Options

Tattoos

Comments

• Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    I don't care when pig-ugly people have tattoos because it can't possibly make them look any worse. I do find it deeply sad to see attractive young girls with them though as it seems a crime against nature. Tattooed legs are always awful to see and are perhaps the biggest crime of all. I was also deeply saddened that elsewhere on this thread there was a mother encouraging her own daughter to have one. It really hurts to know there are people who would do that.

Oh get a grip!

What people do with their own body is up to them, how can in "really hurt" you
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surely a tattoo won't fade when exposed to the sun if you protect it with sunscreen?
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care when pig-ugly people have tattoos because it can't possibly make them look any worse. I do find it deeply sad to see attractive young girls with them though as it seems a crime against nature. Tattooed legs are always awful to see and are perhaps the biggest crime of all. I was also deeply saddened that elsewhere on this thread there was a mother encouraging her own daughter to have one. It really hurts to know there are people who would do that.

This comment is already rude, but if you're referring to the woman who said her daughter wanted a tribute tattoo for her father, it's also pretty twisted.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    This comment is already rude, but if you're referring to the woman who said her daughter wanted a tribute tattoo for her father, it's also pretty twisted.
    Making a heroic effort to earn a big charity donation in memory of her father would be a praiseworthy tribute. Disfiguring her body with a naff tattoo is far from that.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member

'Deeply saddened''and hurt by such criminal acts against nature. My dear, you really do know the art of being overblown and overdramatic. Seriously, you don't like them that is understandable, a lot of people don't, but to use phrases like "biggest crime of all" and "crime against nature" is frankly ludicrous. Try learning to live and let live and remember people with tattoos are still PEOPLE and you are no better than them. In fact saying it's alright for 'pig ugly' people to have them just makes you come across as deeply unpleasant.
  • Options
    charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well those with tattoos couldn't give a shiny shite if you care or not.

And can I just say that you are rather easily saddened. How do you get through everyday life if seeing a young girl with a tattoo is your sadness threshold?
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »
    Maybe it's a clever advertising campaign from Disney.

Inked skin could be the future of advertising.

I would however suggest that men who want to advertise a brand just above their groin area. Don't go for Microsoft.

If I'm going to advertise anything I should be the one getting paid, not the other way around. But with things like clothes, shoes and luggage items, you can't really avoid it.

Unlike tattoos.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    If I'm going to advertise anything I should be the one getting paid, not the other way around. But with things like clothes, shoes and luggage items, you can't really avoid it.

Unlike tattoos.

Everyone who wears 'branded' clothing items or has a mobile, they're paying companies so they can, without realising it, advertise their products. All 'branded' companies out there are getting fantastic publicity/advertising every day for free. It's been going on for decades.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For heavens sake .Save your sadness for real cases of sadness
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I may be the mother in question. But at least we talk about this and it's not as if she went behind my back and did it. If she wants a little tribute to her dad, who I am I to stop her. She's almost 19. It's not as if she's going to go to the first tattoo parlour in some back alley. She's done her homework, spoken to people who have really good designs and asks for their opinions. She knows its a big thing to do and she wants it perfect. If that makes me a bad mother then fine!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I may be the mother in question. But at least we talk about this and it's not as if she went behind my back and did it. If she wants a little tribute to her dad, who I am I to stop her. She's almost 19. It's not as if she's going to go to the first tattoo parlour in some back alley. She's done her homework, spoken to people who have really good designs and asks for their opinions. She knows its a big thing to do and she wants it perfect. If that makes me a bad mother then fine!

You can't stop her, but there are so many other ways of paying tribute to her dad.

When she reached the age of 18 and provided she left home, your responsibility for her legally ended, so basically she can do what she likes whether you approve or not.

The point being is you IMO shouldn't be made to feel guilty if or when she gets a tattoo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Everyone who wears 'branded' clothing items or has a mobile, they're paying companies so they can, without realising it, advertise their products. All 'branded' companies out there are getting fantastic publicity/advertising every day for free. It's been going on for decades.

Yes, I am aware of that. I didn't just fall out of the woodwork yesterday. :p

Tattoos are an unnecessary optional extra IMO, but company branding often isn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Making a heroic effort to earn a big charity donation in memory of her father would be a praiseworthy tribute. Disfiguring her body with a naff tattoo is far from that.

Why does it bother you so much about what my daughter wants?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can't stop her, but there are so many other ways of paying tribute to her dad.

When she reached the age of 18 and provided she left home, your responsibility for her legally ended, so basically she can do what she likes whether you approve or not.

The point being is you IMO shouldn't be made to feel guilty if or when she gets a tattoo.

I'll drink to that.

Quertygirl, what your adult daughter does in this regard does not in any way reflect on your parenting skills. In fact I would say you are to be commended for supporting your daughter and understanding it is her choice and her reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member

But the tattoo will be okay if she happens to be pig ugly, right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd understand all the negative comments if daughter just went to some dodgy place and put her health at risk.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    People have gone too far with tattoos - Some people barely have any skin left . FFS
    These people are going to look terrible when they are old

We are all going to look terrible when we are old.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I am aware of that. I didn't just fall out of the woodwork yesterday. :p

Tattoos are an unnecessary optional extra IMO, but company branding often isn't.

The smilie was wasted because I was agreeing with you. I was, in a way, adding to your bit about advertising something.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member

Are you only like this because of the anonymity or is this a normal thing for you?
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a metal head who is tattooed and pierced and has stretched ears I can assure you none of us give a stuff about what other people think of them. I wouldn't give my time to anyone who couldn't accept me for who I am anyway.

I'm sure I could accept you for who you are, most probably a lovely person, I am sure. But believe me, those stretched earlobes, will become a nightmare when you reach the age of 45 or more. Old men with dangly ears, not attractive.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get some respect ffs. No one said that getting a tattoo is praiseworthy but it's a lot better than criticizing a young woman for paying a tribute to her dad. Your posts are so damn rude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

beating around the bush with people like you is pointless so let me just say it , you are downright rude and judgemental . It says a lot about you that you feel the need to pontificate and put people down from behind your computer screen .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does it bother you so much about what my daughter wants?

Dont let some eejit on a computer get to you . They are not worth it .
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    We are all going to look terrible when we are old.
    Speak for yourself.
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your daughter wants a tribute to her dad fair enough plant a tree don't let her disfigure her skin.