getting a better deal out of Vodafone?

ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
Forum Member
I'm a long standing SIM only customer. I get 600 mins, 3000 texts for £15 pm on a 30 day contract. Plus I have a 100 international texts add on for £5.

I don't need 600 mins or 3000 texts. I don't send 100 international texts (1/2 that at most). I want to stay on 30 days as have an old phone that may give up the ghost, then want to have flexibility to move. I don't want to change phone until I need to; it's for basic use only and very occasional web browsing.

I do want to be with an operator that offers text delivery reports, which rules out Giff gaff and Tesco, all on O2. (my current phone doesn't support that prefix that offers delivery)

The reception on Voda isn't always great (some of that could be my K750i from 2005's fault) but the main issue is voicemail messages coming through days after they are left, which happens sometimes.

Ideally I'd like a deal for £10 per month on 30 days. I'm older and hopeless at negotiating with mobile networks, so any tips would be welcome. The last time I tried, they weren't interested and were happy for me to leave.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vodafone have a £10 SIM only with 100 minutes, unlimited texts on a 30 day rolling plan. I'm sure the other networks all have something similar.

Generally, as I work for Vodafone, the only time I give up trying to please a customer is when they get silly and start asking for deals that are ludicrous. For example, free iPhone, 600 minutes, unlimited texts and web, 12 month contract for £20. That's an extreme example, but sometimes you get people demanding the 900 minutes SIM only plan for the price of the 100 minutes one. The biggest tip is to be realistic about what you're asking for and don't sound brash or pushy. If you're dealing with the major networks generally they'll match each other, but don't approach it expecting them to match deals from Three, Tesco or naff sites like mobilesforme. So shop around first.

On the issue of your reception, have you tried a SIM change? If not go in your local store and they'll move your number to a new SIM card - that often resolves signal issues.
  • chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go the Vodafone eforum and just say how disgruntled you are.

The web relations team have access to better deals than the standard sales and online people

I've been a VF customer for 14 years on the same number, and the web relations team have just sorted me an upgrade that I am over the moon with.