My Strictly - Series 1

Comments

• thatgirlsazthatgirlsaz Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Since Week 1 will be spread across two nights, with eight couples dancing on each night, the shows will ideally be up on Wednesday night and Thursday night.

The full song list will be up tomorrow and on Tuesday night, I'll get some statistics from the Week 1 performances as a little teaser ;-)
    Forum Member
    Here is the full song list for the first week of My Strictly.

Waltz

Three Times A Lady - The Commodores
    Amazed - Lonestar
    Heart On My Sleeve - Olly Murs
    She - Elvis Costello
    Everything I Do - Bryan Adams
    What'll I Do - Alison Krauss
    Are You Lonesome Tonight? - Elvis Presley
    Grace - Will Young

Cha Cha Cha

Don't Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go) - Noisettes
    I'm Every Woman - Chaka Khan
    We Are Family - Sister Sledge
    Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke ft T.I and Pharrell
    Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
    The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
    Uptown Girl - Westlife
    Rather Be - Clean Bandit ft Jess Glynne
    Forum Member
    The show is going up earlier than originally planned. Which means tonight. There will be 8 couples performing tonight and 8 performing tomorrow night!

Enjoy the show :)
    Forum Member
    Hello and welcome to the first live show of this year's My Strictly, with your hosts, Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman!

Now, let's meet the couples who will be aiming to win the glitterball trophy this season... the stars of our show.
    Comedian Jason Manford and his partner Iveta Lukosiute
    England Cricketer Stuart Broad and his partner Natalie Lowe
    The Flash's Danielle Panabaker and her partner Aljaz Skorjanec
    Actress Emma Chambers and her partner Robin Windsor
    Actor Dominic Cooper and his partner Karen Hauer
    Former Politician Lembit Opik and his partner Joanne Clifton
    TV Presenter Kate Abdo and her partner Pasha Kovalev
    Tennis player Laura Robson and her partner Trent Whiddon
    Westlife's Brian McFadden and his partner Kristina Rihanoff
    Comedienne and Writer Jenny Eclair and her partner Anton Du Beke
    Star Gymnast Max Whitlock and his partner Ola Jordan
    Catatonia's Cerys Matthews and her partner Brendan Cole
    Waterloo Road's Leon Ockenden and his partner Aliona Vilani
    Star Athlete Dame Kelly Holmes and her partner Kevin Clifton
    Actor Larry Lamb and his partner Janette Manrara
    TV Presenter Melanie Sykes and her partner Tristan MacManus

Eight couples will be taking to the floor tonight for the first time to show you at home what they have to offer.

Our first couple tonight is TV presenter Kate Abdo and her partner Pasha Kovalev!
    Forum Member
    Kate - "I'm really excited to do Strictly. I'm a massive fan of the show and I can't wait for the Strictly experience. I'm in safe hands with Pasha and he's been very patient with me. I'm finding the Cha Cha tricky but I'm sure I'll get there eventually"

Song: Rather Be - Clean Bandit ft Jess Glynne

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha, Kate Abdo and Pasha Kovalev!

Len - "Talk about opening the series with a bang! You've came out with loads of energy, firing from the word go and that's what I like to see. You could've straightened your legs to get the proper hip action but I enjoyed it"

Bruno - "Len is right. In the Cha Cha, the legs need to be straight and we missed that a little bit Kate. It was very fun, I see potential in you and I think you're going to be a very fierce competitor"

The judges have their scores...

Craig - 6
    Darcey - 7
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 7

That's a total of 27 out of 40 for Kate and Pasha.

Next up, it's Lembit Opik and his partner Joanne Clifton.
    Forum Member
    Lembit - "I was a little reluctant to do the show as I know I'm not a very good dancer but I'm so glad I did. Joanne and I are getting along very well - I thought training would be hell but it turns out it's actually a lot of fun. I want to do Jo proud and hopefully, it won't be too bad"

Song: Everything I Do - Bryan Adams

Dancing the Waltz, Lembit Opik and Joanne Clifton!

Bruno - "Oh Lembit. Your facial expressions really are a sight to behold. It really wasn't a very good dance but you definitely entertained me and I can't wait to see you dance again"

Craig - "Your bottom was sticking out so much it was almost disturbing, darling. You really must get that sorted out. You kept hunching over Joanne as well so it wasn't very elegant at all but it was a passable attempt"

Craig - 4
    Darcey - 5
    Len - 5
    Bruno - 4

That's a total of 18 out of 40 for Lembit and Joanne.

