BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 42)

Comments

• Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    I think they would look just as in pictured link, with the egg being trapped within the flaky pastry it should be interesting, and a rather sweet sticky munch.

We shall see :D
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Littsis wrote: »
    I don't do twitter and blogs. I am a member on facebook, but don 't go there at all regularly. If the report is on those places then it is not of the length and quality of what those of us interested used to enjoy, so I am happy to withdraw my support for Barracute's suggestion.

He will be asking her at the end of the Summer? And he has told you now? Mmmm?

Not sure what you mean??? We were talking about weddings in general and the planning thereof - he was signalling his intentions I thought.
    Above and beyond the call of duty, you did well :D

:cool:
    Hicky....has anyone ever hit you? I don't mean in sexual fun play but a real punch.......

Bella you are the limit!! I almost had an Elfy moment there with liquid in the keyboard:D
    Littsis wrote: »

I am not skipping the shop, I want the money and I do not want to be mother 5 weekdays. It is perfectly acceptable to leave a dog who does not have such issues alone for 4 and a half hours one day a week.
    I shall certainly not be using a rope for him, or indeed any sort of a lead for out in the courtyard for half an hour let alone 4 or more!:mad:
    Nor will he be sleeping outside in the kennel, I have said I will not even have him sleeping in the kitchen, it is potentially too cold and draughty. The utility room is different, it has a lovely new soft Belgian bokhara rug and will have his crushed raspberry coloured brushed faux suede with internal spotty cotton and a warm woolly dark beige cushion there for him.
    The kennel will be so that he, like his adoptive brother, father, and I, will have a room of his own to use, if he so chooses as and when he chooses to be alone when any of the rest of us are at home, just like the rest of us.
    Despite OH's concerns, there is no question in his mind of ever giving up any of his endeavours or pub visits in order to meet his children's or dog's needs, let alone mine. I shall never forget his face when I was taken aback when Rhys was 7 and OH was not getting in the car to go to R's birthday party. "Why would I want to go to a child's party?"

Tuts at the memory:D:D

Yoshi's living arrangments sound first class. We leave Millie for up to 5 even 6 hours at a time if necessary, although not every day - never been a problem. When she was a puppy and liable to chew or pee, she was in a large crate in the kitchen and we wouldn't have left her for that long. She often comes with me when I have meetings or home visits - she stays in the car then we go somewhere nice on the way home. Wouldn't do that in hot weather, obviously.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    We shall see :D
    The croissant's in the picture looked like normal ones, they didn't look as though they had had a choc egg inside.:confused:

The recipe, as such, didn't say how tight to wrap the egg in the pastry, the eggs are only small.
    I've put 4 eggs in the freezer, took the foil off in case it was hard to get off later.

It hasn't stopped raining were, think the South and East need some rain, we are ok here.
    Forecast says rain till Friday, then is says it doesn't know what it's doing.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The croissant's in the picture looked like normal ones, they didn't look as though they had had a choc egg inside.:confused:

The recipe, as such, didn't say how tight to wrap the egg in the pastry, the eggs are only small.
    I've put 4 eggs in the freezer, took the foil off in case it was hard to get off later.

It hasn't stopped raining were, think the South and East need some rain, we are ok here.
    Forecast says rain till Friday, then is says it doesn't know what it's doing.:D

They have been a bit cheeky with the photos, and as you say unlikely the egg is inside, which makes you think it could turn out to be a bit of a disaster otherwise why didnt they show the finished result :D
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    aww I like an occasional cigarette Hicky :o...its the only vice ive got left :( Well the only one im admitting to on here :p. Have you used them ?, you used to smoke.

If you only smoke occasionally I wouldn't bother - I'm using the e-cigarettes because I serriously need to cut down/stop and they're OK. Not the same as a cigarette but they're the best alternative there is - gum and patches give me palpitations and make me feel sick, the e-cig doesn't.
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning chaps..I appear to have poisoned my mother,woohoo go me:D
    She's a little under the weather and blames my cooking of some prawns on saturday evening, apparently she's claims she now allergic to them, a fact she conveniently forgot when she ate the damn things...I suspect that it's more to do with sitting in the sun all day without a hat and with only factor 10 on ('cos her lurgy took almost 24 hours to manifest, co-incidentally shortly after spending all day in the sun, despite repeatedly being asked not to)....but, hey ho, what do I know. suffice to say we ain't going anywhere today, or probably tomorrow either. :(
    I have therefore reinstated my thai/kickboxing lessons as I will need something to stop me from going nuts...
    see y'all laterer

Littsis, Yoshi sounds fabby, we crate trained our dog and she was no bother in the mornings, or being left for short periods of time...(having said that, mum has undone all of that now!) and for info purposes my mother is 70 this year, although she denies it vehemently...

Oh dear, not turning out be a happy visit for you or her:rolleyes: My mother was also very stubborn, particularly about her health, doctors etc and apparently, I'm similar (so my children would have it!) I do always make an effort though not to compare mine with each other - especially when talking to them!

