Options

Corrie continuity/costume

LeeBoy19LeeBoy19 Posts: 1,149
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They need to get there act together in continuity. Now maybe this is something only a gay boy might notice but I've noticed it a few times now. David Platt has the tendency to wear low riding jeans showing his boxer tops a common enough trend among boys. However if Corrie are going to have a character that does this they need to make sure his underwear is under continuity control. I've noticed it a couple of times before that his boxers change from scene to scene even though the rest of his outfit doesn't. Yesterday he was tussling over a christmas tree with Tyrone and was clearly wearing blue CK boxers. Cut to being at home and suddenly the boxers where pink sorry can't give you the brand but still wearing same T shirt and Jeans. Now either David has real problems in the incontinent department and needs to change his underwear very regularly or something is wrong with continuity. This is not the first time I have noticed it with this character, I do not know many people that change their boxers so often and not the rest of the outfit. The other way round maybe. Anyone else noticed.

Comments

• Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    LeeBoy19 wrote: »
    They need to get there act together in continuity. Now maybe this is something only a gay boy might notice but I've noticed it a few times now. David Platt has the tendency to wear low riding jeans showing his boxer tops a common enough trend among boys. However if Corrie are going to have a character that does this they need to make sure his underwear is under continuity control. I've noticed it a couple of times before that his boxers change from scene to scene even though the rest of his outfit doesn't. Yesterday he was tussling over a christmas tree with Tyrone and was clearly wearing blue CK boxers. Cut to being at home and suddenly the boxers where pink sorry can't give you the brand but still wearing same T shirt and Jeans. Now either David has real problems in the incontinent department and needs to change his underwear very regularly or something is wrong with continuity. This is not the first time I have noticed it with this character, I do not know many people that change their boxers so often and not the rest of the outfit. The other way round maybe. Anyone else noticed.
    Now I'm going to be looking for it! I've noticed on EE that Sharon's hair changes during an episode when she's been out and about. Sometimes the back will be straight then in the next scene it has a kink in it.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Lol!! It's a fair point Lee & gave me a larf but as a straight guy myself i might leave observing the finer points of David's underwear to you if you don't mind mate! ;);)
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha, good spot of incontinuity problems:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz McDonald's hair , last year, changed during an episode. In the early scenes it was professionally styled and later it would be volumised and combed out.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might notice Kylies knickers, but never Davids.:o
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Liz McDonald's hair , last year, changed during an episode. In the early scenes it was professionally styled and later it would be volumised and combed out.

I think her jacket changed during an episode if I recall correctly. She had two different white jackets during an episode where she had been out in one white jacket and when she returned home "without changing" her jacket was different.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we need some screenshots so we can properly investigate.
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell if I'm wrong - but don't each of the soaps employ a 'continuity' person to make sure every little detail is maintained? If so, what a laughable waste of money :D
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Maybe they were Kylies knickers! :D

Had a look but to lazy screen it.
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catmittens wrote: »
    Tell if I'm wrong - but don't each of the soaps employ a 'continuity' person to make sure every little detail is maintained? If so, what a laughable waste of money :D

The costume department are responsible for making sure the proper clothes are worn in each scene.

The continuity person is responsible for checking the script as each scene is taped. They need to ensure all elements of the script (all the actions and all the dialogue) are taped, and they markup the script as each scene is shot. As a backup, the continuity person might pickup errors in costume (or hair), but they are not actually the primary person responsible for doing so.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is the proof

BoxerGate :D
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    Here is the proof

BoxerGate :D

Ha ha ha! at BoxerGate :D:D

I never notice things like this but I shall be watching closer from now on.