Is Stella a bitch?

PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
Forum Member
Not one of them seem to like her, so there must be something we're not seeing of her, surely?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    Not at all imo, she's just competitive. She hasn't been rude to anyone so far has she? Liz has.
  • drbolognaisedrbolognaise Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE stella...I thought Liz was really bitchy at the end!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Stella is very cool and calm, and good at her job. The others, espcially Chris it would seem, feel very threatened by this.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I think Joanna likes her, they always work well together and tonight she was shocked at the bitching about her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz would of course have a problem with her after they both placed the blame on each other in the boardroom.

I think with Chris, he's just holding a grudge from that task we saw weeks ago, where Stella criticised his presentation skills.

Stella does come across as cold, but I don't think she's done anything to warrant the strong feelings against her! :eek:
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    No, she's just a very serious competitor. She is a bit wooden though and doesn't seem to have much warmth about her, but there isn't anything nasty about her at all imo.
  • Yasmin26Yasmin26 Posts: 3,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore Stella, Never Bitchy I actually think she is one of the most likeable contestants on the show ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    she's a threat and they know it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    She seems one of the least bitchy. Her behaviour in the boardroom was saintlike compared to most people. I can't believe Liz was that offended; imagine if she'd been in there with Stuart or Paloma, she'd have had a nervous breakdown.
    I think Joanna likes her, they always work well together and tonight she was shocked at the bitching about her.

Yeah, I like Joanna. Her eye-roll at Chris's droney bitching was sweet. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I think that because she doesn't come across like the stereotypical girly girl like some of the others, and she doesn't have that cuddly soft feminine demeanour, that maybe the others haven't warmed to her. I think maybe she is a bit corporate, a bit cold but I would rather someone like that who STILL does a good job that someone who swings from either sickly sweet to a total cow and it a bit hit and miss.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to take the fact those living with her deem her to be a bitch as evidence enough that she is a bit.

She comes across as one on screen, doesn't like to hear she is wrong but happy enough to dish out the abuse to put someone else down or save her own skin=bitch in my eyes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Stella does have a track record of rubbing people up the wrong way in tasks(e.g. Liz, Joanna and of course Stuart).

I would not say this makes her a bitch but she is probably not very likable.

I would not say Chris sees her as a threat considering he has just hammered her in the negotiations task with a magnificent performance. Chris is a shrewd judge of character and perhaps his perception of smugness is an accurate one.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    She is a tough woman and the other candidates are clearly intimidated by her. She scares them to death. :D

Unfortunately for them, Stella can talk up for herself quite well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Stella is out to win and relies on herself. Liz needs validation and support from others, hence her undermining of Stella in the last 2 minutes of the show.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member

Joanna definitely likes her, did you see the faces she was pulling when the boys were bad-mouthing Stella at the end?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. She's just focussed on winning and doesn't care about making friends. The others are threatened by her which is why she rubs them the wrong way. Except Joanna who is strong enough herself that she doesn't need to be that insecure.

If Stella was so hard to work with/ a 'mega bitch' then her and Joanna wouldn't get on so well, considering they've worked together on almost every task.
  • LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    I LOVE Stella - even more than ever after this week
  • aussie_dave_gaussie_dave_g Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Its completely off topic, but for the record, I would so do her.

Sorry, just a guy talking here .........
  • Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that last scene surprised me. :eek: I've never liked Stella even though she's a big favourite on here, but I thought she had the other candidates eating out of her hand too. Looks like she knew she's not popular either with her "Sorry to disappoint you" remarks when she came back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Stella and Liz -at the end of this week's eppie though it was Liz that I lost a bit of respect for. What happens in the boardroom should stay there in my opinion, it was not very professional of Liz to keep making a point about what was said in there and make so painfully obvious that she would rather Laura stay.

Stella does come over as cold sometimes but she is always professional and most of the time, in a business sense, it seems to work. I think some people take her assertiveness to be bitchy to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    If Joanna and Stella are such a good team (a) why did Joanna only hug Liz on leaving the boardroom tonight and (b) why did she not defend her when Chris said she was smug or when Liz attacked her at the end?

I actually have nothing against Stella, she has Stuart down to a tee, but Joanna did not show anything tonight that indicates that they are some super team at all and it is odd she is being used as an example of someone who Stella gets on with. Joanna is very professional in tasks and will work with anyone but she offered no indication tonight of anything beyond that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    chinchon73 wrote: »
    Stella is out to win and relies on herself. Liz needs validation and support from others, hence her undermining of Stella in the last 2 minutes of the show.

this is bang on
  • Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    I really like Stella and Liz -at the end of this week's eppie though it was Liz that I lost a bit of respect for. What happens in the boardroom should stay there in my opinion, it was not very professional of Liz to keep making a point about what was said in there and make so painfully obvious that she would rather Laura stay.

... just like it was unprofessional of Stella in that week when Baggs was PM when implied that the other team should have won as a way to make a dig at him back in the house, but IIRC that seemed to go down pretty well on this forum....

At least it's getting interesting now though, eh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's a threat and they know it

Yes I agree. Liz should know not to take the boardroom battle serious. It is a competition. In business she needs to learn not to take things personally.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve3275 wrote: »
    ... just like it was unprofessional of Stella in that week when Baggs was PM when implied that the other team should have won as a way to make a dig at him back in the house, but IIRC that seemed to go down pretty well on this forum....

At least it's getting interesting now though, eh.

It just seems like another case of attack the pretty girl on the reality show as so often happens but support the slightly attractive but overall more dowdy competitor.

It's getting like Big Brother in here.