Liam Payne : A Miserable Sod

13»

Comments

• SeanHunterSeanHunter Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is 1000% bang on the money with this one.

At the auditions stage, this forum was buzzing with Liam Payne fan threads, but the more people have seen of him, the less they like him. He thinks he's way too good to be stuck in a group, but in reality he's not really cut out to be any kind of pop star at all. No charisma, no character, no edge - just a middle class mummy's boy who's been told he's special.

Zain is by far the best looking, but the real surprise has been the emergence of Harry as the real leader of the group - he is cheeky, a great singer, and does have a kind of natural sparky charisma that is impossible not to like.

Liam looks like he'd be a lot happier getting extra tuition somewhere for A Level maths. He's a real buzzkill.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SeanHunter wrote: »
    I agree with the OP. Liam is a miserable sod. He looks like a gormless teddy bear.

I think that huge birthmark/mole thing on his neck should break off and go solo. If Cher can get this far...
    The OP is 1000% bang on the money with this one.

At the auditions stage, this forum was buzzing with Liam Payne fan threads, but the more people have seen of him, the less they like him. He thinks he's way too good to be stuck in a group, but in reality he's not really cut out to be any kind of pop star at all. No charisma, no character, no edge - just a middle class mummy's boy who's been told he's special.

Zain is by far the best looking, but the real surprise has been the emergence of Harry as the real leader of the group - he is cheeky, a great singer, and does have a kind of natural sparky charisma that is impossible not to like.

Liam looks like he'd be a lot happier getting extra tuition somewhere for A Level maths. He's a real buzzkill.

You are the OP :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are the OP :confused:

I agree with you 10,000%
  • deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you 10,000%

1,000,000% yes!
  • SCUSASCUSA Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think of any contestant of the entire season, Liam is the one who clearly has his head srewed on straight. Seems completely down to earth and hard working (or focused...which aparently some are viewing these attributes as a negative?). I think its actually refreshing with all of the drama of many contestants.

And I think he knows being in the group and all of the energy the group generates, is a perfect complement with his talents. (As he has equal or better talent to Beiber... but learning to sing with a group is, in some aspects, sort of learning a new way of singing. And I think he just about has that tapped now & his vocal talent is starting to become evident again). The group will only improve in all areas and not have to be quite as intensly focused as time goes on (after all they haven't been a group very long and are singing to 15 Million people each week while learning to operate in unison).

Evidence that erases any natural trepidation Liam may have had about joining the group... and I'm sure makes him completely happy and comfortable that he is in a potentially record setting group (how could he think otherwise hearing this everyday)...........

...........One Direction Clip (A video I just saw on Youtube, that is crazy- literally)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SCUSA wrote: »
    I think of any contestant of the entire season, Liam is the one who clearly has his head srewed on straight. Seems completely down to earth and hard working (or focused...which aparently some are viewing these attributes as a negative?). I think its actually refreshing with all of the drama of many contestants.

He's harmless enough. He's just not pop star / boy band material. He has zero stage presence. He looks like he should be working as a trainee in an architects office in Swindon.

I suspect he's only where he is because of a very pushy Mummy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's harmless enough. He's just not pop star / boy band material. He has zero stage presence. He looks like he should be working as a trainee in an architects office in Swindon.

I suspect he's only where he is because of a very pushy Mummy.

Regarding a pushy mummy.... the one thing that is overtly clear in every single sorce and VT, is that he is very independent regarding his drive for a career in music. So at the very least, I think this part is 100% off the mark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding a pushy mummy.... the one thing that is overtly clear in every single sorce and VT, is that he is very independent regarding his drive for a career in music. So at the very least, I think this part is 100% off the mark.

No, disagree totally. From what I've heard from various sources, Mummy is very much active on this front, telling everyone that Liam is the star of the group.

You can tell that from Liam anyway - definitely a mummy's boy.

We have an expression up here in Scotland for boys like that - too long on the tit.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam probably appeals more to the mummy brigade as he has a velvety, rich older sounding voice. Harry appeals more to the vast majority, Zayn is the fanciable model looking, 'please don't sing' member. Louis and Niall make sure their 5 voices sound like 15? Amazing that!

They'll be the biggest winners out of this year whether they actually win or not so doesn't matter if Liam is grumpy, hyper or downright bonkers.
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam is probably a decent enough guy, but he really does come across as a miserable sod most of the time.

I find Zayn a bit the same though. He never looks totally comfortable compared to the rest. :o

The ones who always look like they get on best, and are loving being there are Harry, Louis and Niall. Though I think Niall is just very very HAPPY generally. :D
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niall is sunshine and rainbows.

Perhaps he steals Liam's serotonin as he sleeps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    And unicorns and pixies... :D

Maybe there's only so much happiness any one band can have. Niall appears to be hoarding most of it.

I do sympathise a bit with Liam though. I think in his position I'd get totally sick of being with these people all day every day too... :o Especially Louis. :p
  • ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George7 wrote: »
    I'm not a big 1D fan, but Liam is certainly the best singer of them - by far.

This. I think he has a lovely voice. Harry is ok but I'm never quite sure if he's going to get the note.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    And unicorns and pixies... :D

Maybe there's only so much happiness any one band can have. Niall appears to hoarding most of it.

I do sympathise a bit with Liam though. I think in his position I'd get totally sick of being with these people all day every day too... :o Especially Louis. :p

Oh I don't know. I'd quite like Niall as a pet. Maybe even Harry.

Liam would be the disappointing pet you end up shutting outside.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I don't know. I'd quite like Niall as a pet. Maybe even Harry.

Liam would be the disappointing pet you end up shutting outside.
    Yep, I don't think I could hate Niall. Hating him would be like hating a scampy little puppy. :p

Louis meanwhile, I think about 5 minutes of him would be about as much as I could take... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, disagree totally. From what I've heard from various sources, Mummy is very much active on this front, telling everyone that Liam is the star of the group. You can tell that from Liam anyway - definitely a mummy's boy.
    Neither of these (proud mom or momma's boy), true or not, dispute the fact that Liam is a self motivated go getter regarding his music career. The two notions are certainly not mutually exclusive.

I do sympathise a bit with Liam though. I think in his position I'd get totally sick of being with these people all day every day too...
    I think Liam completely enjoys being part of the group and that they are all genuine friends now. I'm sure Liam has found the whole experience much more enjoyable with people (especially friends) to share it with. It would be like going on Spring break alone vs with you 4 best friends.

Perhaps he steals Liam's serotonin as he sleeps.
    lol. never heard the serotonin saying before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, I don't think I could hate Niall. Hating him would be like hating a scampy little puppy. :p

Louis meanwhile, I think about 5 minutes of him would be about as much as I could take... :o

I struggled for ages to understand what Louis' role in the group was, given he never sings.

Then it struck me. He's the one who's had sex. He's the drop of knowingness added into the mix to add just a tincture of sexuality to what would otherwise be a formless line of pulsating amoebas.

How else can one explain his slightly creepy smiles to camera? That's supposed to be his come hither look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I struggled for ages to understand what Louis' role in the group was, given he never sings.

Then it struck me. He's the one who's had sex. He's the drop of knowingness added into the mix to add just a tincture of sexuality to what would otherwise be a formless line of pulsating amoebas.

How else can one explain his slightly creepy smiles to camera? That's supposed to be his come hither look.

If nothing else- you definitely get points for humor!
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If nothing else- you definitely get points for humor!

or Horror (at the thought)
  • Rick_JRick_J Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis is very funny off-stage especially in the side clips and videos, but on stage he just looks a slasher from a teenage horror film as someone pointed out a couple of months ago!