MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Narcos
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    S1 was very good - especially the cinematography - but I got bored of S2. It would have worked better as shorter 10-12 episode seasons as it did feel very dragged out.

Still on season 1 myself, but so far so good, I like the fact it's not too "super hero" heavy and more of a crime drama (light), it's got a decent level of maturity, killing etc, so not aimed at kids. I also like to try and guess whose going to end up as the "named Dc characters"
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched T Rex...documentary about Claressa Shields, USA female boxer who competed at London 2012 at just 17. If you like sports documentaries you'll love this.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is better in my opinion. It is 1080p has far as I know and on my TV it looks far superior to Sky and Freeview HD.

I don't have Sky so can't comment on that but I agree with you that the HD on Netflix is better than the HD on Freeview. It just depends on what you are watching. Netflix is as good as the HD channels on BT TV and some of them are a little better than the Freeview HD channels. I will say though that wildlife documentaries look fine in HD on the BBC.
    70% of my TV viewing now tends to be HD.

Darren
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few notable films recently added to Netflix UK:

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2
    Lucy
    The Big short
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Designated person (?) ft Kiether Sutherland looks good - slight nod to 24 so if you like 24 this might be worth a watch. Terrorists, presidents, politics etc...

Not sure in the nhs / jack duckworth glasses though

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKzBCBMh0il/?taken-by=stvemulls
  • Options
    Thomas_ZynoberThomas_Zynober Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    You mean Designated Survivor.
    Haven´t seen it yet but it´s on my list;)
    I really liked Stranger Things, hope there will be a second season but i think it´s planed.
    I totaly agree with LostFool, the second Season of Gotham is a little bit to Long for me.
    I enjoyed the first Season with all this carachters who got introduced.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I really liked Stranger Things, hope there will be a second season but i think it´s planed.
    I totaly agree with LostFool, the second Season of Gotham is a little bit to Long for me.

Planned and confirmed now:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-season-2-renewed-netflix-1201840420/
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I currently have 3 shows on the go- Easy, Luke Cage and Crazy Ex Girlfriend as well as Once Upon A Time and Designated Survivor
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Has anyone started watching the new documentary about Amanda Knox? There is a lot of controversy surrounding it. Documentary receives mixed reviews
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member

Oh yes

Watched ep 2 which includes a 'dammit' and they mentioned torture! Hurrah!
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Has anyone started watching the new documentary about Amanda Knox? There is a lot of controversy surrounding it. Documentary receives mixed reviews

I watched it. Started a thread on it in US tv shows. Your link doesn't work by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »

Good to hear that is confirmed;)
    Don´t spoiler to much from Designated Survivor, still haven´t enough time to watch it.
    Fall is the best Season if you like watching series.
    Too much Shows i wanna watch right now not only on Netflix;)
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched two brilliant films this week, The Big Short and The Siege Of Jadotville.

Didn't really have any expectations for The Siege Of Jadotville but it was fantastic.
  • Options
    Nick-PNick-P Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Watched two brilliant films this week, The Big Short and The Siege Of Jadotville.

Didn't really have any expectations for The Siege Of Jadotville but it was fantastic.

I watched The Siege of Jadotville last night. Great film! Though, I was more amazed that I had never heard about it before considering it was based on a true story. Hopefully, Ireland and their forces will get a bit more recognition for their actions after this.

I've also started watching Designated Survivor, mainly just because I was a huge 24 fan (Kiefer Sutherland). Despite there often being slightly 'cheap' moments, I'm enjoying it and would recommend. I think it's far from being a top show but it's an intriguing storyline, and a very easy watch.
  • Options
    Kat 68Kat 68 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Need some recommendations for things to watch on Netflix please. I have recently enjoyed The Killing, Bloodline, Narcos, Breaking Bad. Also watched the documentaries Holy Hell, Who Took Johnny and the Amanda Knox one. Don't like sci-if or vampire stuff.

Anyone seen The Good Wife? Was thinking of giving that a go.

Thanks in advance.:)
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat 68 wrote: »
    Need some recommendations for things to watch on Netflix please. I have recently enjoyed The Killing, Bloodline, Narcos, Breaking Bad. Also watched the documentaries Holy Hell, Who Took Johnny and the Amanda Knox one. Don't like sci-if or vampire stuff.

How about Making a Murderer?
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As you seem to be into crime stuff, Dexter (but don't bother after season 4), Hannibal (more crime based than horror based, but don't watch if you're squeamish) and Making A Murderer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe you give the whole scandinavian crime series a chance.
    I haven´t seen one of them but always read good Reviews.
    Lillyhammer is an Netflix, maybe one could tell us his experience with that Show.
    I´m not so convinced from that scandinavian Shows.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have just started watching The Good Wife, its EXCELLENT, another favorite of mine. I am on episode 14 now Series 1. I was hooked from the beginning. Brilliant acting all round and great story lines. Go for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    As you seem to be into crime stuff, Dexter (but don't bother after season 4), Hannibal (more crime based than horror based, but don't watch if you're squeamish) and Making A Murderer.

Thank you, was thinking of giving Dexter a watch so will definitely put that on my list. Hadn't thought of Hannibal, I'm not squeamish in the slightest so shall try that also. Have seen Making A Murderer already - can't get that one out of my head, had me shouting at the TV in disbelief!

Thanks for the suggestions.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    I have just started watching The Good Wife, its EXCELLENT, another favorite of mine. I am on episode 14 now Series 1. I was hooked from the beginning. Brilliant acting all round and great story lines. Go for it.

Thank you, I shall start watching it this weekend. Had heard it was good and I like something I can get into straight away.:)
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I shall start watching it this weekend. Had heard it was good and I like something I can get into straight away.:)

Yeh it does that, and every episode is good so far.

Actually I didnt like Dexter lol....thought it was a bit OTT.

Another good one know one talks about much is Skinwalkers: The Navajo Mysteries. Its basically 3 films, detective native american, kind of grisly in bits lol but great viewing.
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Started watching Glitch,it is a really very good.Australian series. Give it a look if you like a spooky thriller :)
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, was thinking of giving Dexter a watch so will definitely put that on my list. Hadn't thought of Hannibal, I'm not squeamish in the slightest so shall try that also. Have seen Making A Murderer already - can't get that one out of my head, had me shouting at the TV in disbelief!

Thanks for the suggestions.:)

I agree with LucyDTrym that Dexter is a bit OTT but I do think the first four seasons are enjoyable. I dragged myself through the last few seasons. It's a very hit-and-miss show but there are some genuinely thrilling arcs.

Another one in that sort of genre is How To Get Away With Murder. I'm eagerly anticipating the second season to come on Netflix. The first is excellent.

More as a general recommendation to everyone: I watched The Get Down recently and I loved it. I feel it got a bit overlooked as it came out at the same time as Stranger Things. Just a really great series with excellent production values, some brilliant performances from its young cast (particularly from the main character, Ezekial and, bizarely, Jaden Smith) and a kick-ass soundtrack.