Options

Pixie is the best celeb that strictly ever had?

Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,685
Forum Member
✭✭
Pixie is the best celeb ever. She is perfect in every single way. She is my idol. I love her so much. :p

Comments

• Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .....But this can only be a subjective view, not a statement of fact.....and do you know her?
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is not going to end well and will once again turn into another " lets bash Pixie thread "
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    This thread is not going to end well and will once again turn into another " lets bash Pixie thread "

Unless it turns into a "Who was the best celeb" thread. Darren Gough may be the celeb that Strictly needed the most. He was the unlikely winner, dancing novice, working class lad, that shook off the prim and dated image that might have otherwise stuck with Strictly.
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Pixie is the best celeb ever. She is perfect in every single way. She is my idol. I love her so much. :p

In your opinion.
  • Options
    David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is certainly one of the best celebrity dancers they have ever had, but I am not convinced that she is better than Kara Tointon or Natalie Gumede, but that places her in some pretty special company. I echo the sentiment of not letting this degenerate into another Pixie-bashing thread. There have been too many of them, and all undeserved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Jill, Colin, Ramps, Alesha and Natalie all had a sense of joy about their dancing. Pixie is all business.
  • Options
    thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Strictly_fan. If you go up the ladder to the attic I hear there is an Appreciation table with refreshments
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »

as opposed to the Caroline is strange thread also started by this poster:kitty:
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    There is no 'best' celebrity ever, its all a matter of taste.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each to their own but the only one who beats my lovely Ramps is Kara.
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie is the greatest ever it's true.
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...... the only one who beats my lovely Ramps is Kara.

I seem to remember Kara wearing some sort of leather and whip outfit that year but.....:o
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My vote would be for Zoe Ball personally. :)
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davegold wrote: »
    Unless it turns into a "Who was the best celeb" thread. Darren Gough may be the celeb that Strictly needed the most. He was the unlikely winner, dancing novice, working class lad, that shook off the prim and dated image that might have otherwise stuck with Strictly.

I think the less I say about Darren Gough winning the better. I got sick of his whining about how he had been on such a 'journey' to suck the gullible public into voting for him.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry OP, personally I don't think Pixie's even the best dancer this year, never mind in Strictly history.

The Strictly history best dancer honour goes to Kara Tointon for me, and it would take someone extremely special to beat her. Pixie doesn't have any particular magic for me - she's a competent dancer and performer, but I've already forgotten all her routines so far, there's been nothing memorable I'd want to re-watch, whereas I could spend days watching Kara's beautiful ballroom again, and her Latin was pretty handy too!
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    I'd put my vote towards Pixie being the best signing Strictly's ever had, in terms of celebrity status, but not quite talent/technique, yet. She has enormous untapped potential I feel, which her rather twee Viennese Waltz barely scraped - she can do full-on choreo, Trent, give it to her.

I'd also say she's the most perfect celeb to bring in the "13 year old girl" vote which owns the Final, so... who knows? :)
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I couldn't agree more
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thengp12 wrote: »
    Strictly_fan. If you go up the ladder to the attic I hear there is an Appreciation table with refreshments

This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

It's not asking for trouble starting an appreciation thread in the main forum, but it IS asking for different opinions to be aired.
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Natalie got screwed over by over enthusiastic fans last IMO.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on, OP doesn't say best celeb dancer, which might have won Pix a few votes, but best celeb. She's not winning that one. Not while Mark Benton exists. Funny, warm, genuine, beautifully connected to his partner. Or Steve B, who will save yer effing planet for you while cuddling crocodiles and smiling. Or Goughie etc. Even Pixie's fans must see she's a bit pastel. Nice enough as she is... How about Deborah Meaden for capturing the spirit of Strictly and falling in love with dance, or Vaughny for that mad axe jive that typified the fun he and Nat had in training? Hell, the year Rory Bremner was on, his QS gave me more joy than any of Pixie's (or the other top tier) dances this year... just for the simple and unlikely pleasure of it. Or Sunetra, witty, scatty, with a flowy funny elegance all of her own... I know it's going to be subjective but Pix is probably too low-key as a personality type to figure in many people's list
  • Options
    mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if she is the best, there have been so many over the years haven't there? She is certainly a very good dancer though
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    I'd put my vote towards Pixie being the best signing Strictly's ever had, in terms of celebrity status, but not quite talent/technique, yet. She has enormous untapped potential I feel, which her rather twee Viennese Waltz barely scraped - she can do full-on choreo, Trent, give it to her.

I'd also say she's the most perfect celeb to bring in the "13 year old girl" vote which owns the Final, so... who knows? :)

See, I would disagree with that as well. I would put a Spice Girl and even a Girls Aloud above her in celeb status and certainly (regardless of what happened next) Lulu. In terms of my own 'they've signed who - wow!' moment then that was Martina Hingis.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her dances have a fair bit to go before you can put her up there with Kara and St. Jill..
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does "best celeb" mean ? Nicest? Most popular? Most talented?
    I assume the OP means best dancer...?
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Hang on, OP doesn't say best celeb dancer, which might have won Pix a few votes, but best celeb. She's not winning that one. Not while Mark Benton exists. Funny, warm, genuine, beautifully connected to his partner. Or Steve B, who will save yer effing planet for you while cuddling crocodiles and smiling. Or Goughie etc. Even Pixie's fans must see she's a bit pastel. Nice enough as she is... How about Deborah Meaden for capturing the spirit of Strictly and falling in love with dance, or Vaughny for that mad axe jive that typified the fun he and Nat had in training? Hell, the year Rory Bremner was on, his QS gave me more joy than any of Pixie's (or the other top tier) dances this year... just for the simple and unlikely pleasure of it. Or Sunetra, witty, scatty, with a flowy funny elegance all of her own... I know it's going to be subjective but Pix is probably too low-key as a personality type to figure in many people's list

You know Pet, the difference between Pixie and the contestants you mention would be about 20 years on average. Maybe Pixie should have held back till 2034 - may Strictly still be going strong! - as I dare say we were all a little pastel at her age.

Now we are just beige...apparently :(:D