Martha LoganMartha Logan Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was searching for a topic on Doctors.

What is going to happen with Mrs Tempe and that boy? :eek:
  • Options
    iceblue fiat 50iceblue fiat 50 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    what else have cherry's parents been in? couldnt place them but they both looked familar. glad to see them always bugged me they werent in it before now....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Swift & Joanna Brookes have been it seems jobbing actors for years ... both appeared in MI HIgh , both in Doctors previously. Jeremy Swift was in the atrocious The Royal Bodyguard just this Monday apparently (I wasnt watching...)
  • Options
    i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually feel really sick after todays ending...licking his face euch....
    :eek:
    /l\
  • Options
    MissyQMissyQ Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    When was Kevin supposed to have fiddled with this daughter on Julia's desk. He only came into the show a few months ago and then got with Lauren.

So are we to believe that this old girlfriend of his has died and we did not hear about her when the Lauren stuff was going on.

Just absurb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freya & Kevin 's first day was 11 May 2011. So if the dead girlfriend had been gone 8 months, Kev must have been pretty swift to get bonking on his new boss's desk ...
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Freya & Kevin 's first day was 11 May 2011. So if the dead girlfriend had been gone 8 months, Kev must have been pretty swift to get bonking on his new boss's desk ...

Occurred to me too, the story writers didn't do their homework did they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Today's ep:
    Elaine: Do you think we're the only two people in Letherbridge still single?
    Julia: Ooh is that an offer?
    *all laugh*

.. No but really, why not?! Anything is possible in Doctors-land; it would liven things up considerably for both of their characters. Go on, script writers, you know you want to :D:p:p
  • Options
    cj86cj86 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed today's episode. Kevin's story was good, showing that beneath the bravado and arrogance, he does have a soft side. The computer game graphics were truly rubbish, though. Mrs Tembe handing the grieving mother a sharper pair of scissors to cut Kevin's clothes was funny, if extremely out of character.

Karen's scenes this week have been brilliant! Jan Pearson and Chris Walker have a fantastic chemistry. I thought the last scene with Karen licking Rob's face was hilarious!

I really like Karen, Julia and Elaine's friendships, all the characters shine when they are on screen together. I hope that they continue to develop this further.

Saw a small hint of the bubbly, fun Cherry today... No doubt it will vanish in the run-up to the wedding! (Run, Jimmi, Run, before it's too late!)

Good set of episodes this week... though the lack of follow-up to the Heston and Marina story until tomorrow's episode has been disappointing.
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member

I remember when Kevin first arrived, his steady girlfriend from home turned up and he dumped her. It was not Evangeline. Also since when was he the " Leatherbridge Lothario"
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when Kevin first arrived, his steady girlfriend from home turned up and he dumped her. It was not Evangeline. Also since when was he the " Leatherbridge Lothario"

since Daniel was hooked by zara
  • Options
    annijesannijes Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    what else have cherry's parents been in? couldnt place them but they both looked familar. glad to see them always bugged me they werent in it before now....

I think Cherry's mother is played by tracey childs who was in Howards Way many years ago - not sure about the Northern accent she adopted, reminiscent of 'Stella in Corrie!!
    The only one of his ex (pre Lauren) girl friends was the very attractive Summer Strallen and I remember being stunned that he was trying to dump her . Quite why he is seen as some sort of babe magnet in some episodes and some kind of pervy, sex starved teenager in others is a mystery - wish the script writers would check with each other.the only constant is his angry, petulant manner.
    My main hope is that both he and Freya leave following their little interlude - Kevin cos I still think he's poor in the part and the part is poor and Freya who I feel acts well but in another poorly written role. Neither of them have, IMHO, really gelled and do not really fulfil the supposed trainee role with their bizarre behaviour. At least Simon and Melody were more credible. :confused:
  • Options
    MissyQMissyQ Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    cj86 wrote: »
    though the lack of follow-up to the Heston and Marina story until tomorrow's episode has been disappointing.

The sporadic storyline of the Heston and Marina story is actually quite realistic.

After an abuser has an outburst they tend to get really apologetic and romantic and show remorse for a time and then BURST there is another outburst. The total rendomness of it all is the most scary bit.

It is these "good" times which makes the victim think that the abuser can get better and if they just stick with it things will change.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cats_five wrote: »
    Immie scraped through. The other girl left. She was taking it for other people to get them through rather than cheating in the sense of some way of getting answers so she could pass. Both wrong of course, and hers might be a greater crime.

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    cj86cj86 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    MissyQ wrote: »
    The sporadic storyline of the Heston and Marina story is actually quite realistic.

After an abuser has an outburst they tend to get really apologetic and romantic and show remorse for a time and then BURST there is another outburst. The total rendomness of it all is the most scary bit.

It is these "good" times which makes the victim think that the abuser can get better and if they just stick with it things will change.

I actually do agree with you, and I like that it has been sporadic, because as you say it is realistic. I just thought that after what looked like a really awful injury, there would have been one small scene during the week. It has been a great storyline, and I think it's been handled well.
  • Options
    mulderscullymulderscully Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Tracy Childs also played nurse Linda in Born and Bred
  • Options
    cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great music choice for the final scene - Wagner's Siefried Idyll, written as a birthday present for Cosima after she had their son Siegfried.
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great music choice for the final scene - Wagner's Siefried Idyll, written as a birthday present for Cosima after she had their son Siegfried.

Thank goodness he had the courage to finish it. Quite a touching scene.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    yes, yes, yes, yes YES :D

Well done Heston :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Help, due to bad weather here I managed to miss todays episode, did Heston dump Marina?
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nome wrote: »
    Help, due to bad weather here I managed to miss todays episode, did Heston dump Marina?

yes, i'm so glad he did
  • Options
    cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if it's really all over yet.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if it's really all over yet.

I can't imagine the scriptwriters would miss an opportunity for a bit more drama ...
  • Options
    pearljpearlj Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think the actress who played Lana in todays episode looks like the actress who plays Tracy Barlow, (sorry, really bad with names) I had to do a double take today as I thought it was her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pearlj wrote: »
    Anyone else think the actress who played Lana in todays episode looks like the actress who plays Tracy Barlow, (sorry, really bad with names) I had to do a double take today as I thought it was her.

I thought exactly the same as you. I wondered if they were sisters?
This discussion has been closed.