• MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Again?

Bloody repeats.
    Surprise Surprise, she's died again.

To recycle

:D Maybe there should be a thread where we guess how many threads will be started about Cilla Black on GD as people finally get round to hearing this and decide they must start one.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    :D Maybe there should be a thread where we guess how many threads will be started about Cilla Black on GD as people finally get round to hearing this and decide they must start one.
    thats not nice.. people maybe dont go into the showbiz threads and dont realize its been on... not the end of the world and it did still get you in to post... :D so really you came in purposely to moan..
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    It's reached three now

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=79146587&postcount=1
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Tomorrow was good - I also liked another later hit, If I Thought You'd Ever Change Your Mind.

Of her 60s songs, her cover of a Randy Newman song, I've Been Wrong Before must have been one of her best, which Newman himself is said to have spoken very highly of.
  • kandinskikandinski Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    Where is Tomorrow was good - I also liked another later hit, If I Thought You'd Ever Change Your Mind.

Of her 60s songs, her cover of a Randy Newman song, I've Been Wrong Before must have been one of her best, which Newman himself is said to have spoken very highly of.

Yes,and didnt Elvis have her records on his jukebox?
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To all these people saying that the truth will now come out....WHAT truth?

Sorry but I can't see 'Cilla Rude To Cabin Crew Shock' as a headline any time soon.
  • RepublicOfYorksRepublicOfYorks Posts: 3,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember her early days as one of the stars in Brian Epsteins group of Mersey acts, and she had a unique sound for a while, but then became more of a tv show presenter, and her shows got worse as time went by.

Brings home the passing of time to some of us though.:(

Think it's more this for many people than any huge outpouring of affection for her. I remember her in the 70s on a Saturday night on BBC, a kind of 'we all watched that when we were kids' show, but Blind Date and Surprise were not for me at all.

I liked her voice though, some of those records she did are classics and more memorable than the originals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kandinski wrote: »
    My favourite Cilla song is "Where is Tommorow", wasnt one of her bigger hits,shame...great song.

I love "You're My World"
  • RepublicOfYorksRepublicOfYorks Posts: 3,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    Many couldnt it seems.. she was said to be sarcastic and very arrogant... but only going with stuff Ive read.. My mother loved Blind Date and never missed it..

I don't think loudly supporting Thatcher would've done her any favours in Liverpool either.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    Because it's about having manners, respect and the ability to self-edit when other people's feelings may be involved.

Just because it is a discussion forum doesn't mean you have to post your every opinion, does it?

Think of it this way - if someone you knew personally to be a bit of a diva and unpleasant had passed away, you wouldn't go around town telling everyone how awful they were upon hearing the news of their death, would you?

People's feelings? Hardly anyone on here knew her or had met her.

BIB - Its not my every opinion. Its just my opinion on Cilla.
    But how bored must you be on a beautiful afternoon like this, to devote a chunk of the day to comment on how much you didn't like somebody, particularly when they haven't been dead eight hours.

I had little time for Jade Goody. When she passed away I had nothing to say so gave it a miss and tend to still do. I don't like Morrissey for instance. If and when his time comes, I won't be pushing other jobs to one side to log online to tell people how little an effect he had on me and how little I cared for him, which is a contradiction in itself.

BIB Have you ever heard of mobile phones? Am currently sitting in the sunshine enjoying our lovely summer
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    Why would someone you've only seen on the telly (which has an off switch and alternatives channels) "irritate you beyond belief". :confused:

Well she has been in "showbiz" since the 60's so it is kinda hard to miss her.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is really shocking. 72 is no age really. RIP Cilla, my thoughts are with her family.

72 is no age? seems like a pretty decent age to live to.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So only nice and fluffy posts are allowed? :confused:

Yes. Now bugger off. :p:D
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To all these people saying that the truth will now come out....WHAT truth?

Sorry but I can't see 'Cilla Rude To Cabin Crew Shock' as a headline any time soon.

Without getting into a flurry of distasteful Cilla bashing posts on the day of her death, there did seem to be numerous unflattering anecdotes about her even well away from the world of airlines and cabin crew.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    BBC2 had the Morcambe and Wise with Cilla on last night - coincidence? (Never to early to start a conspiracy theory. ;-) )

Youre late, The Icke crew are weird at this
    http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=296852
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    My mother loved Blind Date and never missed it..
    I know someone who used to watch it with her friend and they put a towel over the telly and then they'd make a choice from the three candidates.
    She never got out much!

"Cilla" with Sheridan Smith is running on ITV Encore.
    It'll be back on ITV1 again in no time.
    Stand by for an endless shower of tributes from Ronnie Corbett, Brucie and Tarby et al . and maybe Macca and Ringo.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A flood of Twitter 'tributes' it would appear. As if Dawn French or Russell Crowe had ever met her.:confused:

John Lennon got the airport renamed in memoriam what will 'our Cilla' get?:(:confused:
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    hunter23 wrote: »
    72 is no age? seems like a pretty decent age to live to.

It is a decent age, but the life expectancy is 83 for a woman in the UK. Cilla was wealthy enough to have had access to the best healthcare etc.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She got to the Gates and St Peter said, " Step inside love"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Without getting into a flurry of distasteful Cilla bashing posts on the day of her death, there did seem to be numerous unflattering anecdotes about her even well away from the world of airlines and cabin crew.

Yes but they are basically the same story. Woman quite rude. It's not exactly thrilling stuff.
  • LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Youre late, The Icke crew are weird at this
    http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=296852

Hmm.

How strange that people on that forum (and here too it seems - witness ^) don't seem to believe people of any age can die very suddenly from a stroke for instance, haemorrhage or heart attack.
    I have never heard of a 72 year old dying of hearing loss or arthritis ,and thats all she had wrong ...72 is NOT old by todays standards ...
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Couldn't stand the woman.

Anyone who had a Heart, would show a bit of sympathy.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Liverpool Lullaby

Oh you are a mucky kid (etc)

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/l/liverpoollullaby.shtml

Can't imagine this being played these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oh god i clicked pc back on and saw she died :( What happened ?
  • LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    The Liverpool Lullaby

Oh you are a mucky kid (etc)

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/l/liverpoollullaby.shtml

Can't imagine this being played these days.

She sang it on the tribute show ITV had for her 50 years in showbiz.

The lyric was altered to ''You'll get told off by yer dad''.
  • beth0o0beth0o0 Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's really shocking, used to love blind date. RIP

How is it shocking? she was old after all.