EE: How many rooms does the Vic have?!

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,175
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    deliveries to a cellar go from the outside down a shoot thing. have u not seen the metal trap doors outside pubs for barrels? which actually are quite small but v heavy.

Yes, i have, indeed i've worked in Pubs. But there will still be some deliveries that come directly into the bar. Also that door that now leads to the kitchen did used to go to some kind of store room - Den was often seen emerging from it.

Anyhow, it was only speculation as to why that one particular area might have been raised.
  • c120701c120701 Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Exactly. :D

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree, but listening to the sound before we see her falling you hear her scream, then hit something and roll before you actually see her hitting the wall and rolling down the rest of the stairs which suggest something is in between to me.
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha!

Last night's EastEnders (Tuesday 16 December), Alfie, Kate, Tommy, Bert & Ernie all traipsed into the Vic and up into the living room to stay the night!

I think even the writers knew this was pushing it as Linda said "It's not a Tardis!"

Tee hee. I did think of Digital Spy when she said that!
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    Ha ha!

Last night's EastEnders (Tuesday 16 December), Alfie, Kate, Tommy, Bert & Ernie all traipsed into the Vic and up into the living room to stay the night!

I think even the writers knew this was pushing it as Linda said "It's not a Tardis!"

Tee hee. I did think of Digital Spy when she said that!

I noticed that and thought exactly the same :D
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now Kat. Alfie and the kids are living there :o how does one small pub have so much room?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Just to confuse matters further, most East End pubs that I know of similar design to the Queen Vic actually have at least *two* upper floors. Plenty of room for 4 or more Bedrooms.

I guess the Vic only has one because of the difficulty/expense of building a three story exterior set?
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Right at the beginning (1985) there were three bedrooms:

Den and Angie
    Sharon
    Lofty (lodger)

Unless they have built an extra room as a loft extension, they have retconned the living accommodation if they now claim there are four bedrooms - but that wouldn't surprise me at all as we HAVE to have enough space for all these 'wonderful' Carters ...
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    DavyBoy60 wrote: »
    Just to confuse matters further, most East End pubs that I know of similar design to the Queen Vic actually have at least *two* upper floors. Plenty of room for 4 or more Bedrooms.

I guess the Vic only has one because of the difficulty/expense of building a three story exterior set?

The exterior of the Queen Vic pre-dates Eastenders by years.

If you watch the exterior shots in 'Oliver' you can clearly see the Queen Vic, and the railway bridge that Oliver climbs up onto after his first attempt at pick-pocketing is the same bridge.
  • Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you walk past the living room to get to the kitchen!

plus when you get to the top of the stairs opp the stairwell is a bedroom. you turn right and i think there is another door and then the living room door, keep walking andstraight ahead is the kitchen,to the right of the kitchen is another door which was the bathroom and then to the right of that there is another bedroom

when stan was smoking out the living room window the market was below not the sqaure

no you walk past the Kitchen to get to the living room your tv must be playing up on yeah
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Patrick wrote: »
    no you walk past the Kitchen to get to the living room your tv must be playing up on yeah

evidence?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evidence?

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=queen%2520vic%2520kitchen%2520&sm=3

ok, well here is mine, carters in the kitchen. Linda walks towards the stairs and into living room. you clearly see nancy stood at top and johnny walk down. linda then comes out of the living room and walks back to the kitchen. for nancy to get back to the living room from the stairs she has to walk past the living room. but hey ho My ipads playing up too. :D
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same goes for the Rovers Return! if you go to the loo in there, you would end up in the Barlow's back room!

Lol, we often comment about people leaving the bar and going for a waz in Deirdre's kitchen.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn’t Mick and Shirley say last week that they wanted Tina to move back into The Vic? I know she was there for a night to get away from Tosh, but I swear one or both of them told her they wanted her back at The Vic where she “belongs.” So did she move back into the house with Dean and Stacey now that Tosh has left (could she afford that on her café salary?), or is Tina going to have a massive slumber party with the Moons in the living room?

It's a mixed blessing that Johnny and Stan are leaving soon as that will free up some space. If not, Mick and Linda would have to put their baby on the roof at the rate they're taking people in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eejm wrote: »
    Didn’t Mick and Shirley say last week that they wanted Tina to move back into The Vic? I know she was there for a night to get away from Tosh, but I swear one or both of them told her they wanted her back at The Vic where she “belongs.” So did she move back into the house with Dean and Stacey now that Tosh has left (could she afford that on her café salary?), or is Tina going to have a massive slumber party with the Moons in the living room?

It's a mixed blessing that Johnny and Stan are leaving soon as that will free up some space. If not, Mick and Linda would have to put their baby on the roof at the rate they're taking people in.

I wondered that then assumed that she must be back in the flat otherwise stacey would of let them stay surely tho considering her family and three small kids were homeless I didnt hear her piping up to offer
  • 446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I've seen a real cellar before, another staircase underneath the main one, entered from near the bar.

I've lost track of where the QV toilets are now, seeing as the old ones are now the kitchen?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    446.09375 wrote: »
    I'm sure I've seen a real cellar before, another staircase underneath the main one, entered from near the bar.

I've lost track of where the QV toilets are now, seeing as the old ones are now the kitchen?

toilets are on the right hand side of the bar now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    off the dartboard area?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    off the dartboard area?

yes, there are some doors there and the toilets have been relocated there. not sure what was meant to be there before tho
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the old store area where the Beales keep their fruit-n-veg stall - there's a large wooden door there, between the Market St side entrance and the gateway to the alleyway between the QV and the shop - where so many illicit kisses and fumbles are spotted from people in the street :)
    I shall keep a lookout for anyone getting beaten up and regaining consciousness in there again :)
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,339
    Forum Member
    Weren't there about 65 people living at Pat's at one point?
    Forum Member
    funkycub wrote: »
    Weren't there about 65 people living at Pat's at one point?

I thought it was 66, but I bow to your superior knowledge ;-)

In that house though, there are three downstairs rooms - the Kitchen/Dining Room, the Living Room (with Bar) and another room in between that we never see which is or could be used as a bedroom.

There is also a Garage which means that there would be space for 3 or possibly 4 bedrooms plus bathroom upstairs,
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    The exterior of the Queen Vic pre-dates Eastenders by years.

If you watch the exterior shots in 'Oliver' you can clearly see the Queen Vic, and the railway bridge that Oliver climbs up onto after his first attempt at pick-pocketing is the same bridge.

Hmm... not too sure where you got that from, but every source that I can find states that the exterior set was purpose built in 1984 for the start of EastEnders in 1985, for instance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen_Victoria.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,175
    Forum Member
    DavyBoy60 wrote: »
    Hmm... not too sure where you got that from, but every source that I can find states that the exterior set was purpose built in 1984 for the start of EastEnders in 1985, for instance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen_Victoria.

Yes, I'm sure you are right. Everything was purpose built in 1984 - nothing was already there.

I'll try and dig out the book that was written about 87 detailing the whole process to make sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the old store area where the Beales keep their fruit-n-veg stall - there's a large wooden door there, between the Market St side entrance and the gateway to the alleyway between the QV and the shop - where so many illicit kisses and fumbles are spotted from people in the street :)
    I shall keep a lookout for anyone getting beaten up and regaining consciousness in there again :)

ha ha not outside inside there was a set of doors at the end of the bar. but you are right in that you always thought that outside space was there and the cellar room of course but now its toilets 😄
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And from what I can make out, the kitchen area in the cafe must be inside Ian's house.

And let's not dwell on the number of people taken away in police cars when the station is just around the corner from the club, a stone's throw away from the market inspector's office :)