HOW THe hell did She get 4 10's?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,613
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am I the only one who saw her stumble 2 times during the dance? It was good but not worth 40.

Comments

• missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    She's pretty obviously trailing in the public vote and this was the only way to keep her in. She's a good performer and sold the straight forward choreography well but it wasn't the best dance of the night by a long chalk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Didn't notice the stumble, saw a flawless dance, executed effortlessly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she did stumble and her neck was so stiff I thought she had a collar on. But it's her birthday and she's older, hence she gets an undeserved 40. What can you do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Yes she did stumble and her neck was so stiff I thought she had a collar on. But it's her birthday and she's older, hence she gets an undeserved 40. What can you do?

I don't want to be cynical..but I can't help myself from agreeing with this :( the birthday and being older thing, that is.
  • diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the dodgy footwork to

She stumbled last week in the Charleston but that seemed to go unnoticed to
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's been slowly hypnotising the judges,week by week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I though she stumbled and looked awkward in parts of the dance. Seemed a bit strained. This one wasn't my cup of tea. I was surprised she got four 10s.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hehe wrote: »
    Am I the only one who saw her stumble 2 times during the dance? It was good but not worth 40.

i thought it was beautiful..
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you feel dance and in particular the foxtrot and add that feeling to the sensitive story telling of the film ghost that performance was flawless, emotional and technically subtle it was a winner
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sofajudge wrote: »
    Didn't notice the stumble, saw a flawless dance, executed effortlessly.
    pabird wrote: »
    If you feel dance and in particular the foxtrot and add that feeling to the sensitive story telling of the film ghost that performance was flawless, emotional and technically subtle it was a winner

I agree with both of these posters. It was worth 40. Think about it. How often does Craig get out the 10 paddle?
    Forum Member

Quite. Understated, elegant and emotional.

Seems here on DS that you are not able to like both Pamela and Kara. Pfft.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I rarely disagree with you sofes - but Pamela and James were not worthy of 10's and if the judges thought Pam better than Kara perhaps it's time I made an appointment with my optician.
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member

:confused: "technically subtle"? It was a VW not a foxtrot. And the choreography was about as subtle as a sledgehammer, aimed at dancing as little as possible with the faffing about at the beginning. She sold it well but her neck was in her shoulders at times, the footwork faltered and her lead arm was flailing at the end. It was a nice dance and she has great performance skills but it was no 40!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree that feeling a dance makes it special. But if you obviously stumble, that stops it from being technically perfect which is what is needed for a perfect score. But I don't think Pamela was bad tonight at all. She just wasn't worthy of 40.
    I agree with both of these posters. It was worth 40. Think about it. How often does Craig get out the 10 paddle?
    Either when the dance deserves it or the celebrity needs it (Matt DA's waltz anyone?). The reason I think Craig did it because it was Pamela's b-day is because he is all about technicality and when you stumble in a dance, that knocks a point off. He didn't do that so he must have just been gifting it to her cause she's the b-day girl.
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member

...... not to mention more conspiracy theorists than a room full of 9/11 sceptics!! :D
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Pamela's been lucky to get 10s in the past, but tonight she earnt them.
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her, but I don't know if her dance was worth 4 10's, I don't know about dance. However, her and Kara's dance were the best of the night. I hope they are both safe for the semis. Can I suggest to direct any venom at Anne?
  • Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My room mate said she tripped. It jsut shows if you mess up you dont get marked down, however if you do a dance and get through it without a mistake you will lucky to get a 8
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her, but I don't know if her dance was worth 4 10's, I don't know about dance. However, her and Kara's dance were the best of the night. I hope they are both safe for the semis. Can I suggest to direct any venom at Anne?

Awww why does anyone need to have 'venom' directed at them?

Criticism I can understand, but venom seems so extreme and unnecessary :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It made me sooo angry! :mad:

I KNEW she'd get 4 10's before she'd even stepped onto the dance floor! :rolleyes:

The judges bias towards her the whole series, has been sickening!

Kara and Matt were both much better, and peformed far more complicated routines.

Kara totally deserved 4 10's...and I don't know how/why Craig didn't give her a 10, esp after his comment! :confused:
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I rarely disagree with you sofes - but Pamela and James were not worthy of 10's and if the judges thought Pam better than Kara perhaps it's time I made an appointment with my optician.

Maybe it is I that should be taking that test Ignazio as I didn't see the trip. Whereas I did see Kara wobble. I think they were both amazing but from what I saw felt Pamela emoted more effectively. :D
    ...... not to mention more conspiracy theorists than a room full of 9/11 sceptics!! :D

It's my first outing here this season and all I can say is. WOW! Lol
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Awww why does anyone need to have 'venom' directed at them?

Criticism I can understand, but venom seems so extreme and unnecessary :(

Actually you are absolutely right, Sid and I apologise and rephrase:(. I feel we have some really good dancers left in the competition. I wish we wouldn't criticise them so much for some small mistakes. They only bad dancer left is Anne (to a lesser degree Gavin). They both have a right to remain in the competition of course, but dancing wise, we could have an amazing semi final for final if the fab four remain. They all blow me away.:)

No venom needed at all.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »

I agree. Pamela did perform beautifully, certainly the 2nd best dance of the night, and worthy of 37/38..but not as good as Kara. Still, it was her birthday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to say I'm not annoyed or directing 'venom' at Pamela. I thought she produced the second best dance of the night by quite a way - both Pamela and Kara were quite far ahead of all the other dances tonight in my opinion. I am however annoyed at the bias shown by the judges. Sorry but that's the way it is for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes both Craig and Len were in agreement. I don't trust my own technical assessment and so I've looked online at some dance blogs and the reception to Pamela and James's VW was very positive. There is a comment on one of the blogs about Kara's pronounced stamping action and so Len wasn't alone in his reservation.

On a personal level I preferred Kara and Artem's performance but am willing to accept the high view of Pamela and James's VW. I'm not keen on Pamela's shoulders but that is due to her natural physical frame. There are a few comments about it not having content but I think it did have the right level of VW content. If people think something was missing content wise then they should be more explicit (a bit of faffing about at beginning but that is all).