Options

What leads do I need?

I have bought my mum a bush 26 inch LCD tv and she has a pvr and dvd attached via scarts. However I want to also attach her VHS video player to it but do not know which leads I need. In the Argos catalogue they have a S-Video lead but it says it doesn't carry sound.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you just need another scart lead.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question is: does the TV have three scart inputs? If not you may have use a pass through set-up using one of the source devices.

On the subject of S-video, yes it doesn't carry sound but there will always be associated phono connections for this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah - easiest to just plug the vcr into the spare scart socket on her pvr. this also means you can transfer recordings onto tape if you want to keep a copy of them them.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pale rider wrote: »
    I have bought my mum a bush 26 inch LCD tv and she has a pvr and dvd attached via scarts. However I want to also attach her VHS video player to it but do not know which leads I need. In the Argos catalogue they have a S-Video lead but it says it doesn't carry sound.

I would never have another Bush make TV again. 3 years ago had old Bush 21inch CRT tv in living room for over 6 years than the batteries started to over heat in the remote and had to use an all for one remote. Two months after that TV went a green screen and fuse in plug blow and TV never worked again.
    Work had same sort of problem with a old 4 year old 24inch CRT Bush tv a few months before mine.
    Bush lcd tvs maybe better but after what happened with the Bush CRT tv that I and work had has put me of Bush tvs.

Darren