The worst pain you have suffered

KidshaleenKidshaleen Posts: 193
Forum Member
For me , there is only one........toothache. A kick in the bollocks wears off after a while , toothache never does.

Comments

• Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. Tooth abcess for me too. Drives you mental.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    When I ruptured a disc in my back and the contents of the disc spewed out to rest against my spinal cord. Weeks of utter agony that I never want to experience again. I nearly killed myself because of the pain. It was extreme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kidney stone recently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Severe ear infection. Felt nothing like it...close second was the discomfort in my arm when the feeling started to come back after I had a nerve block. I have quite a high pain threshold but if I could have amputated my arm myself right then I would have!
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    calcific tendonitis.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Kidshaleen wrote: »
    For me , there is only one........toothache. A kick in the bollocks wears off after a while , toothache never does.

I agree, the kick in the bollocks one is a bit of a cliche

there are many things more painful
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kidshaleen wrote: »

Completely agree with you! I developed an abscess on Saturday night (nothing showing at that point, but the agonisingly throbbing tooth even after pain killers gave the game away) - by mid-Sunday I would have done or taken anything to get rid of that pain; seriously, if you had told me that rubbing battery acid on my gums was the cure, I probably would have given it a shot. As it was, I attacked it with pain killers and whisky for the symptoms, and antibiotics for the source.

Yesterday was a miserable day spent mostly in bed, finally getting some relief when the bloody thing burst. I've not been to work again today, purely as I'm still recovering - I ate a bit of salad tonight, and its the first I've eaten really since Saturday) - all I can hope is that I've lost a bit of weight in the process.
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    O'Neill's GAA ball full whack in the bollocks :eek:

GAA fans will know just how hard an O'Neill's ball is.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A toothache is the ultimate in pain. Not in a short burst kind of way, but in a way that completely drags you down as time passes by.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonsillitis
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Broken nose. We were in PE, all round the hall hitting a tennis ball against the wall with a racquet and my ball went astray into the middle of the room. I bent down to pick it up, little did I know someone would be trying an under armed shot just as I bent down. The side of their racquet caught me straight in the nose and put it all out of joint. It ****ing hurt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snapping my banjo string was painful...although luckily i was very drunk :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Been expecting someone to say 'the wife'. :D
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa Scott Lee singing live
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    Lisa Scott Lee singing live

My condolences. :(
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Childbirth is pretty up there on the painful stakes, but well worth it in the end.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wind....
  • wur86wur86 Posts: 10,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    Childbirth is pretty up there on the painful stakes, but well worth it in the end.

I agree.
    When my first was born the hangover lasted three days.:mad:
    It got better for the next three.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    jabegy wrote: »
    the after pains are worse, by the time you get to the fourth they`re agonising.
  • wur86wur86 Posts: 10,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Wind....

Pardon.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Childbirth. Very much a Tale of Two Cities!
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Brain-freeze when eating ice cream too fast.

Fortunately, it only lasts a few seconds, but, for those few seconds, I am completely immobilized by the pain and cannot do anything other than wait for the pain to pass.
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know how high its supposed to be on the 'pain-o-meter' but appendicitis was pretty bad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Toothache especially when It starts to make my earache.
  • imogenkateimogenkate Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ear ache for me,i am suffering right now.i seem to have forgotten the child birth pain.second is toothache.