Next up, it's Brian McFadden and his partner Kristina Rihanoff.
    Forum Member
    Brian - "Training's been very difficult, yeah. Kristina definitely knows how to get the most out of her partners - I just wish it wasn't so gruelling! The Cha Cha's a very fun dance and we get to dance to a Westlife song. I'm looking forward to it and I just hope I don't make a mistake!"

Song: Uptown Girl - Westlife

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha, Brian McFadden and Kristina Rihanoff!

Craig - "I had a lot of fun watching that Brian. I think you know that there was a couple of timing issues in there, and you made a slight mistake at the end too but your hips and arms are very impressive"

Darcey - "You're a very cheeky chappie aren't you? It definitely showed in that dance. I can see already that you and Kristina will have a great partnership and I look forward to seeing it develop! Well done"

Craig - 6
    Darcey - 7
    Len - 6
    Bruno - 6

That's a total of 25 out of 40 for Brian and Kristina.

Next up, it's Melanie Sykes and her partner Tristan MacManus.
    Forum Member
    Melanie - "I can't believe I'm doing Strictly! This is so much fun. When I found out I got Tristan, I was so happy and I still am. He's a lovely, patient guy and that's what I need in a partner. I'm finding the slowness of the Waltz awkward but I'm kind of getting used to it. Kind of"

Song: Three Times A Lady - The Commodores

Dancing the Waltz, Melanie Sykes and Tristan McManus!

Darcey - "I'll admit, I didn't have you pegged as a ballroom kind of girl. You're very elegant, your posture is good but just watch that you don't get too distracted if you make a mistake. I want to see you carry this standard into the Latin. A great first performance"

Len - "Firstly, well done Tristan for choreographing a great routine. You really got into the spirit of the Waltz Melanie and you coped very well with a difficult dance. As Darcey says, your posture is good but watch your balance when you're out of hold"

Craig - 7
    Darcey - 7
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 7

That's a total of 28 out of 40 for Melanie and Tristan.

Next up is Dame Kelly Holmes and her partner Kevin Clifton.
    Forum Member
    Kelly - "As an athlete, I don't get to be glammed up all too often and it's part of the reason why I signed up. Of course, I want to learn to dance too! Kevin's got a very good record on Strictly so I'm very pleased he's my partner. The Cha Cha is very challenging but if I keep working hard, it should all come together"

Song: I'm Every Woman - Chaka Khan

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha, Kelly Holmes and Kevin Clifton!

Len - "I could tell you were having a lot of fun out there Kelly! You've came aht and you've given it some, just as I expected you would. Focus more on the technique of the dance next time and I'm sure you'll just keep improving"

Bruno - "Well, a little bit of hip action would've been nice. Even a small bit. It looked awkward but even still, as Len said I can tell you enjoyed yourself and it wasn't a disaster so well done!"

Craig - 5
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 6
    Bruno - 5

That's a total of 22 out of 40 for Kelly and Kevin.

Next up, it's Stuart Broad and his partner Natalie Lowe.
    Forum Member
    Stuart - "Cricketers have quite a good record in this show don't they? No pressure then! I'm happy I have the Waltz as my first dance because Natalie's choreography is lovely and I really want to do it justice. And not fall over. That would be nice"

Song: Grace - Will Young

Dancing the Waltz, Stuart Broad and Natalie Lowe!

Bruno - "Oh Stuart... you're definitely not difficult to watch on the dancefloor. Surprisingly elegant and your frame is good, but could still do with a bit of work. I can't wait to see you make it hot in the Latin!"

Craig - "I have to disagree there Bruno. The frame needs A LOT of work. You're a tall man so ballroom will undoubtedly be difficult for you but you need to keep improving. There was a lot of storytelling in there which was very well acted"

Craig - 6
    Darcey - 8
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 8

That's a total of 29 out of 40 for Stuart and Natalie.

Next up, it's Jason Manford and his partner Iveta Lukosuite.
    Forum Member
    Jason - "I didn't ever think I'd do a show like this, ever. I really am not a good dancer but it's a new experience and I'm really having fun. Iveta is hilarious. She works me really hard but I suppose she needs to do that and there's not a day goes by where she doesn't crack me up. I just hope I can dance well for her now!"

Song: Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha, Jason Manford and Iveta Lukosiute!

Craig - "Darling. I'm speechless. I don't quite know what to say apart from dahnce disaaaster"

Darcey - "I'm going to remember that performance forever Jason. I wouldn't have known it was a Cha Cha if you hadn't have said it beforehand but I really don't care. So much fun and I hope you get to do another Latin number because that was so entertaining!"

