Celebrities using their kids to generate column inches.

2»

Comments

• Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I was surprised to see Zara Phillips doing a huge photo spread for Hello, with baby Mia all over the cover and several pages inside. All very posed photographs with an interview included, so not just papped while out for a walk or anything.
    I thought she had more class than that.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/luisa-zissman-poses-naked-in-the-bath-with-adorable-daughter-dixie-3

This is a really cute pic but I can't help thinking it's a bit much putting it publically on twitter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/luisa-zissman-poses-naked-in-the-bath-with-adorable-daughter-dixie-3

This is a really cute pic but I can't help thinking it's a bit much putting it publically on twitter.

Most people probably don't have a clue what 'personal moments' means now. So sad.
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I was surprised to see Zara Phillips doing a huge photo spread for Hello, with baby Mia all over the cover and several pages inside. All very posed photographs with an interview included, so not just papped while out for a walk or anything.
    I thought she had more class than that.

Prince George's photograph also seems to be everywhere. Presumably Kate and Will don't have a problem with it. I don't either, so I agree with them.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even want to look. Katona is hideous.

Anyone else find it depressing we've imported yet another American custom over here? Baby showers are among the most ridiculous we've latched onto yet.

Horrible idea. Why not wet the babies head after the birth like has always been done over here?

Maybe it's just me but I always think what if something goes wrong after the baby shower and you've celebrated a baby that might never make it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Horrible idea. Why not wet the babies head after the birth like has always been done over here?

Maybe it's just me but I always think what if something goes wrong after the baby shower and you've celebrated a baby that might never make it.

I just think importing something like Baby Showers shows how self-obsessed and greedy society has become. It's depressing.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even want to look. Katona is hideous.

Anyone else find it depressing we've imported yet another American custom over here? Baby showers are among the most ridiculous we've latched onto yet.

Along with Baby Showers you can add that whole 'Prom' thing, especially for junior school pupils, kids of 11 in cocktail style dresses, loads of make up and expensive hired stretch limos, one parent I read about hired a helicopter! My last day of term was a morning spent designing and making our party hats followed by a spread of homemade cakes and orange squash, it was great fun, I sometimes wonder what's happened to kids today :confused: