Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 147)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi sorry to drop in on your thread, but I was reading your discussion of the Alan guy and just wanted to share some thoughts, I guess. Hope that's okay?

I find it really curious. His purpose is apparently important enough to break continuity (considering nobody in the past 2 years has ever mentioned Lynsey had a brother) and yet it's something within only 4 episodes.

I'm kinda hoping Cheryl has something seriously to do with it too because I think it's quite bad form of Hollyoaks to constantly have new characters rocking in every few months for the sole purpose of filling Brendan storylines.
    The lot of Danny, Maca, Pete made sense because Brendan was still all secrets and lies and ooh who is he really, but by the end of this year, Joel, Walker, Lynsey's brother and Pa...all about Brendan really.

Some of them have obviously indeed been amazing storylines, but I really don't think there's ever been a character who's had so many guest roles and such brought in just for them.
    I hope Hollyoaks don't regret this. Lynsey was quite popular with the average viewer, right? I wonder how they'll react to creating a brother of hers just for the sake of Brendan. They've just gotten people back on his side again, Emmett can create an awesome scene with near anybody in the cast and he's currently got good storylines going, with big ones coming up when they bring his dad in... can't they just let him continue that and let him be Brendan?

I thought maybe it could be about his guilt over Lynsey's death? And about how he deals with the blame differently than he would have once upon a time and so showing his change...or something. But it actually wasn't his fault at all so I'm doubtful.

If it's yet another ex storyline...I don't get it, and I don't want it. Also, not that Hollyoaks would allow such logic to get in the way, but 2 best friends from a small village in Belfast...both of whom just happen to have gay older brothers the same age yet the connection's never even been mentioned... Right.

If it's about having Ste jealous and making him acknowledge his feelings for Brendan... I don't really want that either cuz
    A)Having Brendan get it on with his dead friend's brother - shared past or not - isn't exactly helpful in Brendan evolving and focusing on making things better... And I don't even just mean Ste - I really don't think it would help his relationship with Cheryl, somehow.
    B)Surely it's all a bit more meaningful to have Ste experience all his Brendan feels the way he has lately, when he just can't bare Brendan being a bit broken and all by himself.

Oh Hollyoaks, you've got my mind whirling. Again.

Again, sorry to just drop in, especially with a long post. I just wanted to put my thoughts some place :o

Oh, and yeah, I thought Ruby was supposed to be Nina (Natalie Portman) from Black Swan too.
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer my idea of her being Amy Farrah Fowler at a goth night but you are obviously right. ;)

Very nice first post, lots to think about in there.

Don't feel as if you are intruding btw Pom Pom, open forum, all welcome.

Well, not her, or her, or him either but other than them all welcome. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    Don't apologise, Pom Pom. :D

I think you're totally right RE the Ste stuff, too. I don't want Ste being jealous to remind him of his feelings for Brendan, if they were going to do that, they may as well just have him told that Brendan slept with Walker. It'd do the trick and it'd upset less people.

I am looking forward to how they managed to have had Lynsey die and Cheryl mention her parents, but not her brother. It just sounds ridiculous to me and very last minute, too.

ETA: Plus I know they're not blood but if Lynsey was like Brendan's sister, that'd make Eoghan like his brother and it just sounds a bit icky from that viewpoint.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Pom Pom wrote: »
    I thought maybe it could be about his guilt over Lynsey's death? And about how he deals with the blame differently than he would have once upon a time and so showing his change...or something. But it actually wasn't his fault at all so I'm doubtful.

Hey Pom Pom, I'm thinking this must have something to do with Lynsey as well, even though it wasn't Brendan's fault. Maybe it'll fill in some more family background. It's only a brief role, so it doesn't sound like anything too massive. Mind you, as soon as I say that, it'll turn into something seminal. I usually have that power. :cool:

I'll never forget the day I said they would be "insane" to have Doug develop feelings for Ste. *hysterical laughter*
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    I'll never forget the day I said they would be "insane" to have Doug develop feelings for Ste. *hysterical laughter*

You made it happen :mad:
    Forum Member
    Oh god I can't forget that day when Doug hugged Ste and he looked a bit too into it.

I remember how we were all getting ready to cringe over Ste being drunk and making a move.

I weep for that scenario.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey bitches :cool:
    So Alan is Lynsey's brother? :rolleyes: What a disappointment. I wanted him to be Brendan and Chez's cousin :cry:
    God only knows what he's gonna do since he's only a guest star for four episodes. I was thinking he might be a victim of Pa too... :o Perhaps he and Brendan used to fool around and Pa caught them? :o
    It'd be a nice way to bring him into the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too tezza, I remember worrying that Ste would fancy Doug and Doug would be harsh in his rejection.

Haaaahhaahhaaaaaaaa.

*sobs*
    Forum Member
    Hey bitches :cool:
    So Alan is Lynsey's brother? :rolleyes: What a disappointment. I wanted him to be Brendan and Chez's cousin :cry:
    God only knows what he's gonna do since he's only a guest star for four episodes. I was thinking he might be a victim of Pa too... :o Perhaps he and Brendan used to fool around and Pa caught them? :o

No fooling around, please. :cry:

My heart can't take it.
    ally08 wrote: »
    Me too tezza, I remember worrying that Ste would fancy Doug and Doug would be harsh in his rejection.

Haaaahhaahhaaaaaaaa.

*sobs*

It would've been so much better.

Well no it wouldn't have because Ste lusting after Doug makes me feel a bit ill but it would've been better than Doug and his emotional boners.
  • misssdorianmisssdorian Posts: 12,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    Oh god I can't forget that day when Doug hugged Ste and he looked a bit too into it.

I remember how we were all getting ready to cringe over Ste being drunk and making a move.

I weep for that scenario.

I remember going to Tesco's just after that ep and thinking to myself 'oooh that's hilarious..Ste will never be interested lollolololololo'.. How wrong I was:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I remember going to Tesco's just after that ep and thinking to myself 'oooh that's hilarious..Ste will never be interested lollolololololo'.. How wrong I was:rolleyes:

God how awful it is.

And it's not ending any time soon. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No fooling around, please. :cry:

My heart can't take it.
    But they were kids, Tez! :D And then Pa Brady probably raped poor Alan after, so... :o Have some mercy on the guy!
    (oh and by the way, I don't find him attractive in the slightest. But I've only seen one pic of him, so...)
    Forum Member
    I remember before the episode, when we were all so sure Ste would like him, and Doug would have to turn him down gently.

:(
    Forum Member
    But they were kids, Tez! :D And then Pa Brady probably raped poor Alan after, so... :o Have some mercy on the guy!
    (oh and by the way, I don't find him attractive in the slightest. But I've only seen one pic of him, so...)

No.

No mercy.

I am not here for any more lovers of any kind. :p

ETA: I remember the tiny glimmer of hope we had that Ste would let Doug down gently, and help him come to terms with who he was.

BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Forum Member
    I was thinking he might be a victim of Pa too... :o Perhaps he and Brendan used to fool around and Pa caught them? :o

That sounds incredibly likely...
  • misssdorianmisssdorian Posts: 12,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God how awful it is.

And it's not ending any time soon. :cry:

:cry: It's worse then torture cos at least with torture you know you'll be dead soon..:cry:
    Forum Member
    ETA: I remember the tiny glimmer of hope we had that Ste would let Doug down gently, and help him come to terms with who he was.

BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED.

The minute I saw the hug, I knew they'd get together. :(
    Forum Member
    :cry: It's worse then torture cos at least with torture you know you'll be dead soon..:cry:

LOL

True. :o;)

It's like bloody Note. Except this could go on for bloody longer cos at least we knew with Noah that he wouldn't get a new contract. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.

No mercy.

I am not here for any more lovers of any kind. :p
    You'll be weeping over his tragic backstory with Pa in no time :rolleyes:
    That sounds incredibly likely...
    Mmmh, I know. And it's something that can be done in four eps or less.
    Forum Member
    You'll be weeping over his tragic backstory with Pa in no time :rolleyes:

I doubt it.

His face scares me. :(

Plus I never cared about Lynsey so I'm damned if I care about her brother nobody else cared to mention. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not finding Alan attractive either.

I think they have employed him, and his mad eyes, to replace my Walker, if only for a short time.

He hasn't even got silky boyband hair or an ugly jacket.

Don't try and buy me off like that HOs, I'm not that cheap.
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »
    I'm not finding Alan attractive either.

I think they have employed him, and his mad eyes, to replace my Walker, if only for a short time.

He hasn't even got silky boyband hair or an ugly jacket.

Don't try and buy me off like that HOs, I'm not that cheap.

He doesn't have nice shoulders, either. :(
    Forum Member
    I'm quite liking Alan from what I've seen through stalking him on google ;)

He had a beard in one picture :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mm. I do think he'll pave the path for Pa in some way or another, me. :o

And that'll be the reason they give to him never being mentioned before, he moves around a lot, haunted by the past, blah blah exposition blah. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just cuz you're obviously quite a lovely, close-knit thread and you all seemed to have moved on a bit from the Alan stuff this morning, so I didn't wanna just jump in and take the conversation back a few topics.

Ally, now that you've mentioned it, I think I also would prefer if Ruby was supposed to be Amy Farrah Fowler at a goth night... Not sure Ruby is cool enough for that idea though lol.
This discussion has been closed.