Showbiz wigs: Wogan, Forsythe, Blackburn......

Comments

• ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I am mesmerised by him!

There is a strange hypnotic quality to that syrup ^_^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I've just been to the pictures to see Captain America. To my surprise Robert Redford is in it. To my even bigger surprise, he is wearing a really noticeable rug - it's in the style of a 'Brucie' where you can see the join at the sides and back.
    I can only think that they spent all their budget on special effects and didn't have enough money left over to get poor Robert a decent syrup...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Yes, that's the one! Incredibly, it's even worse from the side and/or back view.
    Whenever Robert was on screen, I had a tendency to miss his dialogue as I was mesmerised by his barnet.
    I am actually amazed that they let such a famous and respected actor appear on screen wearing that on his head.
  • Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spookyjo wrote: »
    I am actually amazed that they let such a famous and respected actor appear on screen wearing that on his head.

It's probably Redford's own wig, and he probably doesn't admit to wearing one.

I'm sure the Captain America makeup team could've made him a much better one, but maybe they were all too scared to raise the subject.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Neil Finn of Crowded House on Later With Jools Holland.
    Wigtastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After seeing him last night on the Graham Norton show, I have to add Barry Manilow to the list. It's certainly not his hair - mind you, it didn't look like it was his face, either. :eek:

Bless him, I think Barry is very talented, but why has he had such dodgy looking work done?
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tory MP Michael Fabricant admits his trademark blond hair has been ''enhanced'' - but denies wearing a wig. :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-mp-michael-fabricant-admits-3524194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:o:o

Blimey, that has to be a wig?!? :o
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw 72 year old Hank Marvin sporting a glorious head of thick youthful dark hair. :D

Wig ALERT! :D

http://oi60.tinypic.com/s4c9w3.jpg
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone mentioned the Doctor on Secret Eaters..my God that is one of the worst syrups ever...and an alarming shade of blonde/beige too.:o

There was a repeat of the very first series of Secret Eaters shown a few weeks ago & in episode 1 that doctor definitely has a lot less hair than in the latest series (series 3 I think). What was he thinking to decide to start wearing such a dodgy and obvious wig? I doesn't suit him at all and just looks hideous.

I'd like to know what co-star presenter Anna really thinks of it and also how she manages to keep a straight face and not giggle when sat next to him :D
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    I actually don't think Terry wears a wig at all. If you notice his hair has changed colour and consistency over the years and now he has an obvious bald patch on the back of his head. If it was a wig surely that would be covered up?

It's all part of the disguise .

Rob Brydon . I remember seeing him when his hair was practically non existant .

Now by a miracle he has a full head of hair .

It must be hell in the very hot weather having a wig glued to your head . What must be more uncomfortable is I've seen Terry wear a cap over his wig when he plays golf .

I wonder do they take them off when they get home .

I know Fred Astaire used only wear his wig only when filming . Other times he'd remove it .
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely the Rolling Stones wear wigs . I remember seeing them at their most recent concert in Hyde Park and they were all sporting full heads of hair . I think the drummer Charlie does have his own hair .

I suppose it makes them look younger from a distance .

Imagine if it was 4 baldies on stage, they just wouldn't have the same pizzazz .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you believe any guy would wear this monstrosity? :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9DqphdNHWw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, that's really bad! :o

Does the 9th Doctor, Christopher Eccleston wear a wig? One thing I've always noticed when I watch his regeneration is there's hair at the back sticking up which it shouldn't really do if his hair was naturally that short plus if you look at the front by his forehead the hair does look a bit like a toupee...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265/maximuppets/ce.png
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, that's really bad! :o

Does the 9th Doctor, Christopher Eccleston wear a wig? One thing I've always noticed when I watch his regeneration is there's hair at the back sticking up which it shouldn't really do if his hair was naturally that short plus if you look at the front by his forehead the hair does look a bit like a toupee...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265/maximuppets/ce.png

Not a wig, maybe, but perhaps a slight weave. ;)

* Tony Curtis, a great actor of years gone by, but boy what a bad taste he had in toupees. :D

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3265441_f260.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

* Tony Curtis, a great actor of years gone by, but boy what a bad taste he had in toupees. :D

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3265441_f260.jpg

Doesn't he look like another dodgy wig wearer, David 'Diddy' Hamilton? ;-)

Well at a quick glance anyway!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Doesn't he look like another dodgy wig wearer, David 'Diddy' Hamilton? ;-)

Well at a quick glance anyway!!

Most wig and toupee wearers are blind to what is really in the mirror reflection.

For some reason they cannot see what we see. :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most wig and toupee wearers are blind to what is really in the mirror reflection.

For some reason they cannot see what we see. :D:p

Ha ha, indeed!! :D

Looking at some of these horrendous syrups, the saying 'A fool and their money...' really does seem to be true! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do these old rock & pop stars keep the same hairstyle for decades? :confused:
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards surely wear wigs?

He doesn't wear a wig, but did say on QI once that he was disappointed no-one had mentioned his 'terrific hair transplant'.

Marv Albert - a US sports commentator was pictured wearing a corker recently

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2268208_f260.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do these old rock & pop stars keep the same hairstyle for decades? :confused:

Can't be his hair surely...
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    It's all part of the disguise .

It must be hell in the very hot weather having a wig glued to your head . What must be more uncomfortable is I've seen Terry wear a cap over his wig when he plays golf .

I wonder do they take them off when they get home .

I know Fred Astaire used only wear his wig only when filming . Other times he'd remove it .

Didn't a Rob Brydon have a hair transplant?