Craig - 2
    Darcey - 5
    Len - 5
    Bruno - 4

That's a total of 16 out of 40 for Jason and Iveta.

Closing the show tonight, it's Laura Robson and her partner Trent Whiddon.
    Forum Member
    Laura - "This whole experience has been incredible so far. I didn't think I'd ever learn to dance in my life and now I am, thanks to Trent! He's such a good partner and we get along brilliantly. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I hope I can help his hard work with me pay off and do a great performance"

Song: Amazed - Lonestar

Dancing the Waltz, Laura Robson and Trent Whiddon!

Darcey - "Wow Laura! Tennis players don't tend to do well on Strictly and you've just flipped the rulebook around completely. An elegant, romantic Waltz with some beautiful choreography from Trent. I see good things for you two!"

Len - "Pure and simple, that's the dance of the night. You two will be a force to be reckoned with in this competition. As Darcey said, this usually isn't something tennis players are good at but you've shocked me Laura. Keep it up!"

Craig - 7
    Darcey - 8
    Len - 8
    Bruno - 8

That's a total of 31 out of 40 for Laura and Trent.
    Forum Member
    That beautiful performance finishes our show off for tonight!

This is how the leaderboard stands after our first 8 couples have performed.

1. Laura Robson and Trent Whiddon - Waltz - 31 (7,8,8,8)
    2. Stuart Broad and Natalie Lowe - Waltz - 29 (6,8,7,8)
    3. Melanie Sykes and Tristan MacManus - Waltz - 28 (7,7,7,7)
    4. Kate Abdo and Pasha Kovalev - Cha Cha Cha - 27 (6,7,7,7)
    5. Brian McFadden and Kristina Rihanoff - Cha Cha Cha - 25 (6,7,6,6)
    6. Dame Kelly Holmes and Kevin Clifton - Cha Cha Cha - 22 (5,6,6,5)
    7. Lembit Opik and Joanne Clifton - Waltz - 18 (4,5,5,4)
    8. Jason Manford and Iveta Lukosiute - Cha Cha Cha - 16 (2,5,5,4)

Join us tomorrow night where the remaining eight couples will perform for the judges for the first time! Hope you enjoyed the show :)
    Forum Member
    Hello and welcome to the first live show of this year's My Strictly, with your hosts, Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman!

Now, let's meet the couples who will be aiming to win the glitterball trophy this season... the stars of our show.

Comedian Jason Manford and his partner Iveta Lukosiute
    England Cricketer Stuart Broad and his partner Natalie Lowe
    The Flash's Danielle Panabaker and her partner Aljaz Skorjanec
    Actress Emma Chambers and her partner Robin Windsor
    Actor Dominic Cooper and his partner Karen Hauer
    Former Politician Lembit Opik and his partner Joanne Clifton
    TV Presenter Kate Abdo and her partner Pasha Kovalev
    Tennis player Laura Robson and her partner Trent Whiddon
    Westlife's Brian McFadden and his partner Kristina Rihanoff
    Comedienne and Writer Jenny Eclair and her partner Anton Du Beke
    Star Gymnast Max Whitlock and his partner Ola Jordan
    Catatonia's Cerys Matthews and her partner Brendan Cole
    Waterloo Road's Leon Ockenden and his partner Aliona Vilani
    Star Athlete Dame Kelly Holmes and her partner Kevin Clifton
    Actor Larry Lamb and his partner Janette Manrara
    TV Presenter Melanie Sykes and her partner Tristan MacManus

After eight brilliant performances last night, eight more couples will be taking to the floor tonight for the first time to show you at home what they have to offer.

Our first couple tonight is Cerys Matthews and her partner Brendan Cole!
    Forum Member
    Cerys - "Strictly's always something I've wanted to do at some point and to have Brendan Cole as my partner has set me up for the most incredible experience. I'm just going to try and enjoy it and hopefully at the same time, deliver a few great performances along the way, starting with the Cha Cha.

Song: We Are Family - Sister Sledge

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha, Cerys Matthews and Brendan Cole!

Len - "It's great to have someone opening the show with a party dance and have a little bit of fun. Brendan choreographed a routine to showcase you and it worked. Well done Cerys, you should be very happy with that"

Bruno - "I think you need to work on the technique. Your arms are very expressive but you need to work on the footwork as it can get a little sloppy at times. Although, you did perform very well and you had a good time, so we had a good time"

Craig - 5
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 6

That's a total of 24 out of 40 for Cerys and Brendan.

