• Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    #Shabnam
    #AuntBabe
    #BenMitchell
    #YesDot

All trending tonight :)

I loved this episode. It some how managed to beat the brilliant episode from last night.
    Plenty of drama, twists and surprises.

The Cotton scenes were fantastic. How a women of over 80 can act the way June Brown does is amazing. Most older people on TV do Naff all but June has all the drama.

I Love Nick and will be sad when he leaves.

Stan is not looking well :(

Ben is Gay? :o:D

I am starting to enjoy the scenes with Shabs.I wonder what is wrong with her?

Aunt babe wanted Stan :o

Goodbye Nick :cry::cry::cry: 9.5/10:)
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Great episode. A recurring theme at the moment.
  • Options
    fiyero26fiyero26 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Dot was brilliant. It was about time June got something decent to do.
    Not sure how I feel about Babe lovin' Stan. I love Babe....
    I also love Yvonne so I hope that wasn't her exit! Surely they won't leave things with Nick there. I was hoping to see a lot of Cottons in live week.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather intrigued with this Shabnam business...
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I said Babe was unrequited she confirmed it tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

yeas me too, sounds ominous :D

i loved tonight's episode, and the thread is 2014, but i guess you lot already know :D
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aunt Babe's acting was amazing tonight.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    I am too. It's nice for the Masoods to have some storylines.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, is this sizable money feud she has simply her share of her grandfathers'[?] will [unless she gave it all to Tam before Mas then lost it all in that poker game with Alfie], or is this from something else entirely?

I wonder what that newspaper clipping said...
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now if only Shirley opens her eyes and takes a page out of Dot's book. Stop putting her son on a pedestal. If Dot can finally see the evil in Nick after years of being manipulated by him, Shirley ought to do the same with Dean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now if only Shirley opens her eyes and takes a page out of Dot's book. Stop putting her son on a pedestal. If Dot can finally see the evil in Nick after years of being manipulated by him, Shirley ought to do the same with Dean.

Totally different situations, though [Shirley's being manipulating everyone else for years, for one].

After years of Dean hating her, she's not gonna abandon him after finally reaching an understanding [she, like Dean, is simply too in the comfort of Deep Denial, to consider the obvious alternative possibility right now].

... No one talking about Mick and Dean being brothers etc. is still the really weird thing going on atm with the Carters. It doesn't need Linda and Mick to be there. Surely they'd still be getting their heads around it?!
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean is nothing like Nick and hasn't been manipulating Shirley for years. Other than lying about Patrick's attacker, which was more stupid than malicious, he doesn't have form.

Dot has more reason to doubt Nick than Shirley does Dean. Even then I can still see where Dot has been coming from - as a parent you don't want to believe your child is capable of committing an evil act.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    ... No one talking about Mick and Dean being brothers etc. is still the really weird thing going on atm with the Carters. It doesn't need Linda and Mick to be there. Surely they'd still be getting their heads around it?!

I am surprised at the lack of aftermath for the Shirley/Mick reveal. Dean and Stan got over it pretty quickly. And Lee, Tina and Nancy have barely commented.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I am surprised at the lack of aftermath for the Shirley/Mick reveal. Dean and Stan got over it pretty quickly. And Lee, Tina and Nancy have barely commented.

Lee and Nancy don't know about the rape yet, and Tina is such a child and in her own world, she probably doesn't care lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    lot's happened tonight.lots of interaction and shouting and drama..loved it :D
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to dance!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    Lee and Nancy don't know about the rape yet, and Tina is such a child and in her own world, she probably doesn't care lol.

I mean Lee, Nancy and Tina have barely commented on Mick/Shirley. It seems to have been swept under the carpet.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    I just want to dance!!!

Line of the night.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean Lee, Nancy and Tina have barely commented on Mick/Shirley. It seems to have been swept under the carpet.:o

Deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nancy asked Shirley 'Do I call you Grandma now?' or something to Shirley in one episode not too long ago, but that's the only post-Christmas reference I can recall to the whole thing.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member

Nancy and Shirley had a little talk about it, Nancy said to Shirley what do I call you, Aunt or Nan, or something like that, but yes Lee and Tina haven't said anything about it really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Nancy asked Shirley 'Do I call you Grandma now?' or something to Shirley in one episode not too long ago, but that's the only post-Christmas reference I can recall to the whole thing.

Exactly. I thought we would have have some more Stan/Shirley scenes or Shirley/Babe/Sylvie or even Dean, Nancy, Lee or Tina mentioning it. But nothing, nothing at all. :confused:
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that it for Nick? I'd rather that than some of the spoilers
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Aunt Babe's acting was amazing tonight.

Agree.
  • Options
    peterkinpeterkin Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    I hope that's paper she's burnt with a few notes on top! :eek:

A hundred grand in twenties is 5000 notes. No way was that lot in Dot's sink.