All-star cast announced on July 27th

dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Do we think there is ANY hope of getting this back on UK television??? Especially as its the All Star series??? (or less than nil?)
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully. As far as I'm aware, we've only missed the last few spring seasons, but we've got the fall seasons, and since this is a fall season, we may hopefully get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those rumored in some way so far:
    Kelly Monaco (S1 winner) - said she's gonna need help with something announced on Friday
    Stacy Keibler (S2 finalist) - played quite coy about the whole situation
    Drew Lachey (S2 winner) - would be open to doing it again
    Joey Lawrence (S3 semi-finalist) - been campaigning on Twitter
    Mel B (S5 finalist) - apparently, she's a done deal, but has also signed onto The X Factor in Australia...
    Gilles Marini (S8 finalist) - has said he'll 'probably' do it
    Lance Bass (S7 finalist) - early rumor
    Melissa Rycroft (S8 finalist) - early rumor
    Kelly Osbourne (S9 finalist) - early rumor
    Bristol Palin (S11 finalist) - seems to look more likely, one source called her confirmed
    Kyle Massey (S11 finalist) - early rumor
    Carson Kressley (S13 contestant) - suspicious tweet

Tom Bergeron has also tweeted that they'll be announcing all but one star on Friday, and that's when we get to work...so maybe we vote on the final star as a wildcard? Which explains Kelly's help.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excuse my ignorance, but I haven't seen an All Star series before - do they dance with their original partners and, if so, what happens if there are two contestants who had the same partner?
  • RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We haven't had an All Star Season before so we are all in the same dark boat here - its all anyones guess at the moment :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria Menounos' latest tweet sounds like she'll be back paired with Derek:

maria menounos ?@mariamenounos
    Long day...but have to say the highlight was being back in the dance studio w/ @derekhough. So excited to be dancing again!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, she really let that one out the bag! It seems really obvious and I'm trying to work out if she's tricking us in some sorts, but if she's let it out then that's quite a surprise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Wow, she really let that one out the bag! It seems really obvious and I'm trying to work out if she's tricking us in some sorts, but if she's let it out then that's quite a surprise.

Well I didn't include her next tweet since I wasn't sure she was referring to DWTS or some other big announcement, but a few minutes after tweeting the above, she then tweeted:

maria menounos ‏@mariamenounos
    Big announcement tomorrow am! Didn't know till just now it's goin wide! Stay tuned!

btw Howard Stern went ballistic on his show last week. Over an article in the DailyMail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8glZEHNPbw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I didn't include her next tweet since I wasn't sure she was referring to DWTS or some other big announcement, but a few minutes after tweeting the above, she then tweeted:

maria menounos ‏@mariamenounos
    Big announcement tomorrow am! Didn't know till just now it's goin wide! Stay tuned!

btw Howard Stern went ballistic on his show last week. Over an article in the DailyMail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8glZEHNPbw

Hmm, the announcement's in 2 days, but I'm kinda growing suspicions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, the announcement's in 2 days, but I'm kinda growing suspicions.

Well the big announcement is that Oxygen is producing Maria's docuseries.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/oxygen-orders-maria-menounos-docuseries/

No idea what that means in relation to her tweet about dancing with Derek again. Are they dancing just for her Docuseries and not for Season 15? We'll just have to wait and see. (I hate this waiting.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the big announcement is that Oxygen is producing Maria's docuseries.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/oxygen-orders-maria-menounos-docuseries/

No idea what that means in relation to her tweet about dancing with Derek again. Are they dancing just for her Docuseries and not for Season 15? We'll just have to wait and see. (I hate this waiting.)

Same! It's too long for me :D I'm going on holiday on Friday and I don't think I'll be able to leave without knowing :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same! It's too long for me :D I'm going on holiday on Friday and I don't think I'll be able to leave without knowing :p

Unless this article is mistaken--or refers to old DWTS footage--(which I now think it does since it refers to her interviewing the Obamas and refers to hear "beating the finalists on DWTS") it says:

"Joining Oxygen’s authentic and aspirational originals such as the critically-acclaimed “The Glee Project,” is an untitled docu-series that follows Maria Menounos, as she juggles her eclectic Hollywood career hosting “Extra,” starring on “Dancing With The Stars” and wrestling for the WWE, and her not so Hollywood home life living with her longtime boyfriend and strict Greek immigrant parents who demand marriage and grandchildren."

Further down on the page:

"Life is a family affair in “The Untitled Maria Menounos Project,” a docu-series that will take viewers on an unforgettable and funny trip into Maria Menounos’ world. At work, Menounos can interview the Obamas, beat the finalists on “Dancing with the Stars” and pin the WWE Women’s Champion, but at home, it’s a whole different story. Her partner/boyfriend of 14 years wants to get married, her traditional Greek immigrant parents want grandchildren and breadwinner Menounos just wants a vacation. This docu-series will show a Hollywood family…that’s not so Hollywood at all. Produced by Left/Right with Ken Druckerman, Banks Tarver, and Angie Day serving as Executive Producers along with Maria Menounos and Keven Undergaro, “The Untitled Maria Menounos Project” is scheduled to air in 2013."

http://tvfilmnews.com/oxygen-adds-new-programs-including-my-shopping-addiction/

So nothing here hints at her being on Season 15 despite the DWTS mention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless this article is mistaken--or refers to old DWTS footage--(which I now think it does since it refers to her interviewing the Obamas and refers to hear "beating the finalists on DWTS") it says:

"Joining Oxygen’s authentic and aspirational originals such as the critically-acclaimed “The Glee Project,” is an untitled docu-series that follows Maria Menounos, as she juggles her eclectic Hollywood career hosting “Extra,” starring on “Dancing With The Stars” and wrestling for the WWE, and her not so Hollywood home life living with her longtime boyfriend and strict Greek immigrant parents who demand marriage and grandchildren."

