Options

iphone 4 the one plan three mobile

summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
Forum Member
✭✭✭
just signed up for a deal with three mobile on the one plan has anyone else? never used a iphone before so going to be nervous always had nokia.

Also the one plan deal 2000 mins and free internet sounds to good to be true to me, i had to pay £69 cost for the phone. then £35 a month.

haven't it on monday.

Comments

• Options
    summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry meant i'm going to have it on monday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be signing up for The One Plan when my new debit card arrives (bloody Royal Mail!) likely next week some time and getting the Samsung Galaxy S2.

Sounds great, 5000 texts, 2000 mins and unlimited internet.

:D

Can't wait. Have been on Three PAYG many times in the past, people will tell you to avoid them because you can't get a signal - but I've never had any problems and live in a pretty remote area.
  • Options
    pmalexanderpmalexander Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I moved from O2 to Three about 2 months on a quidco offer. Cost 10 quid a month for 300 mins, 2000 texts and 1gb data. And I get about 55 quid cash back. So all in all my monthly subscription will cost 5.41 quid a month. All I will say is I travel around the south east of england and will say their 3g signalled areas are excellent. Their voice area coverage is not as good as O2, but if I ever have needed to make or receive a call its always worked. I have a SE c905.
  • Options
    spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got a iphone 4 as an upgrade free last year, on a £35 tariff before the one plan came out, when the one plan did come out i phoned and asked to be put on to the one plan, which they did but said because i had the phone for free it would cost me £37 per month, which i was fine with, as my previous tariff hardly gave me anything( uld txts, 500 minutes, 1gb internet) compared to the one plan, anyeway that was 6 months ago and ever since my bill has always been under £25:D, so they have messed up somewhere as i am definetly on the one plan, just waiting for them to realise and sting me with a massive bill:rolleyes:
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the package I'm on - I love it!
    All you can eat data is great! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, I am very tempted by this deal. It's certainly the best on the market at the moment.

But, by the time the contract has ended the iPhone 4 will have been released over 3 years ago.

That kinda puts me off a bit - do you think it's worth hanging on and see what deals come out for the iPhone 4s/5?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    This is what i am thinking. The plan sounds great!

But for a 24month contract, its a really long time.

I am wanting to switch, been with o2 for years. Got 82pound credit once too :D

The iphone is very tempting though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kexy wrote: »
    See, I am very tempted by this deal. It's certainly the best on the market at the moment.

But, by the time the contract has ended the iPhone 4 will have been released over 3 years ago.

That kinda puts me off a bit - do you think it's worth hanging on and see what deals come out for the iPhone 4s/5?

I'd just get the iPhone 4 now, the iPhone 5 might not be out till september and even then might not get to Three for another few months.

You could always sell the iPhone 4 and buy the iPhone 5 if you really wanted to.
  • Options
    some geezersome geezer Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    AJXX wrote: »
    I'd just get the iPhone 4 now, the iPhone 5 might not be out till september and even then might not get to Three for another few months.

You could always sell the iPhone 4 and buy the iPhone 5 if you really wanted to.

September is only 6 weeks away...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on the one plan £25
    I find it's great as much data as I need
    Evenings slows down
    Then I need wifi
  • Options
    tigermadtigermad Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eddgreen wrote: »
    I'm on the one plan £25
    I find it's great as much data as I need
    Evenings slows down
    Then I need wifi

I just got a PAYG 3 sim for my iphone. I also find evenings slow down too :( Are they throttling it? I thought the network would be less busy outside normal working hours.
  • Options
    __melissa__melissa Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    What is the network coverage like on the 3 netowrk. I'm umming and ahhing over the iphone 4 deal on 3, because it seems that with them you get the most for your money and the inital cost of the phone is cheaper than any other network, but I've heard lots of horror stories about people not being able to pick up signal. I checked the coverage for my area on their website, and it seems fine but I'm still not 100% convinced. I used to have 3 mobile internet (about 2 years ago) and couldn't get a very strong signal in my flat. I don't know if it's different for the mobile phones, or if they've increased coverage in that time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I have seen numerous times with 3, given that I work for another network, is customers who had a perfect signal at home, then overnight it vanished. 3 have always let them out of contracts where this has happened though. It's one of those things, if their signal works for you, fantastic. If not, its a complete no go. Best try a pay as you go SIM first.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    You can say that again. I used to have an HDSPA dongle which a year later (half way into my contract) suddenly degraded to the point that I had to hang it out of the window of my apartment and say a short prayer to the god of mobile internet. Now it seems to have burst back into life....of sorts. Browsing on my Galaxy Tab is more than adequate now.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking of going for this deal as well, but not so sure about the iPhone and being in a contract for 24 months.
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking of going for this deal as well, but not so sure about the iPhone and being in a contract for 24 months.

Quidco are currently doing £150 cashback on the iPhone 4 on the One Plan with 3. Ends 24th July.

Maybe that will convince you :)