Options

Shane Filan first album as solo artist, your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane is also climbing up the Amazon chart:

Standard: #42
    Deluxe #61
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    He's number 11 on Sainsbury's online chart and 11 on Asda chart. Not sure if it is looking like he will go top 10, have to wait for midweeks
  • Options
    coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    word of mouth... from the online fans...

shane needs it :) since many are seemingly against him! so disappointed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm noticing that a lot of the bad reviews seem to have a dislike for Westlife. I know from experience when you go in expecting to dislike an album you are much more likely to find faults. The same reviewer insulted Westlife in Union J album review so clearly is not a fan

very unprofessional, subjective review!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    itunes - #14 to #16

amazon - #40 - #60

what else? can we conclude on those charts positions that top 10 slot is quite not possible as of this time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    itunes - #14 to #16

amazon - #40 - #60

what else? can we conclude on those charts positions that top 10 slot is quite not possible as of this time?

What edition did you look on Amazon, because he is now:

Standard #57
    Deluxe #44

That is pretty steady from yesterday. Plus, he is now #14 again on iTunes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    What edition did you look on Amazon, because he is now:

Standard #57
    Deluxe #44

That is pretty steady from yesterday. Plus, he is now #14 again on iTunes.

i think we have seen the same source..what i mean is he is ranging from 40 to 60 in amazon for the past days... anyways that's cool! i hope he continues to climb up...

can i just ask, can the tabulation of his overall album sales and chart position next week includes the EP sales...? cause i remember it was number 1 in itunes in ireland and uk before... and number 1 also in amazon...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I thought you meant he slipped from 40 to 60, my bad :)

But he is still climbing:

Standard #30
    Deluxe #55

I don't think I understood your question properly, you are asking is his EP sales are combined with album sales? If that is the case, that doesn't count.
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken it looks like Shanes album is #4 in the midweeks! I'm actually in shock as none of his placements on any site looked great! He must have gotten a lot of pre-orders through his official site! That will mean he'll probably drop and we have to remember Eminems album was released today so he'll slid down another place anyway, hopefully he will get that top 10 though, I'm really happy for him right now though. Also, according to Louis he's #1 in Ireland and the Phillipines midweeks which is great news!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I wasn't expecting to see him at #4 in midweeks, that is great! I hope he stays in Top 10 by the end of the week - I think it is very good he is very steady holding the 14th place in the UK iTunes chart.

Here is a trailer from his documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLFHCwOJbNc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Wow, he was truly heartbroken backstage after the Westlife concert, sad to see that. He kept it together on stage while Kian bawled his eyes out during the last song, I guess it hit them very hard when the curtain fell down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88, yes you got my question correctly, so ep sales is not combined with the album sales... i thought it is.

anyway, wow! #4 in the midweek... i hope he stays cause i remember with everything to me, in the midweek he is number 7 and fell down to 14 after. i hope the album stays on the top 10! yes!

NUMBER 1 IN IRELAND and PHILIPPINES :) cool
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken it looks like Shanes album is #4 in the midweeks! I'm actually in shock as none of his placements on any site looked great! He must have gotten a lot of pre-orders through his official site! That will mean he'll probably drop and we have to remember Eminems album was released today so he'll slid down another place anyway, hopefully he will get that top 10 though, I'm really happy for him right now though. Also, according to Louis he's #1 in Ireland and the Phillipines midweeks which is great news!

how do you know the midweek charts?? pls share :) thanks
  • Options
    iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 Eminem 73k *
    2 James Arthur 37,6k *
    3 Tinie Tempah 17k *
    4 Andre Rieu 14,1k *
    5 Shane Filan 11,4k *

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=159417&st=80&start=80

Really happy with the midweek sales number. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to see him at no.5. Considering everything, I think sales are not that bad - Eminem is huge while James had a huge media promo and everything. Am I right? I mean, the album sales have been dreadful all year.

This is slightly off topic, but I have to say I am very glad to finally see very high sales (Eminem) in the album chart - he could easily reach 130K if he keeps it up.

