Cor Glanaethwy

2»

Comments

• RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oscar1 wrote: »
    Would you like to explain that comment ?
    Regards

Yes sure. I believe voting for an act just because it's from Wales is prejudiced.. At least it would be if the English did it. Simple as that. Thats my opinion.. Do what you want with it.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And while I'm at it. . When was last time you heard Ant & Dec or one of the judges say " You did England proud " but it was said for both Wales and Ireland last night. . And they say the same for Scotland too. Does Luis Walsh ever say. . "England will be rooting for you".. No
  • GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However, it is true. A Welsh person could stand on the BGT stage and do absolutely nothing and a lot of Welsh would still vote for them.
    The Welsh side of my family do this all the time.

If he'd said biased then that's his opinion , but to call an entire country racist ? I stand by my post it's a bit out of order
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    And while I'm at it. . When was last time you heard Ant & Dec or one of the judges say " You did England proud " but it was said for both Wales and Ireland last night. . And they say the same for Scotland too. Does Luis Walsh ever say. . "England will be rooting for you".. No

How do you know though that English voters won't vote for the choir because they are Welsh ?
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    Yes sure. I believe voting for an act just because it's from Wales is prejudiced.. At least it would be if the English did it. Simple as that. Thats my opinion.. Do what you want with it.

And yet people are encouraged to vote by region all the time on the X Factor - people of the town/city where X finalist is from getting behind them because he/she is from there, it happens regionally as well as nationally, with X presenter heading to X's home town/city to see and talk to the community who are behind X all the way because of where they are from!

I'm not saying it's wrong by the way, but it is a fact ;)
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revelation Avenue are by far the most popular of the two choirs as is shown by the fact that they have 4 million views for their audition on You Tube, which is three times as many as the Welsh choir.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revelation Avenue are by far the most popular of the two choirs as is shown by the fact that they have 4 million views for their audition on You Tube, which is three times as many as the Welsh choir.

That certainly explains why RA didn't win a place in the final and CG did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It probably shows they are more popular with a young audience but more than likely not generally anyone over about 25
  • kandinskikandinski Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt like the guy who was leader,his face looked furious when he realised they lost.Also why did they always push that black guy straight to the front after singing?