• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    If he chooses
    Chelsea he's there for the paycheck
    Man City he's there for potential glory
    United he's there to be a worldclass player

If he goes to Chelsea it's to play for the European Champions.
    If he goes to City it's to play for the League Champions.
    If he goes to Utd it's to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Not exactly an easy decision, and i'm pretty sure we are ALL offering the same wages.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to mention that if he chooses us, he gets to be managed by the best manager (in terms of trophies won), in the history of football.
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he chooses

Rubbish, he could be a world class player at Chelsea or Man city too, and I would suspect that Man City are offering the highest wages. Chelsea are also not going to go away, they will be title contenders again in the future. Although i get the history argument for Man utd.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Is it a certainly United will sign ANYONE this summer?
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he chooses

Strange, there was I thinking Chelsea just won two trophies last season including the biggest of the lot :p

You missed an important part out - London.

That said, who knows where he is going but thank god its not going to last all Summer.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Strange, there was I thinking Chelsea just won two trophies last season including the biggest of the lot :p

You missed an important part out - London.

That said, who knows where he is going but thank god its not going to last all Summer.

Agreed, the London aspect is the biggest one.

I'm willing to bet that we have lost out on a few signings because of the 'London Effect'.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Yak has already said he's offski.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18218972 Wow he's only 29 :eek: I thought he was about 34 :eek:

He obviously had an uphill paper round when he was a nipper.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    ****ing Chelsea and that flukie ass CL victory :rolleyes:

Funny how he talked about wanting stability and assurances about position etc then goes and joins the most unstable, fickle club in the country who don't even have a manager.

Them Russian rubles sure are reassuring.

Meanwhile with any luck we can watch his pain when he realises he's joined the equivalent of the Madrid circus Blighty style.

Then Karma bites his ass when he realises that he would have been better holed up in leafy Cheshire rather than rubbing shoulders with TOWIE, cockney wideboys, pearly kings and queens and Noel and Liam Gallagher.:D
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Agreed, the London aspect is the biggest one.

I'm willing to bet that we have lost out on a few signings because of the 'London Effect'.

Weird because I don't see us missing out on too many players to Arsenal or Spurs, seems the London effect only kicks in when obscene amounts of money are on the table.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    Weird because I don't see us missing out on too many players to Arsenal or Spurs, seems the London effect only kicks in when obscene amounts of money are on the table.

Funny that isn't it? ;)
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    The London effect AKA. Roman Abramovich!
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    So the week leading up to the final game for Lille, Hazard was going to City, last week he was coming to United and now this week it's Chelsea. Hmm, does anyone really know? As I said before yes I want this player more than anyone else this summer, but till he signs for a club, we've got as much chance as anyone else.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    The last couple of months just haven't been Adem Ljajic's have they?

First off we saw him punched by his coach for what was seen as petulance by him for applauding the coach on subsituting him. I know the coach was sacked, he remained at the club, but wasn't he under investigation, and I've heard nothing more since.

However on the Sportsday breaking news feed on the BBC, it now seems he's been dropped from the Serbian squad for not singing the national anthem before the start of a friendly on Saturday. Did he break a mirror as a teenager, first we pull out of a deal, then the coach and now this.......

From what I've seen of him, he isn't a bad player, but I don't think he ever reached the potential that was prompted United to make a bid and agree a deal.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sportsday breaking live must be one of the most pointless pages ever created.

I'm really glad they dispensed with 606, Quotes of the week, even that Sven and Mourinho thing, in place of such a high quality journalistic feed.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Given the choice between London and hanging out with TOWIE charvers and Frankie from X Factor, I'd join Man Utd, live in Cheshire and enjoy life presiding over my manor.

For Big Boy Barry, it's all about the manor.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    The last couple of months just haven't been Adem Ljajic's have they?

First off we saw him punched by his coach for what was seen as petulance by him for applauding the coach on subsituting him. I know the coach was sacked, he remained at the club, but wasn't he under investigation, and I've heard nothing more since.

However on the Sportsday breaking news feed on the BBC, it now seems he's been dropped from the Serbian squad for not singing the national anthem before the start of a friendly on Saturday. Did he break a mirror as a teenager, first we pull out of a deal, then the coach and now this.......

From what I've seen of him, he isn't a bad player, but I don't think he ever reached the potential that was prompted United to make a bid and agree a deal.

wildly reported he insulted the managers son who downs syndrome

if true im glad he got smacked
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    wildly reported he insulted the managers son who downs syndrome

if true im glad he got smacked

I think one of the other coaches or players said that that was rubbish, that it was just the sarcastic applause.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    I think one of the other coaches or players said that that was rubbish, that it was just the sarcastic applause.

i dont know for sure,but im a big serie a fan and all the calcio journalists on my twitter reported he said something along the lines of "your more retarded than your son" whilst applauding
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i dont know for sure,but im a big serie a fan and all the calcio journalists on my twitter reported he said something along the lines of "your more retarded than your son" whilst applauding

I just checked out the news stories, Rossi said that his mother was insulted, but Behrami said that was a lie.

http://www.football-italia.net/18606/behrami-rossi-lied-ljajic
  • IH80IH80 Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else nervous, or is it just me?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nervous about what?
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,928
    Forum Member
    IH80 wrote: »

Was a bit nervous because i really wanted Hazard to join us, but i have excepted now he is off to Chelsea, just waiting for it to be confirmed.
  • IH80IH80 Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    Nervous about what?

The Hazard announcement. Silly, I know.
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Was a bit nervous because i really wanted Hazard to join us, but i have excepted now he is off to Chelsea, just waiting for it to be confirmed.

Probably 90% done, but just maybe...
  • CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goal.com reporting that it's a done deal. Twitter saying his wife has agreed terms with John Terry :D
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    IH80 wrote: »

I'm certainly nervous about whether United get anyone this summer.

I never did think Hazard would be one of them. Tho I expected it all along to be City, so looks like I'm wrong about that!

I do have nightmare visions of United being linked - a la Hazard - with various players and ending up with none of them!
This discussion has been closed.