Options

Whats wrong with Vodafone's network?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi. I would like input, please, from anyone around the Essex coast with signal problems, particularly centred on Brigtlingsea.
    I am in dispute with them and need further evidence for the Ombudsman. Please help. Paul.

An Ombudsman? for telecoms?.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The Ombudsman has ruled for Vodafone. That's why I need more evidence. Paul.
  • Options
    nockie3nockie3 Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    An Ombudsman? for telecoms?.

http://www.cisas.org.uk/

Just used them - Orange are shaking in their boots and now willing to terminate my contract (with 20months left) free of charge due to shocking 3G/2G speeds, calls straight to voice mail and delayed texts.

I would strongly recommend this route if you are having trouble with Orange (or any other telecoms company)

I went to the executive office with my complaint who still wouldn't budge or accept blame - but these guys seem to have conquered Orange!
  • Options
    spanglystevespanglysteve Posts: 1,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno if that deal will be about in a year though but have noticed with vodafone recently they have changed their recordings to this new screechy sounding voice and it doesnt really sound professional.

Do you know why companies do that with voices on their automated services? Is it because the other person has now left the company and they cant use them anymore?

This happened with me when I was with Orange in 2007/2008. They used to have a lady with a really nice voice who sounded like Moira Stewart, and then they changed it to some chavvy voice.

There was many reasons for me leaving Orange, but that definitely contributed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    nockie3 wrote: »
    http://www.cisas.org.uk/

Just used them - Orange are shaking in their boots and now willing to terminate my contract (with 20months left) free of charge due to shocking 3G/2G speeds, calls straight to voice mail and delayed texts.

I would strongly recommend this route if you are having trouble with Orange (or any other telecoms company)

I went to the executive office with my complaint who still wouldn't budge or accept blame - but these guys seem to have conquered Orange!

Thank you for that link, i'm in cahoots with orange for their lack of signals etc and the fact i cant use my phone. Im not impressed, they were brilliant about 2 to 3 years ago, then i switched to o2 (never had a problem with o2!) and back to orange cos i still thought highly of them. Now i wouldnt recommend orange to anyone, people find it hard to get hold of me, messages/bbms are either delayed or not getting sent and calls being dropped. If they wont allow me out my contract and i've taken it as far as i can go i will be looking into that link you provided. I cant handle not being able to have a conversation or message someone without wondering if they have received it, or whether the call will be dropped for no reason, or whether someones been trying to call me and its not coming through. Orange have really dropped down in my estimations! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    mrrobward wrote: »
    Me and my girlfriend had problems with Vodafone about 2 months ago now, Had simular problems to you. I got refused a loan because they said they could'nt contact me. Vodafone is very expensive, I want to leave. I pay over £100 a month and get 500 minutes and 500 texts. I could pay that on 3 and get 1000's of minutes as my girlfriend would swap too. I am undecided wether to leave or not.

Have you heard of giffgaff? they use the o2 network & for £25 per month you get 1,500 mins per month, unlimited texts & unlimited data plus if you have friends or family on giffgaff the calls are free
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you heard of giffgaff? they use the o2 network & for £25 per month you get 1,500 mins per month, unlimited texts & unlimited data plus if you have friends or family on giffgaff the calls are free

You really replied to a 4 year old post to ask the poster if they have heard of GiffGaff. It wasn't even around 4 years ago when they posted their dilemma and I would have thought they have sorted their problem out now.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Hi guys,

I have only just picked up on this thread so apologies that I have jumped in so late on.

I can see that a few of you are experiencing issues or have questions regarding your contracts.

I am happy to help any of you personally, just drop me an email here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject and a link to your post on the thread.

Many thanks,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
  • Options
    nockie3nockie3 Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for that link, i'm in cahoots with orange for their lack of signals etc and the fact i cant use my phone. Im not impressed, they were brilliant about 2 to 3 years ago, then i switched to o2 (never had a problem with o2!) and back to orange cos i still thought highly of them. Now i wouldnt recommend orange to anyone, people find it hard to get hold of me, messages/bbms are either delayed or not getting sent and calls being dropped. If they wont allow me out my contract and i've taken it as far as i can go i will be looking into that link you provided. I cant handle not being able to have a conversation or message someone without wondering if they have received it, or whether the call will be dropped for no reason, or whether someones been trying to call me and its not coming through. Orange have really dropped down in my estimations! :mad:

Just to let you know that it has worked perfectly for me.

I now have my PAC code in my hands and I am seeking an alternative network.

Needless to say I wont be touching anything to to with 'Everything Everywhere' again!! Complete and utter waste of time!

Hopefully you will get similar results.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing orange issues are to do with the integration that's happening.. Should be resolved shortly. O2 hardly have a great record on reliability and with the worst 3G I'm wondering why people are using them or gafgaf!! lol

My Vodafone iPad connection was incredibly slow when I was down near London last week, kinda faster now but certainly seems as if Voda is struggling a bit.
  • Options
    Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    Steve™ wrote: »
    I dont disagree that its been a tough year for Vodafone in terms of network/technical issue.

Myself I've suffered with free weekends not working, dropped calls, delay in connection, unavailable hs despite signal and texts not arriving at destination. I guess the decision is do you switch to a network which isnt going through a huge transition (which one isnt?) and hope you dont get the same problems, or do you stick with what you have got and wait for the big improvement.

I have always found in my dealings with companies, that a letter to a Chairman/Director sent by registered mail has a desired effect if you are having issues and Customer Services are not taking your problems seriously.

Ooh look...me from 4 years ago lol

Anyway, happy to report that I have no probs with Vodafone now and the Sure Signal works brilliantly.

Mind, so does my Blackberry on T-Mobile with Everything Everywhere enabled:)

BUT, another mobile I have which is on Orange, does seem to have issues, so I dunno
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    richchall wrote: »
    Over the past few weeks I've been experience no end of network problems! This is something that never had with Vodafone as it's always had the strongest network coverage for me where I need it. I now have to carry my o2 phone.

Last night for example, phone with full 3g signal strength, but calling it would either received the standard BT 'the number you are calling is not in use' or number unobtainable tone. Not even a forward to Voicemail or 'phone not switched' on message. Anyone calling me would have assume my phone had been disconnected!!!

Also I've had:
    - Unable to make and receive calls (Network Busy) lasting several hours
    - Calls dropping mid conversation in full signal strength area
    - Can not make call on a 3g network and have to switch the phone to 2g
    - Digitised voice and have to redial

The Customer Service is less than helpful with the usual 'We don't currently have any network problem' translated: 'I'm an outsource call centre and can't be ar$ed to check'

Using a Nokia 6280 then upgraded to Nokia E65 and mainly use it in the TW1, W3, W5, TW3 areas.

Does Vodafone have a personal vendetta against me??? or is anyone else having problem??

ITS the problem normally faced by every man in life, its accoring whan weather is not good becouse in cloudy area signals are broken in way. you can try to call another area checked it is it your mobile problem or network.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I'd personally just keep complaining if your having issues like that.
  • Options
    FriedGoldFriedGold Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    My Vodafone internet is very hit and miss. The connection when it takes is lightning quick but it can sometimes take ages within the browser to grab the connection, often timing out frequently. Intensely irritating.