What I think should be done to save X Factor.

noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok, firstly, get a whole new look for the show, in terms of sets, get rid of the audience in auditions, and go back to the audition room. Get a whole new logo, live show stage, everything.

Secondly, get rid of Dermot (he is/was a great host, but he has overstayed his welcome in my opinion) and replace him with 2 hosts, a comedian (Peter Kay? I think he would do a good job) and a normal presenter that could keep Peter in tack, Melanie Sykes to me would be good, she is a bit of eye candy, and from Lets do lunch, I think she would do a good job.

Thirdly, the judging panel, this is a big one.

Get shut of Louis Walsh, he also has overstayed his welcome by a long long while. Replace him with maybe Labrinth? I think Labrinth should be a judge, he has been on both sides, the producer and the performer.

Goodbye Tulisa, and bring in a kind of pop princess, maybe Pixie Lott, another tulisa but with credentials basically, who knows what she is talking about.

Goodbye Gary, it is obvious that Simon will not be back, so we need somebody who will be another Simon, I, at the moment so not know who, any ideas?

And, keep Nicole, she did a great job last series, so she can stay.

I think the categorys need to change, following suit from the USA version - Teens, Young Adults, Over 25s and groups. That to me will shake it up some more.

So, in conclusion, get a whole new look (including no audience at auditions, new logo, new judges desk, new stage), get rid of Dermot, replace with Peter Kay and Melanie Sykes. Get rid of Louis, Gary & Tulisa, replace with Labrinth, Pixie Lott and somebody else, Keep Nicole and change categorys.

That to me would just about do it, and maybe get back some viewers. Any other ideas?

Comments