Options

I think Michael could win this

chickseechicksee Posts: 1,723
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He's come out with some great one liners and in my opinion is one of the funniest in there in his own quiet way.
Would really like to see him win this.

Comments

• Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I'd love to think so. He really is funny and a great sport.
  • Options
    itsJoeitsJoe Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to think that he might. Unlike Jimmy, he can be funny (not that Jimmy was always particularly funny) without being in-your-face. Who'd have thunked that Michael Buerk would have a dry sense of humour. Funny bloke, and very observant, as should be expected given his chosen field. I'm not sure about the parrot legs though :D I just hope he doesn't lose to much more weight, he should have bulked up a bit before the show, he's looking worryingly skeletal.
  • Options
    daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    According to a lot of people of here he is one of the "oldies" and doesn't stand a snowflake. I think he is one of the REAL ones in there and I will be voting for him.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's my fave, I like his dry sense of humour - and he saw straight through Kendra's antics! :)
  • Options
    PerarduamollyPerarduamolly Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I think he is very impressive and seems to be a nice man who is very observant of the foibles of the more attention-seeking contestants. They all seem very fond of him. It would be an awful shame if his age went against him.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I think he could too. Since Craig Charles left, Michael is by far my favourite. He is intelligent, funny, and interesting, and not nearly as irascible as I had thought he might be. He's not standoffish, his double act with Tinchy is cute, and he doesn't divide opinion in the way that, for example, Edwina does. I'd say Michael would be a worthy winner.
  • Options
    SweetiecatSweetiecat Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I really think he could win or at least get to the final 3.

I don't think his age will do him any harm, they've been oldies in the finals in recent years and he's really come into his own over the past few days ( a bit like a David Emmanuel last year)

The parrot challenge was hilarious and I thought it was interesting that the showed Michael working in camp during Edwina's musings. He's obviously not somebody who sits around doing nothing all day and his 'friendship' with Tinchy which has continued since their first meeting at the hotel is lovely.

I would really like him to win.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Michael. He seems very sincere, and not putting on an act for the cameras! Loved his 'rapping' with Tinchey - just proves he is open minded enough to take an interest in people from different interests and backgrounds
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    I think he is very impressive and seems to be a nice man who is very observant of the foibles of the more attention-seeking contestants. They all seem very fond of him. It would be an awful shame if his age went against him.

I pretty much always prefer the older contestants on these type of reality shows. Does Celeb have quite young voters in general and would this impact on the final result?

I'm trying to think back to previous winners and I can only remember a few but some of them have been older contestants - Tony Blackburn, Christopher Biggins, Joe Pasquale (not really that old I suppose, maybe late 40s at the time?), Carol Thatcher (again not that old maybe, not sure).

Who else has won? A couple of young guys from Busted or McFly or whoever.

In any case, I think once a few louder contestants go then Michael (if he's still in) will come more to the fore. Same goes for Tinchy.

(Just googled and the last 6 winners have all been pretty young.)
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's getting my vote :cool:
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he'll win but he's getting my vote too.
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweetiecat wrote: »
    I agree. I really think he could win or at least get to the final 3.

I don't think his age will do him any harm, they've been oldies in the finals in recent years and he's really come into his own over the past few days ( a bit like a David Emmanuel last year)

The parrot challenge was hilarious and I thought it was interesting that the showed Michael working in camp during Edwina's musings. He's obviously not somebody who sits around doing nothing all day and his 'friendship' with Tinchy which has continued since their first meeting at the hotel is lovely.

I would really like him to win.

This was confirmed on Ant & Dec's twitter
    antanddec @antanddec ·
    @glindoe: no mention of who washes pots or collects wood for fire. Does someone do it for them?”

No. They take turns. Michael does a lot D
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Edwina could give him a run for his money.

She sure has Kendra's number. :D
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was not a fan but I am warming to him .

Hanky Panky...I think that will follow him for some time .lol
    http://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_xCIWKw4_gz8iGnjz87aby_XDhn4mC4KoHoza0b-QtHg.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Edwina could give him a run for his money.

She sure has Kendra's number. :D
    I think she probably does have a fair amount of support at the moment, but she is a much more divisive character than Michael, and she is more likely to do or say something controversial and shoot herself in the foot between now and the end of the series.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I think she probably does have a fair amount of support at the moment, but she is a much more divisive character than Michael, and she is more likely to do or say something controversial and shoot herself in the foot between now and the end of the series.

Of course!
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im expecting him to go in the next couple of days
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny Bond was nicer, tougher and more interesting than bland monotone Michael, and she couldn't win- so I doubt if he can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    Jenny Bond was nicer, tougher and more interesting than bland monotone Michael, and she couldn't win- so I doubt if he can.

Jenny Bond the Royal correspondent ? Can't recall that she was tougher, nicer or more interesting. Certainly hadn't had a more interesting career and sometimes seemed confused about meeting royalty not meaning that one is related to them.

I agree that Muchael is unlikely to win though, unfortunately.
  • Options
    D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best of a sorry bunch. My winner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JVS wrote: »
    I don't agree that she was nicer or more interesting. She may have been tougher but that wouldn't make her more appealing to me. I didn't actively dislike Jennie Bond but I never really warmed to her and, in fact, found her quite a cold character herself. Also, there were probably more appealing characters in that series, whereas there aren't in this series.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I won't mind Michael winning, he seems a good sort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admire his work, too. He was a brave bloke but very compassionate, too.
  • Options
    chickseechicksee Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made me chuckle when Kendra shouted to someone "get the f**k up here" and he said "who could resist such an offer"