Women wins payout from leisure centre

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Breast feeding is a precious bond between mother and baby and should be done in private.

Thankfully, both British law and common sense disagree with you.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is quite natural; as is defeacating or having sexual relations; but we don't do so at the edge of a public paddling pool.

Why do you compare eating with shitting and sex? Bet you still want mums to feed in the public toilets!

Eating is natural and thank god these days breast feeding in public is acceptable.. even at the dinner table

No one as far as I am aware has said she was OK to do it on those steps..
  • TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts exactly, Pasty face. Attention seeking women who choose to breastfeed their babies in unhygienic places should be fined, not compensated. Breast feeding is a precious bond between mother and baby and should be done in private.

Just as well the law recognises the child's right to be breastfed and the mothers right to do just that without public interference. I see nothing 'attention seeking' about feeding a baby when it is hungry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is quite natural; as is defeacating or having sexual relations; but we don't do so at the edge of a public paddling pool.

The baby was eating, not having sexual relations or defecating :confused:
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she had previously been in the water, and had not washed herself, it was probably more akin to eating without first washing your hands or giving a baby a bottle without sterilising it first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    If she had previously been in the water, and had not washed herself, it was probably more akin to eating without first washing your hands or giving a baby a bottle without sterilising it first.

I think that is a moot point when the baby probably swallowed pool water anyway. We take the little ones swimming and they are under as much as floating :D
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taglet wrote: »
    You do know its much more likely for a formula fed baby to chuck up small amounts of sick at any time whereas its much rarer for breast fed babies to be sick at all, dont you? If you are that neurotic about hygiene then its best not to enter the pool at all as there will be all sorts of debris floating about. Its why they add chlorine.

You do know that a baby will vomit weather it's bottle or breast fed don't ya? To state that it's rarer for a breast fed baby to be sick at all is a fallacy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »
    You do know that a baby will vomit weather it's bottle or breast fed don't ya? To state that it's rarer for a breast fed baby to be sick at all is a fallacy.

You do realise that the NHS agrees with what I have said....don't ya?

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/why-breastfeed.aspx#close
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »

Yeah but wasn't this baby about 8 months old? Not like a newborn who possets - they pretty much keep whatever it is they're drinking down by then.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    Yeah but wasn't this baby about 8 months old? Not like a newborn who possets - they pretty much keep whatever it is they're drinking down by then.

My son didnt as I can veryfiy. He was still projectiling, he got me and his mum all down us one time. He was a stubbon child to wind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    My son didnt as I can veryfiy. He was still projectiling, he got me and his mum all down us one time. He was a stubbon child to wind.

Must have been a late developer. The chucking up argument is irrelevant anyway because it seems that most babies (and children for that matter) chuck up at some point.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And if this woman's baby was like your son then I'm sure she wouldn't have tried to feed her in the pool... The mum, the person who was feeding the baby, is best placed to know whether or not her 8 month old still throws up after a feed.

The fact that they didn't want to let her feed on a bench beside the pool either suggests to me that the staff had an issue with breastfeeding rather than any possible safety/hygiene issues with the location.
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure there's always an exception, but most aren't projectile vomiting at 8 months - unless it's reflux or they've got a bug.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find this comment quite offensive, how can you compare breastfeeding to defecating and sex? Yes they are 'natural' but you wouldnt do them in the middle of town - or in this case at the side of a swimming pool? Breastfeeding is natural and should be allowed ANYWHERE!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »

Nope my child was 11 months before he stopped throwing up every feed
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LuverlyAJ wrote: »
    It's an opinion about the topic, you're judging me, that's against the rules

Mocking a FM is also against the rules

Nobody on the forum said anything about, or even close to resembling, mortal sin,

Yes. them.

So is being a PBU Damanda, but lets have one rule for you and one for others eh?

How's that high horse these days?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I really don't find breastfeeding in public acceptable. We are no longer living in caves, we are civilised and I don't want to be accosted by images of crude aspects of our biology in public. It's the same as defecation, I don't want to see it in public.
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member

Breathing is natural too and we do that everywhere all the time.
    Forum Member
    I like your user name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel Lisa wrote: »
    Nope my child was 11 months before he stopped throwing up every feed
    That is your child, most children dont at that age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    I like your user name.

:D .
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see no reason why she could not have sat on the benches at the side either before or after. She was in the wrong to start with, the manager was in the wrong to finish with.

Totally agree with the above. I've absolutely no issue whatever with women breastfeeding babies in public, but there was a potential health and safety issue with her feeding the child on the steps of the pool, where body fluids might have escaped into the pool. Any risk was negligible, but even so, she should have sat down on the benches as you say.

I imagine she did this simply without thinking. All that was needed was a quick friendly word of advice, but the pool attendant instead took a ridiculously high handed attitude, and was wrong to indicate that the young Mum's actions were "offensive".
    Forum Member
    This has gone into the realms of silly now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red_Wine wrote: »
    I really don't find breastfeeding in public acceptable. We are no longer living in caves, we are civilised and I don't want to be accosted by images of crude aspects of our biology in public. It's the same as defecation, I don't want to see it in public.

So you see eating and drinking is uncivilized, crude and the same as defecation? :o Life must be tough for you...have you thought of seeking some help?
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    This has gone into the realms of silly now.

Says the guy who made a completely off topic post about somebody's user name ^_^