I would love to see Shane pass 20K.
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow at Eminems sales, he had a day less too!
    I'm really happy with Shanes sales, I expected that for his Sunday total in this climate so I'm actually chuffed with that! I don't think The Overtones will be far behind though, they were out of stock on Amazon yesterday so are at a bit of an unfair disadvantage, so I can see them overtaking him by Sunday. Slightly shocked he's ahead of The Wanted too! Hopefully he'll can close in on the 20k mark and his sales don't die off. I wonder when he'll announce single #3 as they seem to be completely ignoring 'About You' lol. >.<
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really chuffed with that position! Considering who he is behind as well I think that's great. But i'm more worried about Sunday. As a lot of his sales maybe from preorders from his site. Hoping he stays top 10!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow! i'd like to hold on what has been said here that the usual sales for a top 10 slot is 8000 above..

hoping a lot for the top 10 slot!!! :)

he is down in uk itunes at 19 :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    Wow at Eminems sales, he had a day less too!
    I'm really happy with Shanes sales, I expected that for his Sunday total in this climate so I'm actually chuffed with that! I don't think The Overtones will be far behind though, they were out of stock on Amazon yesterday so are at a bit of an unfair disadvantage, so I can see them overtaking him by Sunday. Slightly shocked he's ahead of The Wanted too! Hopefully he'll can close in on the 20k mark and his sales don't die off. I wonder when he'll announce single #3 as they seem to be completely ignoring 'About You' lol. >.<

i hope KNEE DEEP IN MY HEART or IN THE END. as of now, basing solely on the itunes chart position, KNEE DEEP IN MY HEART has the most potential to be a bigger hit than the two previous released single. it is consistent to be charting higher in different countries. it sound really better and refreshing.

i also love in the end, ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW is surely to be released, cause it is shane's favorite and the song actually speaks totally about shane's current feelings, a very emotional and personal song indeed,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #24 in uk itunes :(

shane once tweeted that he hopes to retain the position of the album at number 5 ..

i hope the physical sales is still consistent to retain at least top 10......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not surprised at all he is slipping down the iTunes chart. He has done some promo that was good like Lorreine and Late Late show but he hasn't appeared on major shows like X Factor, Dancing With The Stars, Johnathan Ross, Alan Carr - those would help a lot.

I am sure this just wasn't possible because if it was, I'm sure Capitol Records would make it happen. This is it for the UK as he went to Asia yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He is slipping but then so are the Wanted so fingers crossed he can keep top 10. I think there is another chart update today, so have to see what that says.

Regardless I think he has done well, as if he had released last week he would already guaranteed be top 10 as he sold more than the person at number 7 last week already, i'm sure the record company will be aware of that.

Nervous to see where he charts in Ireland today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if this is true - hope it is:

http://***********.com/2013/11/08/celebrity-news-the-wanted-shane-filan-heading-for-album-chart-top-10/

Meanwhile Shane Filan will be thrilled to learn that his debut solo album “You and Me” is on course to drop into the chart at No.4 or No.5.

Could it be that he hasn't slipped? I think they are wrong, but I hope they are not :D

EDIT: They were RIGHT, YES!

1 Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2 *
    2 James Arthur - James Arthur *
    3 Tinie Tempah - Demonstration *
    4 André Rieu & His Johann Strauss Orchestra - Music Of The Night
    5 Shane Filan - You And Me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Don't know if this is true - hope it is:

http://***********.com/2013/11/08/celebrity-news-the-wanted-shane-filan-heading-for-album-chart-top-10/

Meanwhile Shane Filan will be thrilled to learn that his debut solo album “You and Me” is on course to drop into the chart at No.4 or No.5.

Could it be that he hasn't slipped? I think they are wrong, but I hope they are not :D

EDIT: They were RIGHT, YES!

1 Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2 *
    2 James Arthur - James Arthur *
    3 Tinie Tempah - Demonstration *
    4 André Rieu & His Johann Strauss Orchestra - Music Of The Night
    5 Shane Filan - You And Me

That's amazing news!!! Starting to think he will definitely be at least top 10 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is #3 in Ireland, that is also great!