Further down on the page:

"Life is a family affair in “The Untitled Maria Menounos Project,” a docu-series that will take viewers on an unforgettable and funny trip into Maria Menounos’ world. At work, Menounos can interview the Obamas, beat the finalists on “Dancing with the Stars” and pin the WWE Women’s Champion, but at home, it’s a whole different story. Her partner/boyfriend of 14 years wants to get married, her traditional Greek immigrant parents want grandchildren and breadwinner Menounos just wants a vacation. This docu-series will show a Hollywood family…that’s not so Hollywood at all. Produced by Left/Right with Ken Druckerman, Banks Tarver, and Angie Day serving as Executive Producers along with Maria Menounos and Keven Undergaro, “The Untitled Maria Menounos Project” is scheduled to air in 2013."

http://tvfilmnews.com/oxygen-adds-new-programs-including-my-shopping-addiction/

So nothing here hints at her being on Season 15 despite the DWTS mention.

Phew! Derek has had so many good partners and Maria certainly isn't one of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been reported in Entertainment Weekly that we'll be seeing Joey Fatone, Melissa Rycroft and Pamela Anderson again. I hope Pamela's true especially, since I really liked her on the show and she went too soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been reported in Entertainment Weekly that we'll be seeing Joey Fatone, Melissa Rycroft and Pamela Anderson again. I hope Pamela's true especially, since I really liked her on the show and she went too soon.

Yes, Pam wasn't a bad dancer and she seemed surprisingly sweet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rotationbl wrote: »
    Yes, Pam wasn't a bad dancer and she seemed surprisingly sweet.

I really liked Pam too! Although some fans would complain (like they do about everything) that she only came in 6th and how would that quallify yada yada.

EW also heard Carson Kressley is one of the choices for the last slot? Hmmm Trying to figure who might be the other two in that case.

ETA: Looks like Season 15 will be Derek's last season (if he's on): http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/07/derek-hough-to-retire-from-dancing-with-the-stars/1#.UBGmGI75G1x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drew Lachey
    Donny Osmond
    Mario Lopez
    Joey Fatone
    Kyle Massey
    Gilles Marini

Mel B
    Pamela Anderson
    Maria Menounous
    Stacy Keibler

Of those names, I have to say I'm especially excited for Mel, Pamela, Stacy and Kyle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like Shawn Johnson may be on All Stars. If not, there's something else up for her tomorrow

(She did tag it #OlympicsTODAY):

Shawn Johnson ‏@ShawnJohnson
    I wish I could tell you all now!!! I'm busting at the seams!!!

Shawn Johnson ‏@ShawnJohnson
    Tomorrow is going 2be a HUMUNGOUS day...In more ways then one! Youre DEFINITELY going to want to follow close! Im talkin BIG! #OlympicsTODAY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's saying in more ways than one.......so maybe one reason is the Olympics beginning and the other is DWTS announcement? :eek:

I'm still not sure how accurate the NY Daily is. I really want Mel B to do it but I don't think she'll be able to, because isn't she doing The X Factor Australia?
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Official cast:

Apolo Anton Ohno
    Bristol Palin
    Drew Lachey
    Emmitt Smith
    Gilles Marini
    Helio Castroneves
    Joey Fatone
    Kelly Monaco
    Kirstie Alley
    Melissa Rycroft
    Pamela Anderson
    Shawn Johnson

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/cast-announcement/cast-announcement/media/
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    No Mel B :(

Pamela seems an unusual choice as she didn't last that long, but she begged to do Strictly last year so I guess she just has the dancing bug!
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to ABC twitter

All-Star edition of #DWTS celebs (Pt 1): Pamela Anderson, Kelly Monaco, Shawn Johnson, Joey Fatone, Helio Castroneves, Bristol Palin

All-Star edition of #DWTS celebs (Pt 2): Gilles Marini, Drew Lachey, Apollo Ono, Kirstie Alley, Melissa Rycroft, Emmitt Smith + one more

First time ever, fans will get to vote in the final celeb contestant on #DWTS - will it be @SabrinaBryan @CarsonKressley or @kylemassey1991
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who will they partner with? I wonder when we will find out.

Who do you think should partner Apolo or Helio with Julianne gone?
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Bristol also seems a strange choice because the comments on the ABC website seem to suggest she isn't popular with the majority of fans. (if so, how did she get to the final?)
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bristol also seems a strange choice because the comments on the ABC website seem to suggest she isn't popular with the majority of fans. (if so, how did she get to the final?)

Bristol was very polarizing. Her fanbase was huge, but virtually everyone else hated her. I think a lot of it was because of Mummy.