Connecting Homechoice to a 9200t

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
Forum Member
Hi there,

Has anyone found any interesting ways to connect a homechoice set-top box to a humax 9200t?

Ideally, I'd like the sound to go through the humax. The homechoice set-top has no audio out and I'd like to somehow get sound to my home cinema amp without having to switch to basic TV sound.

Also, I'd like to find a way to record programmes from homechoice onto the humax. is this possible?

Anyway, your ideas are welcome!

Graham

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    1 - Hummy can only record what's being broadcast via Freeview, there is no other "input" facility.

2 - Watching picture from Homechoice with sound from Freeview would probably not work as I very much doubt they would be in synch. However, why would you want to do this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    jda180hm wrote:
    2 - Watching picture from Homechoice with sound from Freeview would probably not work as I very much doubt they would be in synch. However, why would you want to do this?

No no, you miss understand me a little. I would like the sound from the homechoice box to go to my cinema amp. So either I need a splitter from set-top box scart or i need to find a way to connect to my humax so that the sound can come via the same device.

Does that make sense?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I don't know much about Homechoice.

Doesn't it have a scart output? Can't you just connect this to the Humax?

Ian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    maddoguk wrote:
    No no, you miss understand me a little. I would like the sound from the homechoice box to go to my cinema amp. So either I need a splitter from set-top box scart or i need to find a way to connect to my humax so that the sound can come via the same device.

Does that make sense?

Sorry - I understand now, but without copies all the relevant instruction guides, don't think I'll be much help - I had enough trouble working out which way to connect DVD player, antique VCR, Hummy and LCD TV with two scarts plus S-VHS.

Have you tried ths link ?http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

It might have a similar set up.

Just a thought...

Jonathan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might be able to the Scart passthrough might also go through the audio out, this worked on my previous box for VCRs (but I havn't tried it with the humax as I don't really use the VCR any more).

You can get SCART cables that have audio leads coming out anyway (as the audio is sent in the same way just on pins rather than phono plugs).