Options

Madonna WILL be performing at the 56th Grammy Awards!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's confirmed she's performing Same Love with Macklemore. Should be interesting to say the least
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyonce is apparently doing Drunk In Love.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    so its fine for the inevitable "granny" comments coming from the noted minougue fans, but totally unacceptable for anyone to dare suggest that one has been more successful than the other.:confused:

despite her age and the fact that her commercial dominance is behind her, madonna remains a true commodity within the music industry on a worldwide basis. of course, the grammy's would offer her a performance slot on that basis.

No GPK I was commenting on the hypocrisy actually. I am well aware KM hasn't had as successful a career that was not what I was riling against.

It was again the martyred Madonna fan with their '' Bitter Kylie fan attacking madge fro being old, but then KM is an unsuccessful hasbeen'' You see my issue ;-)
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    No GPK I was commenting on the hypocrisy actually. I am well aware KM hasn't had as successful a career that was not what I was riling against.

It was again the martyred Madonna fan with their '' Bitter Kylie fan attacking madge fro being old, but then KM is an unsuccessful hasbeen'' You see my issue ;-)

i read the bitter fan bit, but not the bit about kylie being an unsuccessful has been.:confused: i do agree though, the use of the word bitter was a bit strong, but there is no denying that the poster who was being described is a confirmed kylie fan with an obvious dislike for madonna. unfortunately, as always, there's clearly hypocrisy on both sides.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i read the bitter fan bit, but not the bit about kylie being an unsuccessful has been.:confused: i do agree though, the use of the word bitter was a bit strong, but there is no denying that the poster who was being described is a confirmed kylie fan with an obvious dislike for madonna. unfortunately, as always, there's clearly hypocrisy on both sides.

I agree that person was in the wrong, but you cannot criticise the actions of one person, then immediately copy them yourself that was my issue. Both sides need to grow up, as ironically M and K put this behind them years ago.

And Macklemore collab would be disappointing would be just a chorus unless she wants to try rapping again :o:D.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that person was in the wrong, but you cannot criticise the actions of one person, then immediately copy them yourself that was my issue. Both sides need to grow up, as ironically M and K put this behind them years ago.

And Macklemore collab would be disappointing would be just a chorus unless she wants to try rapping again :o:D.

We know she is appearing with Macklemore but we don't know if she is just doing the chorus of their song. It is possible she would also do a portion of one of her own songs with them. In the past on the Grammys, when they have collaborations they tend to do songs by both artists involved.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i agree and like i said, the hypocrisy is on both sides. i wouldn't and didn't defend the actions of the subsequent posts, because two wrongs don't make a right imo.

madonna and kylie have never had any issues with each other as far as i am aware of, but some elements of both fan bases have always rowed like cat and dog for whatever reason.:D personally, i think its great that both of them are still doing what they love.

i am looking forward to the performance, apparently from a visual prospective, its going to be quite powerful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna has entered the building! :cool:

Cannot wait to see this...typical of Madonna it will be visually captivating and powerful ...cannot wait to hear her belt out with such emotion with these guys...cannot wait...been a while since her last grammys...2006 performance with gorillaz was just stunning! Cannot wait for this one.

As for Madonna and Kylie...some minors in both fanbases just are not accepting of other artists...and it is rediculous...I am not the biggest Kylie fan but damn i respect her and love some of ehr albums (Impossible Princess is freaking great, love KM 94, Fever and Body Language too and X has some corkers as does Light Years) and Kylie is doing a good job in her mid 40s showing she still has it...and Into The Blue while not "wow" in a production/lyrical way it is a lovely song and took a while for me to grasp but i see her doing well...also Kiss Me Once sounds like it will be a VERRRY Dirrrdee album ;) and heard she has worked with Charlie XCX and SKy Ferreira producer Ariel...so cannot wait to hear those ones!

Anyways peace out guys....will watch grammys for M...also Daft Punk will be amazing too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else wish it was Macklemore featuring Frank Ocean performing the song?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for this performance. Madonna always causes a massive media frenzy whenever she is going to perform, I think that is amazing, considering she is now over 30 years into her career, don't underestimate the power of Madonna ;)

But I am surprised that she has only ever performed at the Grammy's twice so far, I would have thought she would have appeared quite a few times by now. I hope there's a slight hint in her performance tonight about the direction she is going with her new album too :)
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyonce is apparently doing Drunk In Love.

all but confirmed that she's opening the show with Drunk in Love & Jay-Z
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this performance. Madonna always causes a massive media frenzy whenever she is going to perform, I think that is amazing, considering she is now over 30 years into her career, don't underestimate the power of Madonna ;)

But I am surprised that she has only ever performed at the Grammy's twice so far, I would have thought she would have appeared quite a few times by now. I hope there's a slight hint in her performance tonight about the direction she is going with her new album too :)

Totally...you can tell it is going to be epic in scope as it is pre-performance....will wake up tomorrow and she would have performed it and i will find out when i log on :cool:

I would adore it if there were hints to her next album/era visually and stylistically...and ireckon 2014 will be that complete transition...i feel she has been in transition mode for he past 5 years or so finding herself....we shall see soon....and i cannot wait!
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all but confirmed that she's opening the show with Drunk in Love & Jay-Z

12 minute set apparently! I'm excited!
  • Options
    RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was rather good! I don't like Open Your Heart slowed down that much though... her voice on that song was okay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6OVxPiZQDc

Hate to be a typical fan, but she sounded a LOT more soulful than Mary Lambert when she sang the lines of Same Love.