Maybe she's like the woman in my favourite poem 'When I am Old I shall Wear Purple':cool:
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was just getting his eye in, he will have another go later :D
    Oh I have no doubt he will. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Heehee :D
    Timo is in disgrace this morning - he decided it would be really funny to scatter his cat litter over as large an area as was possible, & then to walk into the sitting-room leaving a trail of sawdust pawprints all over the carpet. :rolleyes:

It's turned to smirry rain here now. :rolleyes:

Morning Hicky :)

We don't have cat litter any more, she uses the cat flap or the windows, but when we did, Mabel thought it was a play area!

I think we may have smirry rain here this afternoon - or does it fall only north of the border??? I shall call it 'smirry' because I like the word.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon guys, hope everyone had/is having a lovely Easter. Weather very disappointing here, same for last few days.

My daughter (the one who's getting married in August, not sure whether I've mentioned it:p) left yesterday, I took them to catch the Heathrow coach about 5pm. I took them to the drop off car park at the airport - you have to take a ticket on the way in, pay at the machine, then put ticket into the slot at the exit barrier.

I'm not sure whether I forgot that you have to go to the machine before you go to the exit barrier, whether I just didn't know, or whether I have senile dementia, but I arrived at the barrier with an unpaid ticket. Just the kind of thing that drives me demented in car parks when other people do it:rolleyes: There was a car immediately behind me but I signalled that I needed to reverse and he kindly moved back and didn't swear at me - nice man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    We don't have cat litter any more, she uses the cat flap or the windows, but when we did, Mabel thought it was a play area!

I think we may have smirry rain here this afternoon - or does it fall only north of the border??? I shall call it 'smirry' because I like the word.
    :eek::eek:
    She poos on the windows and or the cat flap! Norty puss. :p:D

They come running in from the garden to use the litter tray. :rolleyes: Timo loves nothing better than a fresh litter tray & kicks the wood pellets everywhere. Drives me nuts!

Smirry rain only falls in Scotland, but you can 'borrow' the word. :D It's been like that here for most of the day.
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Niiiiiice! I'm sure you weren't pleased!

Timo just barfed over the charger on my laptop & then ran into the kitchen & had another barf just missing my boots. :eek: I'm quite sure he was aiming for them! :mad:

One of our cats chucked up over the specially clean table were Mr G had been mounting prints for his exhibition. He wasn’t very happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    One of our cats chucked up over the specially clean table were Mr G had been mounting prints for his exhibition. He wasn’t very happy.
    I swear they do it deliberately.......just because they can! I'm quite sure he wasn't pleased! :D
    Forum Member

Google puts the def as Drizzle, much prefer that.
    They have a strange language up in the hills.:D

The rain from Spain has moved over to the Wirral to give us the usual April showers.
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon everybody, how are we all? :)

Timo just barfed over the charger on my laptop & then ran into the kitchen & had another barf just missing my boots. :eek: I'm quite sure he was aiming for them! :mad:
    *chants* DO IT DO IT!

Spidey once managed to flick a whole turd across the room and it landed on the couch. He was very amused.
    I was not. :D

I am both horrified and amused by both these incidents :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She poos on the windows and or the cat flap! Norty puss. :p:D

They come running in from the garden to use the litter tray. :rolleyes: Timo loves nothing better than a fresh litter tray & kicks the wood pellets everywhere. Drives me nuts!

Smirry rain only falls in Scotland, but you can 'borrow' the word. :D It's been like that here for most of the day.

Elmo has started going outside to do his stuff. The cats like having their own trays and don’t tend to share.

We use wood pellets, too, the kennel got us on to them and the keeper often gives us a couple of bags when we pick the cats up.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have a strange language up in the hills.:D

I can see the pointy stick, & kippers coming your way ..Hicky ?

Afternoon All :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swear they do it deliberately.......just because they can! I'm quite sure he wasn't pleased! :D

The present cats are very good compared to some we’ve had.

One of our early cats would go and crap on our bed in response to almost anything that displeased her.
    Forum Member
    Elmo has started going outside to do his stuff. The cats like having their own trays and don’t tend to share.

We use wood pellets, too, the kennel got us on to them and the keeper often gives us a couple of bags when we pick the cats up.
    What gun do they fit, i've got a BB gun, it uses little round yellow balls.Similar but i suppose the wooden ones are more Eco friendly as they compost better.:D

That's another thing, the method used to control others, it's a wonder they can get fish being so high up, unless of course they are flying fish, and they hang them in the pub to smoke,:D

One of our early cats would go and crap on our bed in response to almost anything that displeased her.
    They are really tiresome until they learn to speak.:D

Don't you just love them,:D
    Forum Member

Good Afternoon The_Sleeper.:)

I am so rude, forgot to welcome you, was so engrossed in all these well behaved animals.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How many cats do you have, what are they called? :)

When i had Sophie, she would often eat so quick that it'd immediately come back up. I spent years on end cleaning cat barf. She was also hell bent on thoroughly cleaning up after herself when she'd been to the litter tray, no matter where we put it everything around ended up completely scratched. She was a hilariously eccentric little cat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What gun do they fit, i've got a BB gun, it uses little round yellow balls.Similar but i suppose the wooden ones are more Eco friendly as they compost better.:D

