Gilmore Girls

Comments

• DEmbertonDEmberton Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moontaker wrote: »
    I don't want to rain on your parade but 5* have just stopped showing the long awaited second series of Parenthood (starring the fabulous Lauren Graham) after only 5 episodes. They are a lot of upset viewers posting on the last episode on their site and yet they insist its down to low viewing figures. Not sure how they can tell when so many people use Skyplus etc. Anyway just warning you 5* can't be trusted and obviously don't give a stuff about the viewers.:o

I have to admit, I watched the first 3 or 4 and then got bored, and have now removed the series link.

I'm sure as Mr Tastic says, a 10 year old shown before show is going to come a lot cheaper than a new exclusive one.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the right for GG will be far cheaper than Parenthood.

Parenthood is a still in production series with good ratings (in the US). I like Parenthood but have to admit I didn't even know 5* had aired it (I watch US pace).

GG on the over hand is a finished series, no longer in production, the DVD releases happened ages ago and are now bargain bin type buys. It also got continual play on E4 for a few years so it is no where near it's first run in the UK, which Parenthood is. All these things will make GG much cheaper to air for 5 and will fill a lot of TV hours.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hooray! Finally moved to the US board!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to rain on your parade but 5* have just stopped showing the long awaited second series of Parenthood (starring the fabulous Lauren Graham) after only 5 episodes. They are a lot of upset viewers posting on the last episode on their site and yet they insist its down to low viewing figures. Not sure how they can tell when so many people use Skyplus etc. Anyway just warning you 5* can't be trusted and obviously don't give a stuff about the viewers.:o

I have to have faith in 5*, at least for a while at least. I have faith in GG so feel optimistic about the how GG will perform for the channel.
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Yes, the right for GG will be far cheaper than Parenthood.

Parenthood is a still in production series with good ratings (in the US). I like Parenthood but have to admit I didn't even know 5* had aired it (I watch US pace).

GG on the over hand is a finished series, no longer in production, the DVD releases happened ages ago and are now bargain bin type buys. It also got continual play on E4 for a few years so it is no where near it's first run in the UK, which Parenthood is. All these things will make GG much cheaper to air for 5 and will fill a lot of TV hours.

BIB Gives me faith about its run on 5*. Seven seasons, 153 episodes will give the channel a fair amount of time to fill. And E4 shown it alot, to say the least, so it must of been a decent performer. I just hope they push this out properly so that as many fans will know about its starting on 5*.
  • MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to have faith in 5*, at least for a while at least. I have faith in GG so feel optimistic about the how GG will perform for the channel.

BIB Gives me faith about its run on 5*. Seven seasons, 153 episodes will give the channel a fair amount of time to fill. And E4 shown it alot, to say the least, so it must of been a decent performer. I just hope they push this out properly so that as many fans will know about its starting on 5*.

It makes sense an older series would be safer, never considered that. I've always been a massive GG fan. It's taken me a few years but I now have the complete series on DVD, amazon have really dropped their prices. Stars Hollow is a wonderful place to escape to.:D

OT - I don't really trust any of of the channels these days. Sadly Sky Atlantic removed thirtysomething (a very old series) halfway through. Many fans wrote to them and posted on the forum but our voices fell on deaf ears. The viewer doesn't seem to have any say these days.:o
  • Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea this thread had replies - I can't even remember starting it but I guess I must have! :rolleyes: It was over 5 years ago and no one replied for 2 years, but it obviously became more popular after that, but I can't believe I've never noticed it until now! :confused:

Anyway, I started this thread not long after I joined DS and because I had been to the set of the show while on holiday. I haven't watched GG is years, but am currently enjoying Parenthood :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Hooray! Finally moved to the US board!

Where was it before? Maybe that's why I missed it when it popped back up after 2 years!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea this thread had replies - I can't even remember starting it but I guess I must have! :rolleyes: It was over 5 years ago and no one replied for 2 years, but it obviously became more popular after that, but I can't believe I've never noticed it until now! :confused:

Anyway, I started this thread not long after I joined DS and because I had been to the set of the show while on holiday. I haven't watched GG is years, but am currently enjoying Parenthood :)

Happy Chappy, did you read my posts above about Parenthood? 5* have taken it off the air, or are you watching it online? If so, can you let me know where, I'm already missing it terribly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Chappy, did you read my posts above about Parenthood? 5* have taken it off the air, or are you watching it online? If so, can you let me know where, I'm already missing it terribly.

