you're right, pretty much all other makes or cornflakes are inferior to Kellogg's.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love a bowl of soggy cornflakes; haven't had some for ages. As a treat I add a light sprinkling of sugar.

I'm just the opposite........I have as little milk as possible just to wet them but keep them crunchy......:D

and no sugar !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    The closest I have found to Kellogg's are probably Sainsbury's own - not the Basics, but their regular ones. But you're right, pretty much all other makes or cornflakes are inferior to Kellogg's.

I had Sainsbury own brand for quite a while and, as you say, they were the closest to the real thing, perfectly acceptable

But I went back to Kellogg's when the recession was over.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    I always thought shredded wheat had no additives whatsoever

Yes, that's right........on the box it says 'Ingredients : 100% Wheat'

the only salt, sugar etc is what must occur naturally in wheat

I like Shredded Wheat as well as Cornflakes and often mix them together in the bowl....