The Sun has got his hat on!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
Forum Member
What an absolutely beautifoooooo day! Bright sunshine daffodils all out and open, and violets too. The garden is a sea of yellow and purple. Chrry blossom is out too, all pink and pretty.

I was out there at dusk and looked up to see little black flutteries flitting around - my friends the Pipistrelles!!! Out of hibernation!!

I love them and I love watching them. They also mean that I get bitten far less than I would, living next to the river. As I'm allergic to bites, that is pretty handy.

Going to get my tortoise up soon, as soon as I see signs of the hedgehogs as I think they'll be up soon too.

What is everyone up to? I hope everyone has such a great day, officially "Smiling Sunday"......

:D

Comments

• DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You live in a dream :o
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the sun never knows what to wear. he is bipolar, and should take the prescribed medications.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are off to family to celebrate my nieces 21st Birthday. And it IS a lovely day :)
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looked like a fantastic Spring day when I got up this morning. Within half an hour grey clouds rolled in and it's all overcast now with rain forecast later. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh to be in england now that april's (almost ) here.....

(almost) by Robert Browning ......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    spiney2 wrote: »
    oh to be in england now that april's (almost ) here.....

(almost) by Robert Browning ......
    Joy Of Spring

A Spring morning
    A warm Breeze
    doves cooing softly
    Pollen dusted trees

A few brave violets
    A red streaked dawn
    A very early robin
    Earthworms in the lawn

Spring peeper frogs
    Smell of dogwood blossoms
    Nature’s petroglyphs in muddy bogs
    Footprints left by possums

Easter eggs and bonnets
    Chocolate rabbits, Missing ears
    Jelly beans and sonnets
    Spilled easter baskets, children’s tears

Parades,
    leafy bowers
    Lemonades
    Spring showers

Spring mornings
    Warm breezes
    Deep breaths
    Allergic sneezes

Smell of Fresh blossoms
    Sound of birds as they sing
    Joy of life.. joy of being…
    …Joy of Spring

David Whalen

:):):):)
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    We are off to family to celebrate my nieces 21st Birthday. And it IS a lovely day :)

Have a lovely time Lizzy!
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you on drugs?:D
  • Anne DroydAnne Droyd Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got down to -7C on the grass last night and the place was white with hoar frost but its all gone and its sparkling sunshine. Weather seems set fair for a while yet.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was beautiful this morning, now it has come over all dark and cloudy :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sabrina Fair listen where thou art sitting ......

John Milton. Comus. Random poetry fragment related to nothing.
    Forum Member
    Anne Droyd wrote: »
    Got down to -7C on the grass last night and the place was white with hoar frost but its all gone and its sparkling sunshine. Weather seems set fair for a while yet.

-2 here overnight, it's the price we pay for a clear sky at this time of year. I gave the hens their hot water bottles as I saw the forecast. Pipistrelles, though...if they are up.....

Yehhhhhhhh!

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the sun never knows what to wear. he is bipolar, and should take the prescribed medications.
    LOL :D:D

It is starting to look like Spring. Bring it on !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the sounds of the earrth are like music ......

Oklahoma. Oscar Hammerstein jnr.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an absolutely beautifoooooo day! Bright sunshine daffodils all out and open, and violets too. The garden is a sea of yellow and purple. Chrry blossom is out too, all pink and pretty.

I was out there at dusk and looked up to see little black flutteries flitting around - my friends the Pipistrelles!!! Out of hibernation!!

I love them and I love watching them. They also mean that I get bitten far less than I would, living next to the river. As I'm allergic to bites, that is pretty handy.

Going to get my tortoise up soon, as soon as I see signs of the hedgehogs as I think they'll be up soon too.

What is everyone up to? I hope everyone has such a great day, officially "Smiling Sunday"......

You're not far from me, no daffs out here and the cherry blossom is nowhere to be seen.

Our cherry tree hasn't even got any leaves on yet.

It is lovely and sunny though. I also live next to a river and the midges sometimes are cruel.
    Forum Member
    Oh the sounds of the earrth are like music ......

Oklahoma. Oscar Hammerstein jnr.

Are we singing now.....?

"...Spring is in the air......."

:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh the farmyard is busy everthing's in a tizzy ..... it's spring spring SPRING.

7 brides for 7 brothers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    It's been cool and cloudy here all week, hope we get some sunshine soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... with everyone in such a cheerful mood this sunny sunday ..... now would be a good time to release the news about THE DOOMSDAY ASTEROID ........
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    You're not far from me, no daffs out here and the cherry blossom is nowhere to be seen.

Our cherry tree hasn't even got any leaves on yet.

It is lovely and sunny though. I also live next to a river and the midges sometimes are cruel.

Do you have an otter? We do and kingfishers....
    Yes, I've three wild cherry trees and one is all pink blossom. Not thick, just coming out. Elderflower and jasmine all green baby buds. Even the pear cuttings and red/black currants all all in bud.

I'll take some pics - I just love the way the daffs and violets all reach upwards and open up, I feel like that myself - sunshine is bliss.
    Forum Member
    .... with everyone in such a cheerful mood this sunny sunday ..... now would be a good time to release the news about THE DOOMSDAY ASTEROID ........

*calls Bruce Willis.....*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll Doomsday you
    Yes, I've three wild cherry trees and one is all pink blossom. Not thick, just coming out. Elderflower and jasmine all green baby buds. Even the pear cuttings and red/black currants all all in bud.

i'll take some pics - I just love the way the daffs and violets all reach upwards and open up, I feel like that myself - sunshine is bliss.
    My neighbours daffies are out too. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i'll take some pics - I just love the way the daffs and violets all reach upwards and open up, I feel like that myself - sunshine is bliss.

We have some Otters but haven't seen Kingfishers. Lots of Woodpeckers and Nuthatch and quite a few Raptors.
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    We have some Otters but haven't seen Kingfishers. Lots of Woodpeckers and Nuthatch and quite a few Raptors.

I have a nuthatch (or two), just this year, lovely blue birds! Not usual this far north.

Garden is full of bright goldfinches, siskins and linnits. Lovely song too, I think that is the dunnocks, tiny dull birds, the most wonderful song - I've just seen a wren and a thrush too.

Do you have any squirrels?
    Forum Member
    Branchette wrote: »
    I'll Doomsday you

My neighbours daffies are out too. :)

It's just the big tall ones, in little clumps, the smaller white and yellow narcissi are later. Beautifulll!