Options

06 Edit problems

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
Forum Member
Ive only had my hummy a few weeks and updated to the 06 software on the last ota update.

Soon after getting the box, I did a few test edits, trimming the beginning and ends of programmes and deleting adverts.

Trimming the beginning and end of a programme is no problem, marking the start and end of the segment to be saved.

However it looks like a problem has been introduced in 06 when trying to delete from the middle of a file (to delete ads for example) I used to get clean edits, but since the 06 update it does not seem to join the 2 ends cleanly after the delete, corruting the audio and video for about 20 secs after the edit.

Im trying to play catchup in the forums. has this been identified before (and hopefully resolved in 08 ?

Comments

• Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    Yes... but I've only had a few seconds of corruption on all firmware versions.

I now only edit on my DVD recorder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't used edit much but this is what I've observed.

I think the corruption gets worse the more edits there are.

If you take out one ad it's OK (not great but OK) by the time you et tho the third or fourth edit they are pretty poor.

It was always ropey from me it hasn't got any worse or better with each software upgrade.