That's another thing, the method used to control others, it's a wonder they can get fish being so high up, unless of course they are flying fish, and they hang them in the pub to smoke,:D

They are really tiresome until they learn to speak.:D

Don't you just love them,:D

She was the only one out of dozens of cats we have owned that has done that. :confused:

She was a very small cat and so had probably been ignored when she was in her litter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    How many cats do you have, what are they called? :)

When i had Sophie, she would often eat so quick that it'd immediately come back up. I spent years on end cleaning cat barf. She was also hell bent on thoroughly cleaning up after herself when she'd been to the litter tray, no matter where we put it everything around ended up completely scratched. She was a hilariously eccentric little cat.

I have three cats. Two Maine Coons, Jasper and Electra, and a Birman, Elmo.

Elmo sitting at the end of a rainbow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a fantastic picture :) - he is beautiful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I have no doubt he will. :rolleyes:

I trust you have now put the boots right away just in case :D
    Afternoon guys, hope everyone had/is having a lovely Easter. Weather very disappointing here, same for last few days.

My daughter (the one who's getting married in August, not sure whether I've mentioned it:p) left yesterday, I took them to catch the Heathrow coach about 5pm. I took them to the drop off car park at the airport - you have to take a ticket on the way in, pay at the machine, then put ticket into the slot at the exit barrier.

I'm not sure whether I forgot that you have to go to the machine before you go to the exit barrier, whether I just didn't know, or whether I have senile dementia, but I arrived at the barrier with an unpaid ticket. Just the kind of thing that drives me demented in car parks when other people do it:rolleyes: There was a car immediately behind me but I signalled that I needed to reverse and he kindly moved back and didn't swear at me - nice man.

Afternoon JoJo :D

That was nice of him.
    TheElf wrote: »
    Good afternoon everybody, how are we all? :)

I am both horrified and amused by both these incidents :D.

Afternoon Elfy :D

I am good thanks, hope you havent had occasion to suck your laptop again today :eek::D

Afternoon Sleeps :D

Gorgeous pic and gorgeous cat :)
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon all, enjoying reading all about the various cat troubles, and love that pic of Elmo Gemo
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning everyone.:)

Is it a full or half day in the shop? I thought full because a half would not create a problem.
    When you say your partner is "going out sketching" it sounds like the sort of thing that might take a while, and would be awkward to fit into a tight time frame. Also
    you regularly mention how he wont put others (Yoshi's?) needs before his own so perhaps you should consider the possibility that he might not come back in four and a half hours.
    I maintain that although it it is fine to leave a well loved family pet for a few hours, a new rescue dog is more likely to become distressed and i have no idea how you can be sure that he "does not have such issues" after having him for two days and not leaving him yet. :confused:
    Short sessions to start with will reassure him that you will return, and he will very soon be happy alone for short periods.:)
    I can never be sure that OH will return in any time frame. He has been known to go out at 11am and return at 2am.
    I work in the shop from 11 til 4. Rhys gets home at 3.30. so Yoshi will be on his own for 4 and a half hours on Tuesdays. The first time that will happen is tomorrow week. By that time, Yoshi will still have issues dealing with strangers and children. I do not believe he will get distressed being on his own in the house, and there is nothing here that matters about being damaged. He isn't really a rescue dog, he is a dog no longer wanted by a couple with a baby. If I left him on his own tomorrow for half an hour, I still would not know what he would be like for 4 hours. Today I have left him in the car for 7 minutes while I was in Pets at Home. And then for 15 minutes while in the Co-op. He was very well behaved, moved himself to the driver seat on both occasions and was very calm when I left the car and equally calm when I returned. I know because I know. I am not a risk taker, but am a risk assessor.
    Maybe she's like the woman in my favourite poem 'When I am Old I shall Wear Purple':cool:
    I prefer to think that poem belongs to women of 50 plus. that doesn't mean to say they are old as such, just old rather than young. I was 50 plus when I began thinking it doesn't matter much any more how I behave in public. Altho' I must admit when i spat in the street I made sure no-one was around. I felt better for doing it, but i have not had the urge again, it wasn't very satisfying..
    Not sure what you mean??? We were talking about weddings in general and the planning thereof - he was signalling his intentions I thought.
    Bella you are the limit!! I almost had an Elfy moment there with liquid in the keyboard:D
    Ah, that sounds different. The way you expressed it before seemed to me as though he had made his mind up to marry her, yet was seeking your approval long before he was seeking hers. Instead, what it seems like is that he is thinking of asking her and was sharing the thought with you that if it carries on the way it is going he has in mind to ask her at the end of Summer.

But even so, is it that he is thinking about it silently and will suddenly spring it on her. If he has been thinking about it for several months, what if she hasn't. Will she be expected to say yes or no straightaway? How do these things work these days. Should she expect to wait to be asked?
This discussion has been closed.