Yeah I heard elsewhere that 5* had pulled it, so was going to start looking online for further episodes but hadn't got round to it yet as been busy watching a few other things - try the usual places ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I heard elsewhere that 5* had pulled it, so was going to start looking online for further episodes but hadn't got round to it yet as been busy watching a few other things - try the usual places ;)

I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a private messsage with links to 'usual places; please?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a private messsage with links to 'usual places; please?:D

Haha, I did actually send you one at the same time as my post on the 7th! Did you not get it? To be fair I did check 3 different places and only 1 had it - the info is in the PM I sent you - I've watched up to the end of season 2 and it's really good! Enjoy :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I did actually send you one at the same time as my post on the 7th! Did you not get it? To be fair I did check 3 different places and only 1 had it - the info is in the PM I sent you - I've watched up to the end of season 2 and it's really good! Enjoy :)

Thanks Happy Chappy, yes I got it. Only noticed it last night, I've sent you a reply.:)
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the first episode now! Love seeing how much of a clutz Sookie is in the first episode, not sure that carried on for very long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    fairy_ wrote: »
    Just watching the first episode now! Love seeing how much of a clutz Sookie is in the first episode, not sure that carried on for very long.

Also how long it takes before they give up mentioning Lanes parents and just mention her mum.And how many maids Emily goes through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fairy_ wrote: »

I liked that about her too, but I think after a while it would of gotten a bit old, but still nice to watch on this episode. Really like that whole routine that she did with the other cooks, its like it was choreographed or something, so seamless and perfect, very fun to watch. And so damn great to start the GG journey again, makes for some great veiwing, now I have GG at 5 o'clock, and then Come dine with me and Four in a Bed at 6, and its like the amazing hours of telle. Grade A stuff for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Early Luke/Lorelai stuff today was good, and first glimpse of Kirk (under a different name!).

And the magnificent Paris made her debut (along with Madeline and Louise, of course).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting to see what's different in the pilot. Luke's looks entirely different, and it's not on the street corner. Richard and Emily's house looks very different too.

I'm glad they dropped Sookie being accident prone as it wasn't very funny.

Good to see it on again. Having watched it through twice last year, I'm not sure I want to keep watching yet again, but I suspect I may get sucked in.
  • HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't realised E4 had lost it, just thought it was on a break... I used to just watch it over and over, whenever I was home early or off work I didn't mind Logan - I thought he grew up a lot more than Rory did. Her voice really annoyed me sometimes and she sounded the same on ER unfortunately!
    The funny thing is, the more I watched it the more I warmed to other characters over the Gilmore Girls. They seemed to sail through life with their amazingly fast repartee and own language, leaving people spinning in their wake. Loved Luke. Hated the April storyline which was just a rubbish way of breaking Luke and Lorelai up. I started to understand Emily. I even came to like Christopher. His almost silent fight with Luke in the square was great. Never did like Taylor though....
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I think GG might be safer than Parenthood, as I'm betting the rights are a lot cheaper.
    I'm not sure about that. They've moved it to 4.00pm already, and none of the episodes are available via Demand 5. I know it's an old show, and was on E4 for quite some time. But it's 'new' to me, having decided to tune in after numerous recommendations from friends over the years.

But it looks like I won't be watching it for much longer, thanks to 5*'s bizarre scheduling. I was relying on +1 already, given that I'm rarely home before 5.30pm. You'd imagine that the show would appeal most to girls and young women, but how many of them are home from school/work by 4.00pm on weekdays? Fine if you've got Sky+ or TiVo, but what about everyone else who'd like to watch?

For anyone who has the series on DVD - have the episodes been messed with at all? Is the music from the broadcast episodes intact for example, or has it been replaced with cheaper options?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it looks like 5* have got to the end of the second season, and stopped.:mad:
  • mulderscullymulderscully Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Yep, the gits, I was really looking forward to seeing L&L get together :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Its been moved its on at 1.30pm now coz of bb repeats.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bedbug wrote: »
    Its been moved its on at 1.30pm now coz of bb repeats.

Which channel?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    5* and i got it wrong, its 2pm not 1.30
  • mulderscullymulderscully Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I have just checked sky and its not on at all :mad::mad: