Options

BT Sport on Firestick

singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it possible to get BT Sport App on Amazon firestick?

Comments

• Options
    Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly not. BT Sport is only really available on BT TV (Youview) receivers, Sky and Virgin and as an app on mobile devices. If you don't have one of the above three pay TV services the only real way to watch BT Sport on a TV is with a Chromecast from a mobile device.

A BT broadband (not BT Mobile) account is required for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Smith wrote: »
    Sadly not. BT Sport is only really available on BT TV (Youview) receivers, Sky and Virgin and as an app on mobile devices. If you don't have one of the above three pay TV services the only real way to watch BT Sport on a TV is with a Chromecast from a mobile device.

A BT broadband (not BT Mobile) account is required for this.

I have subscribed to BT via Sky but would like to watch the extra match in HD. So I can't view using the firestick.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes you can sideload the bt sport app to the fire stick, download the bt sport app from google play to your phone and install it then download agk fire from google play to your phone and install it, then to set it up you just enter your fire sticks ip into the relevant box although it normally finds it by itself if both are on the same wifi network, then you use agkfire to send the app to your fire stick, it will install it automatically.
    Make sure you allow 3rd party apps on your firetv. settings- developer options - ABD debugging on and apps from unknown on.
    Then you're good to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you login? I am using the remote but it doesn't allow me to enter email and password.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    singhss1 wrote: »
    How can you login? I am using the remote but it doesn't allow me to enter email and password.

You need a wireless or bluetooth keyboard and mouse or you can download remote mouse to your phone and use that http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remote-Mouse-for-Fire-TV/dp/B00S4MU62I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442325504&sr=8-1&keywords=remote+mouse+for+fire+tv

I personally use a cheap wireless acer keyboard and mouse just plug the dongle into usb port on firetv box but i don't know if the stick has a usb port?
  • Options
    GregTheBrainGregTheBrain Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    You need a wireless or bluetooth keyboard and mouse or you can download remote mouse to your phone and use that http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remote-Mouse-for-Fire-TV/dp/B00S4MU62I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442325504&sr=8-1&keywords=remote+mouse+for+fire+tv

I managed to install the App on my Firestick, but I'm stuck at the login screen. I also bought / installed the 'Remote Mouse for Fire TV' and in general it is working, but unfortunately not on the login screen.
    Any ideas / suggestions?
  • Options
    St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed to install the App on my Firestick, but I'm stuck at the login screen. I also bought / installed the 'Remote Mouse for Fire TV' and in general it is working, but unfortunately not on the login screen.
    Any ideas / suggestions?

The app I used was Mouse Toggle for Fire TV, I tried a couple of the free apps which didn't work and ended up paying £1:29 I think for this app which works like a charm.

I would caution though that while the BT Sport app works reasonably well on the Firestick it is decidedly SD.
    If you have a Windows 10 PC you can connect to your TV the BT Sports Windows app provides one of the best sports streams I've seen.

EDIT:
    I should add you need an Android phone to load this app onto the Firestick, or at least you did when I purchased it.
  • Options
    jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St@mmie wrote: »

EDIT:
    I should add you need an Android phone to load this app onto the Firestick, or at least you did when I purchased it.

You can also use adbLink to sideload apps onto the fire stick http://jocala.com/