iPhone OS 3.0 UK Release time ?

167891012»

Comments

• asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Just downloaded the update and told me to disconnect my phone coz it had finished and for whatever reason it has not updated so now need to download again. Argh stupid Apple and a complete waste of 3 stinking hours.
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    I've just jailbroken also.. welcome new friend "installd" :D
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone managed to backup their phone yet since the update? Everytime I plug it in it takes forever just to get to halfway. I have to cancel it just to sync my phone before Christmas!
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to backup their phone yet since the update? Everytime I plug it in it takes forever just to get to halfway. I have to cancel it just to sync my phone before Christmas!

Yeah mine backups up without any issues.
  • simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    The first backup I did after the update took quite a long time, but subsequent ones are nice and speedy.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lininjim wrote: »
    Just Jailbroken mine, welcome back Cydia my old friend :)

If you're not bothered about carrier unlocking, how worthwhile is Jailbreaking? What sort of stuff can you get via Cydia that you can't get on the App Store?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D, yes mate, there's tons of stuff there, mostly customisation, themes etc.
    I do recommend SBSettings (an app that is launched by sliding across the top of the screen), this gives you a quick access to turn off and on Bluetooth, WiFi etc and more). Also A Better Tap to Unlock, this replaces the swipe to unlock with Tap to unlock, I've also changed my carrier logo to one that looks much more like O2 logo. For a laugh check out the Winterboard sound theme Portal Sounds Only.
    Just remember that the cake is a lie ;)

I also have a battery % displayed (a function that is native to the 3GS btw) and date and time on the top row too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers. Hmm. I'll have a think about it.

Is it easy to revert back to normal?
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    Just found out we can sync calendars for free now (without paying mobile me).

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

Follow that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pericom wrote: »
    Just found out we can sync calendars for free now (without paying mobile me).

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

Follow that.

That's not new ;)

Still good to remind people though :)

I've been using Google Sync for contacts & calendar for a while now. Hopefully Google will sort out OTA sync for email soon...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I sync my calendar and contacts using Google, it's really good.
    To remove the jaibreak simply restore from iTunes and it will put the official f/w back on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    anyone else stuck on waiting to reboot part of jailbreaking?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why OH Why OH why OH why!!!

My Beatles albums aren't synced?!

It just removed 9 out of my 10 beatles albums on the last sync?!

Randomly. Now I have ONE Beatles albums stored under the artist "The Beatles" in both "B" and "T".

In iTunes - when i click the iPhone it shows all my albums as being sync'd and I can see them . . . .but on the phone they're not there.

I mean seriously - do Apple Beta test at all?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ultrasn0w is out now too for anyone who needs it.
    It worked for me, tested with a PAYG VF sim. Takes time to pick up the service so if you have done yours don't panic. When it picks it up it's fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Fine My iPhone" in action...

http://happywaffle.livejournal.com/5890.html