Resolutiongate - CoD: Ghosts PS4 is 720p in Single Player.

Comments

• sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurogamer have just tweeted that the day one patch will make Single Player 1080p without it its 720p

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-day-one-patch-makes-call-of-duty-ghosts-single-player-1080p-on-ps4

:eek:
    Dan27 wrote: »
    Hmm. It gets more interesting:

http://i.imgur.com/no2cHiJ.jpg
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    That's a crazy patch!

Has any patch done that before?

Zone of the Enders 2 on PS3.

Though that was a complete trainwreck of a port, so the "patch" is actually the entire game re-done by a different team. Without the patch, the game is 1280x720 and struggles between 40 and 60fps. After the patch (New Team) the game is 1920x1080 and runs at a solid 60fps locked along with extra graphical details and particle effects.

Thus proving a lot of **** ups in ports is down to the teams used.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    And what a surprise, Gaf is down. Bet this news crashed it.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so it seems that its another cock up to add to the list that IW have made
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, frame rate issues at 720p ???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    So, frame rate issues at 720p ???

yeah the frame rate issues are from the unpatched upscaled from 720p version
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah the frame rate issues are from the unpatched upscaled from 720p version

So it's currently upscaled to 1080p as opposed to native ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's currently upscaled to 1080p as opposed to native ?

yeah,because of a configuration issue on the retail version,once it is patched its native 1080p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah,because of a configuration issue on the retail version,once it is patched its native 1080p

And yet all these "experts" everywhere online were claiming it was so easy to tell the difference, and stating that the PS4 was native 1080, while taking screen shots to "prove it" ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet all these "experts" everywhere online were claiming it was so easy to tell the difference, and stating that the PS4 was native 1080, while taking screen shots to "prove it" ?

it depends on if they were using a retail disc or older code to review from
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "...Indeed, even the occasional screen-tear generated by the game is upscaled from 720p."

:D:D:D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-day-one-patch-makes-call-of-duty-ghosts-single-player-1080p-on-ps4
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I kinda feel sorry for Infinity Ward right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I kinda feel sorry for Infinity Ward right now.

i think things have hit rock bottom for them now
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I think there are a lot of reviewers eating crow at the moment. I don't want to say Polygon
    BUT I WILL :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid question, which is worse:

a. IW knew about this and lied

b. IW didn't know about this massive cockup of GAFtastic proportions
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Never mind I will be playing KZ Shadow Fall anyway
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So after all the debate about which version is better, I guess we can all agree that this game is little bit broken. The 2 extra platforms were probably just too much to crank out in a year.

The gif in the opening post on Gaf sums it up well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715089

Have any reviewers commented on this? Did they review the patched version or the upscaled? Everybody that said they couldn't tell the difference may have been right lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is getting even more stupid. Polygon are now claiming they only played the mp on ps4, which means their score is based solely on the mp.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting even more stupid. Polygon are now claiming they only played the mp on ps4, which means their score is based solely on the mp.

basically they've been caught with their pants down and trying to backtrack
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And as we know MP looks worse than SP.

So yeah. You'd think they'd have mentioned that earlier.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Sooooo does this patch fix the "supposed" frame rate problem with the PS4 version?

I'm slightly confused with all this and was wondering if his game is worth playing online with the frame rate issues being reported.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Sooooo does this patch fix the "supposed" frame rate problem with the PS4 version?

I'm slightly confused with all this and was wondering if his game is worth playing online with the frame rate issues being reported.

There will be a launch day fix for the frame rate.

On whether you should play it or not, well.... many people online are saying that it will be the last choice (after KZ:SF and BF4), and with a few free psn fps's also available from launch day, they won't buy it. But, each to their own; your choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "...Let me try and get this straight.

Activision/IW say that CoD:Ghosts is running at 1080p on PS4 and 720p on Xbox One.

Activision/IW don't inform the media or consumers that a patch is needed for the resolution difference in singleplayer.

Singleplayer runs at 720p on PS4 pre-patch but is still 1080p in multiplayer pre-patch (with some frame rate issues). Xbox One is 720p in both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Members of the media compare the graphics in singleplayer and incorrectly surmise that you can tell the resolution difference.

Members of the media compare the graphics in multiplayer and incorrectly summise that you can't tell the difference.

Activison/IW reveal that a patch is required for the resolution bump along with potential frame rate fixes.

This is a comedy."

User on Reddit (via GAF)
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The submission packages can easily have different support configs for both retail and QA/press. There is no reason to think they weren't playing 1080 native.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    So the versions that reviewers played at the review events were 720p for the campaign on BOTH versions (according to Gaf), and nobody noticed that the PS4 was outputting 720p but they still claim that it looked superior even though technically it wasn't (at the time)? Wow, reminds me why I don't put much stock in what reviewers say...bravo Activision, you've successfully trolled reviewers everywhere :p

And while all this Resolutiongate stuff goes off, EA confirm that NFS: Rivals runs at 1080p on both new consoles. I think it's quite clear here that it's Infinity Ward that are just crap at developing anything that isn't an Xbox 360 game...