Do you get free sky if you work for them?

cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you work for sky, do you get free sky? :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Hello cooltv. yes they do.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,465
    Forum Member
    Only a fairly small number get free Sky, but they do get discounts.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Only a fairly small number get free Sky, but they do get discounts.
    I think that's incorrect!

It has been said previously (from those concerned?) that ALL Sky Employees (I presume not agency?) get free subscriptions - and half price SBO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    My mate works for Responce who are an outsourced company who work for sky customer service call centre... they get free sky+, 1/2 price sub, 1/2 box office and a free sky t-shirt :P
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,465
    Forum Member
    BKM wrote: »
    I think that's incorrect!

It has been said previously (from those concerned?) that ALL Sky Employees (I presume not agency?) get free subscriptions - and half price SBO.

I've never spoken to a normal Sky employee yet who gets free Sky - I don't think even the reps do?.
  • nut1974nut1974 Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can get free sky tv without working for them, but thats not allowed to be talked about on the forums.
  • nickosbadnickosbad Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I'm sat watching my free Sky HD right now!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    From the sky website:

Free Sky+, Broadband and discounted Talk for all our people – Sky+ is a fantastic product for our customers and we want you to enjoy it too, for free! There’s also free broadband, discounted Sky Talk and great discounts on Sky+HD.
  • bubblegunbubblegun Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never spoken to a normal Sky employee yet who gets free Sky - I don't think even the reps do?.

Guess you don't speak to the correct employees.

The official staff subscription scheme is available to any sky employee on a permanent contract and employed directly by Sky. I know this applies to telesales agents in the Scottish call centres. Temporary contracts and outsourced agents do not get this.

They get free Sky tv on as many boxes as they have, free HD mix, Free line rental and Skytalk unlimited call package and broadband Max. All they pay for is Box office at a reduced rate and their chargeable phone calls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    As bubblegun says - more or less free everything with the exception of:

HD box £49 - HD mix free.

Box office moves half price.

Incidentally, all box office events are also free.

You're allowed as many boxes as can be connected to a single dish and all the multiroom subs are free.
  • tezza71tezza71 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    bubblegun wrote: »
    Guess you don't speak to the correct employees.

The official staff subscription scheme is available to any sky employee on a permanent contract and employed directly by Sky. I know this applies to telesales agents in the Scottish call centres. Temporary contracts and outsourced agents do not get this.

They get free Sky tv on as many boxes as they have, free HD mix, Free line rental and Skytalk unlimited call package and broadband Max. All they pay for is Box office at a reduced rate and their chargeable phone calls.

not correct ,line rental is 10 same as customers everything else for me is free
  • bubblegunbubblegun Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tezza71 wrote: »
    not correct ,line rental is 10 same as customers everything else for me is free

Sorry, I thought I'd read that line rental was being added to the scheme a few months ago. Guess not, then.

Not really a hardship though given that everything else is free.