Toby Foster sacked???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
Forum Member
Very interesting twitter posts from BBC radio Sheffield breakfast presenter Toby Foster. A few hours ago he tweeted that he had gone to a meeting with a manager from the BBC and basically was sacked and called him the C word. These tweets have now been deleted and he is now saying this:
@TobyFoster: Phone ringing like mad. I've spent 11 years talking about S Yorks. If it finishes now , I'll be sad.

This one should be interesting

Comments

• darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/got-pretty-much-sacked-says-bbc-radio-sheffield-s-toby-foster-1-6310501

Toby's show is the only programe i listen to on radio sheffield,if he goes then i go !
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only listen to RS for the sport. However Toby has pissed off all the blades with his one sided 'specials' on blades who have done wrong but totally ignoring Owls who are currently doing jail time!! Goodbye!
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have a feeling hallam fm will snap toby up (just like steve white last year)
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been listening intermittently this morning and not heard a single word mentioned about him not being there so something's going off that we don't know about guess we'll be the last to find out.

If true it's sad for Toby after 11 years but now at last he'll know what Tony felt like who got it after 30 years.
  • PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    i have a feeling hallam fm will snap toby up (just like steve white last year)

Why would Hallam want someone who sounds like the MC at a Working Men's Club?

Steve White going back the other way though is not a bad shout.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheffield Forum has a 6 page thread on it, half hate him half love him. it's great reading.

I can't stand the bloke and ever since his "opinions" on Ched Evans and where our Arab millionaire was born and that country's laws.

Glad the fat git has lost his job. Waddle on Tubby Foster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always very much enjoyed Toby's shows.
    Without a shadow of any doubt, the best BBC local breakfast show in Yorkshire.
    I did always wish he had continued with the afternoon shows though, as the light relief of music and comedy always brightened up the end of my working day. Toby & Jamie Campbell (Producer) made a cracking afternoon team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    The news hasn't reached the BBC website...He's on the morning schedule for the rest of the week. So one of em has to be wrong.:confused:
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve P wrote: »
    The news hasn't reached the BBC website...He's on the morning schedule for the rest of the week. So one of em has to be wrong.:confused:

If all he's done is have a row and fall out with one of his bosses then that doesn't necessarily mean he's finished there knowing the beeb he probably has a hundred bosses, guess we'll find out soon what's really happened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    From Radio Sheffield Facebook page:

Thank you to those getting in touch asking what has happened to Toby Foster. The BBC has issued the following statement:

"Toby Foster is currently suspended from his role as presenter of the breakfast show on BBC Radio Sheffield. The BBC does not condone the offensive language used by Toby in his Twitter feed which was directed at a member of BBC staff. Toby has offered a full apology to his colleagues and the public for those comments."

Paul Walker will be presenting breakfast 7-10am next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Confirmed on the BBC Radio Sheffield Facebook Page, Toby Foster will be back on Radio Sheffield Monday 27th January at 7am

Great News!