Janelle

SexSex Posts: 44,161
Forum Member
Does anyone know why everyone loves janelle so much?
I cannot get my head around it :confused:

I'm new to bb usa I've just finished 3,6

I gave 7 ago but mike , janelle and will are annoying me so much, I cannot watch it.

Comments

• The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    She wasn't a member of 'The Friendship' alliance.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I can see why people like her, I like her too, but I think she is a bit overrated. (I don't like the word overrated though because it just feels like you're being a spoilsport about other people's opinions lol) But sometimes she's talked about like the greatest to ever play the game.
    While I think she has some great qualities (comp beast, likeability, determination) she also plays way too personally, lacks a bit of strategy and has kind of crappy taste in men (Michael? yikes!!)

I wasn't that enamoured with her during series 6, I rooted for her at various points but then rooted against her other times. It was a fabulous season but I wasn't really on either side. The nerd herd were a cringeworthy bunch but the others were just desperate wannabes who believed their own hype.
    Janelle's "Bye bitches" when she won HOH is seen as a fantastic moment, but I thought it was just childishly rude. She really stuffed up that week, playing way too emotionally in getting Jennifer out. One thing I don't remember, why on earth did Janelle win veto and change her own nominations? I seriously can't remember the reason? Especially since she took off Maggie (who she loathed) and put up Ivette (who she respected later on).
  • freddieaxlfreddieaxl Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janelle's "Bye bitches" when she won HOH is seen as a fantastic moment, but I thought it was just childishly rude. She really stuffed up that week, playing way too emotionally in getting Jennifer out. One thing I don't remember, why on earth did Janelle win veto and change her own nominations? I seriously can't remember the reason? Especially since she took off Maggie (who she loathed) and put up Ivette (who she respected later on).

I thought "Bye Bye Bitches!" was amazing, they were horrible on the feeds so it was funny.

And she nominated Ivette so the Friendship would panic and plot against each other because it was pretty clear Maggie would stay over Jennifer.

I like Janelle because I kind of automatically root for strong women? She's definitely lively, she's fun and she's just a good, strong female player. I do think Maggie deserved BB6 win though, she played a good (albiet boring) game. Janelle was entertaining and she's just fun and it's impressive but simultaneously devastating she made it to third place twice.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    If that was Janelle's intention then I'd have probably taken off Jennifer and put up April against Maggie, because it was still so obvious that Jennifer would go. That could have really caused some bitterness. But Janelle was wanting to get revenge on Jennifer most of all.
    I guess it shows how great Maggie's game was if she had her enemies taking her off the block because she'd never get voted out.

I think where I lost a bit of respect for Janelle, despite having the reputation of being the ultimate gamer, was that I feel like her jury vote was the one most decided by bitterness. All that gushing about Ivette at the end seemed very insincere and I suspected the main motivation for it was not wanting Maggie to win. Maybe I'm wrong.

Agree on Maggie. I think there were two moments where she shone above everyone else. The week Howie won HOH and she managed to convince him to put up two from his alliance and not from her's.
    Then the other was Rachel's goodbye message. I think Rachel was my favourite that season, I found her just so smart and likeable amongst all the fighting. Maggie really used her goodbye messages to her advantage, showing a mature side. While someone like Ivette gave Rachel (of all people) a very rude and mouthy goodbye message.
    I was glad that Rachel's vote basically cost Ivette the win. Everyone else's vote seemed fairly predictable for the most part but Ivette totally blew her's with Rachel.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    Janelle is the QUEEN of Big Brother. She is rightly one of the most popular houseguests to ever play.
  • freddieaxlfreddieaxl Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then the other was Rachel's goodbye message. I think Rachel was my favourite that season, I found her just so smart and likeable amongst all the fighting. Maggie really used her goodbye messages to her advantage, showing a mature side. While someone like Ivette gave Rachel (of all people) a very rude and mouthy goodbye message.
    I was glad that Rachel's vote basically cost Ivette the win. Everyone else's vote seemed fairly predictable for the most part but Ivette totally blew her's with Rachel.

I LOVED Rachel! Totally underrated. The moment when Howie was blowing up at the house after Janelle won HoH and she shut him up was good gameplay imo.

I agree. Maggie played totally under-the-radar and Ivette played loud and more noticeable, I feel if she hadn't been so rude to Rachel, Ivette could've won. People really should think more about jury management.
  • scotslassiescotslassie Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a very good player of Big Brother.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved her on 6 but on 7 she was a bad gameplayer. She let chill town run her as did Erika which led to their demise. She abandoned her main ally Marcellas to jump in with Chill Town and then even nominated him. Erika did the same with Danielle. All Stars was literally the Chill Town show partially thanks to Janelle. When she and Erika finally woke up it was too late.

On 14 production was in love with Frank, Boogie and Dan so she had no hope.
  • molly nogginmolly noggin Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Janelle is the QUEEN of Big Brother. She is rightly one of the most popular houseguests to ever play.
    But why do you think so?
    She's a very good player of Big Brother.
    She was dreadful in BB14.

I liked Janelle because I like women who are 'comp beasts'; she also has a weirdly endearing personality. But, as others have said, she is too often ruled by her heart and she can be effing rude. I was appalled, in season 6, when, without any provocation, she casually called one of the other girls 'a bitch' to her face and the way she played BB14 totally changed my mind about her ranking as a player.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given how pious the Nerd Herd were her casually using bitch to them didn't bother me, the only time I felt bad for the Nerd Herd was when Howie was attacking April's husband and dog, Howie was always a moronic jackass and April was probably the one member of the Nerd Herd I felt would flip the easiest, so I didn't mind her.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I loved Janelle because she was likeable funny and entertaining while being a comp beast.