Next up it's Larry Lamb and his partner Janette Manrara.
    Forum Member
    Larry - "I've always loved the show and I've always liked the idea of doing it, it's just having the courage to go for it was a struggle. It's still a little bit strange getting used to the sequins and spandex but I'm getting there. Janette is working me really hard to get me into shape for my Waltz and I'm really looking forward to Saturday"

Song: Are You Lonesome Tonight - Elvis Presley

Dancing the Waltz, Larry Lamb and Janette Manrara!

Bruno - "That was okay Larry - you managed to capture the feeling of the Waltz very well but as an actor, we expect that from you. The trouble is, the Waltz is meant to be smooth and sophisticated and it all got a little bit stompy towards the end. If you work on that, you could do very well"

Craig - "It was very stompy actually. I felt as if you were just trying to get through it, which is understandable as it's your first dance but relax into it next time because your posture went on numerous occasions. I look forward to seeing what you do next and hopefully, it's better than what we saw there"

Craig - 4
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 6
    Bruno - 5

That's a total of 21 out of 40 for Larry and Janette.

Next up, it's Danielle Panabaker and her partner Aljaz Skorjanec!
    Forum Member
    Danielle - "I love doing something new and learning to dance is definitely something I've always wanted to do and I'm really excited to finally get that chance. Our first dance is the Cha Cha and it's going okay. I'm incredibly nervous because it's really difficult but I've put the hours in and Aljaz is a great teacher so I'm hoping it'll be awesome"

Song: Don't Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go) - Noisettes

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha, Danielle Panabaker and Aljaz Skorjanec!

Craig - "I think you need to work on keeping the hip action throughout the duration of the dance, darling. It was there on occasion but you kept losing it. Saying that, it had incredible musicality and rhythm and you should be proud of that"

Darcey - "Danielle, you definitely did not upset the rhythm! That was full of fun, energy and it's put me in the mood for a party. Your leg action was amazing! Next time, try and work on your hips but overall, a very promising first outing"

Craig - 7
    Darcey - 7
    Len - 8
    Bruno - 8

That's a total of 30 out of 40 for Danielle and Aljaz.

Next up, it's Emma Chambers and her partner Robin Windsor.
    Forum Member
    Emma - "I can't believe I'm finally doing Strictly! Robin is a great person to have as a partner, we have lots and lots of fun but we get the work done and I'm loving the experience. I love the song we're dancing to this week and the Waltz is a lovely dance and I really want it to go well on the night"

Song: She - Elvis Costello

Dancing the Waltz, Emma Chambers and Robin Windsor!

Darcey - "I think you were very graceful out on that floor and you most certainly did the dance justice. I could see you were a little nervous and because of that you lost a bit of the technique. Work on that next time, because I think you're a good dancer"

Len - "Well done Emma. The Waltz is a difficult dance because we can see your every move but it was by no means a disaster. I thought it was very romantic, yet classy and I look forward to seeing what you do next"

Craig - 6
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 6
    Bruno - 6

That's a total of 24 out of 40 for Emma and Robin.

Next up, it's Dominic Cooper and his partner Karen Hauer.
    Forum Member
    Dominic - "I've been doing this for 3 weeks and I feel like a different person already. I didn't think I'd enjoy the tan and glitter as much as I have so I've surprised myself! Karen is a very good teacher and she's a lot of fun. The Cha Cha's been difficult for me but it's a lot of fun and that's what I want to come across on the floor"

Song: Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke ft T.I and Pharrell

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha, Dominic Cooper and Karen Hauer!

Len - "A good start Dominic. You've came out and you've given it lots of fun and energy but I think you need to work on the footwork. I saw one or two heel leads in there and you can't do that in a Cha Cha. But I enjoyed it"

Bruno - "Ohhhhh Dominic! That was very hot and high energy, I could barely focus! Len is right, the footwork is something you're going to need to work on but if this is what you're like in Week 1 I can't wait to see you do more"

Craig - 6
    Darcey - 7
    Len - 6
    Bruno - 7

That's a total of 26 out of 40 for Dominic and Karen.

Next up, it's Jenny Eclair and her partner Anton Du Beke.
    Forum Member
    Jenny - "This is the best experience ever! For me, getting a partner with a great sense of humour was a must and Anton fits the bill. We have so much fun together and it's lovely coming into training each day. Now, I just have to dance well and be elegant. Should be no problem!"

Song: What'll I Do? - Alison Krauss

Dancing the Waltz, Jenny Eclair and Anton Du Beke!

Bruno - "Oh Jenny. I could see you were very nervous but sometimes nerves are good - if you channel them right. Sadly, you didn't really do that and it was all a little hesitant. Next time, I want you to come out all guns blazing and who knows what could happen!"

Craig - "Darling, that was incredibly skippy and you struggled to stay in time throughout the whole dance. There were some good elements there, like the storytelling and the portrayal of the dance but I didn't rate it at all if I'm honest"

Craig - 4
    Darcey - 5
    Len - 5
    Bruno - 5

That's a total of 19 out of 40 for Jenny and Anton.

Next up, it's Leon Ockenden and his partner Aliona Vilani!
    Forum Member
    Leon - "I'll admit, when Aliona said it was going to be tough. I took it far too lightly. This is like a really fun boot camp! I have to say that there's been a huge difference in where I started to now but it still needs to all come together - with added hard work, I believe I can do that and do Aliona proud"

Song: The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha, Leon Ockenden and Aliona Vilani!

Craig - "You certainly know how to put on a show Leon. Up until about halfway through, it was going tremendously although the slip up before the New York's threw you off completely but all in all, a good effort"

Darcey - "I see what Craig means - it's unfortunate but it's live and these things happen. I loved the dance and I wanted to get up and dance with you. You definitely know how to perform and that will serve you well. Well done!"

Craig - 6
    Darcey - 7
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 8

That's a total of 28 out of 40 for Leon and Aliona.

Closing the show tonight, it's Max Whitlock and his partner Ola Jordan!
    Forum Member
    Max - "Strictly is good. I'm getting teased a little by my mates for it but I'm enjoying it! There's a lot of pressure because of how Louis did but I'm just taking it all in my stride and doing the best I can. Ola's helped me out a lot and I'm really glad she has and I want to make sure it all pays off when I do the Waltz"

Song: Heart On My Sleeve - Olly Murs

Dancing the Waltz, Max Whitlock and Ola Jordan!

Darcey - "That was very romantic Max. You took great care of Ola throughout the dance and you led her around the floor with ease. Try and remember to keep your shoulders up next time you dance but that was a lovely dance to watch"

Len - "I didn't expect you to deliver such a heartfelt performance Max. It's clear you've put the work in and it's paid off. It's true, your shoulders do hunch over a little but that's something you can sort out. A great start"

Craig - 7
    Darcey - 7
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 8

That's a total of 29 out of 40 for Max and Ola.
    Forum Member
    And that from Max and Ola closes the show tonight and brings Week 1 of My Strictly to an end.

Here is the full leaderboard....

1. Laura Robson and Trent Whiddon - Waltz - 31 (7,8,8,8)
    2. Danielle Panabaker and Aljaz Skorjanec - Cha Cha Cha - 30 (7,7,8,8)
    3 = Stuart Broad and Natalie Lowe - Waltz - 29 (6,8,7,8)
    Max Whitlock and Ola Jordan - Waltz - 29 (7,7,7,8)
    5 = Melanie Sykes and Tristan MacManus - Waltz - 28 (7,7,7,7)
    Leon Ockenden and Aliona Vilani - Cha Cha Cha - 28 (6,7,7,8)
    7. Kate Abdo and Pasha Kovalev - Cha Cha Cha - 27 (6,7,7,7)
    8. Dominic Cooper and Karen Hauer - Cha Cha Cha - 26 (6,7,6,7)
    9. Brian McFadden and Kristina Rihanoff - Cha Cha Cha - 25 (6,7,6,6)
    10 = Cerys Matthews and Brendan Cole - Cha Cha Cha - 24 (5,6,7,6)
    Emma Chambers and Robin Windsor - Waltz - 24 (6,6,6,6)
    12. Dame Kelly Holmes and Kevin Clifton - Cha Cha Cha - 22 (5,6,6,5)
    13. Larry Lamb and Janette Manrara - Waltz - 21 (4,6,6,5)
    14. Jenny Eclair and Anton Du Beke - Waltz - 19 (4,5,5,5)
    15. Lembit Opik and Joanne Clifton - Waltz - 18 (4,5,5,4)
    16. Jason Manford and Iveta Lukosiute - Cha Cha Cha - 16 (2,5,5,4)

We have Laura and Trent at the top with 31/40, closely followed by Danielle and Aljaz with 30/40. At the bottom of the leaderboard, it's Jason and Iveta with 16/40.

Join us next week where the couples will be taking on a brand new dance and our first couple will leave My Strictly.

Hope you enjoyed the show! :D
    Forum Member
    I'm going to try and get the next show up on Friday or Saturday, where you'll all be able to vote for your favourites to decide who will leave first in Series 1 of My Strictly :)
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Great series! :D