LOL Dean getting dissed for doing what any nornal businessman would do!

boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
Forum Member
✭✭
Its amusing how in EE normal business practice is seen as a reason to establish a character as a baddie.

Lola not qualified to work at Blades?? Oooh Dean you BITCH!

Stacey given a trial but no vacancies at the mo?? Cruel Dean- apparently she deserves a thousands of pounds job because she is "a mate" . Yes in EE "being a mate" (they werent anyway to my recollection) is the best qualification for a job.

And-unconnected- Alfies racist outburst because Aleks wont give him his pitch back after he regularly did a bunk?? Apparently being a charming cockney "geeza" means any kind of unprofessionalism is rendered void. Good on Aleks I say! Unlike Alfie Aleks turns up and does his job most the time despite whatevers going on in his personal life.
Looks like EE accurately portrays a casual attitude towards work that is blighting this country.

Comments

• _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about Dean being forced into employing Lola, that was a bit annoying. But he really shouldn't have given Stacey a trial if he knew there were no vacancies at Blades; he gave her false hope which is really unfair.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree.

Aleks has done very little wrong - okay he can have a nasty tone but nearly all his reprimands towards Alfie have come from Alfie breaking Market rules - rules Aleks is paid to enforce and could lose his job if he doesn't. But because Aleks won't accept Alfie as a "that's what I do, swerve rules buecasue I'm a cheeky chappie, why can't you turn a blind eye" Alfie plays the victim and makes it personal. I'm not just talking about the rant last night but hacking into his computer and using the stuff he found there about his having a family in Latvia to blackmail him.

Dean had a perfect right to refuse to employ Lola when she wasn't qualified. Maybe he hasn't got the time to train an Apprentice?

With Stacey, he can't magic a job from nowhere but I do think he should have said he had no current vacancies from the start then let her decide whether to do a trial.

Even a few months ago, Phil being vilified for not mentioning the vic's cellar damp problem. Now I can't stand Phil but why would he mention it? Why the hell didn't the Carters get a survey done or even inspect the property themselves before handing a bag of cash over. Buyer beware!
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I did laugh at Alfie's 'I LEFT YOU A VOICEMAIL' line. Wasn't that the day after he promised to be in? Terrible work ethic especially when he knows his pitch will be snapped up in minutes.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I detest Stacey - So self-important. Whenever anything isn't going her way, she kicks off! She has not developed one iota!!!

I am one of those who thinks Stacey Slater is completely overrated!
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »
    This is why I detest Stacey - So self-important. Whenever anything isn't going her way, she kicks off! She has not developed one iota!!!

I am one of those who thinks Stacey Slater is completely overrated!

I am two.
  • TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't blame Stacey for reacting the way she did at all. What normal person would offer someone a trial shift when they are well aware they have no vacancies?

All he did was waste her time. Prat.