Found an Iphone today....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
Forum Member
As I said I found an Iphone today. It wont let me in to find any info on it, wants a code or password. Is there anyway I can find out this info? I want to get it back to its owner.

Comments

• Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know anything about iPhone but if you are on Facebook you should put a post on your local sell and buy page. If the person that claims to have lost it comes forward then they will know the password and be able to give you details about the phone to prove it's them. I've saw quite a few lost phones/pets reunited with their owners this way.
  • stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you could always take it to a poilice station they will be able to trace the owner
  • JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    As I said I found an Iphone today. It wont let me in to find any info on it, wants a code or password. Is there anyway I can find out this info? I want to get it back to its owner.

Give it to the Police. iPhones can be tracked with the right software and if you have it when the Police come knocking you will be done for stealing it. Or dont, I cant say I care what happens to you
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi, most I phones have a security locator on them . So the person who lost it can find it easily. Lots of stolen phones are found this way. Perhaps hand it into the police in the area it was found.
  • dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will probably call it sooner or later but it may have 'Find my iPhone ' installed which will tell them where it is
    Mine is set to delete everything after 10 tries at the password which is 8 digits long anyway simple password is 4 digits
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Hi, most I phones have a security locator on them . So the person who lost it can find it easily. Lots of stolen phones are found this way. Perhaps hand it into the police in the area it was found.

Sorry I'm too slow 😊
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I'm too slow 😊

Not like me. I'm usually 4 pages too late :D
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually just ignore my suggestion. Handing it into the police station is probably a better idea lol :D
  • SunnierSunnier Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks fairly easy according to this,..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHq3gM7WvEY
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Thanks everybody. Our local Police station is closed on a Sunday. Will hand it in tomorrow. :)
    Forum Member
    Give it to the Police. iPhones can be tracked with the right software and if you have it when the Police come knocking you will be done for stealing it. Or dont, I cant say I care what happens to you

How nice of you! If I had been trying to steal the thing I wouldn't have it plastered all over fb, fb lost and found and facebay too.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep an eye on the phone, if the owner has find my iPhone they can lock it and get it to appear with a message and a number on the screen for you to call to get it back.
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the phone, if the owner has find my iPhone they can lock it and get it to appear with a message and a number on the screen for you to call to get it back.

Thanks I will do. :)
    Forum Member
    The phone is now back with its owner. Thanks everyone for the advice. So pleased that he got it back. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The phone is now back with its owner. Thanks everyone for the advice. So pleased that he got it back. :)

I bet he was glad and relieved it was found by someone honest. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How nice of you! If I had been trying to steal the thing I wouldn't have it plastered all over fb, fb lost and found and facebay too.

Personally I thought that comment was uncalled for you were obviously to me anyway being honest
    Glad it's sorted anyway
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    I bet he was glad and relieved it was found by someone honest. :)
    Personally I thought that comment was uncalled for you were obviously to me anyway being honest
    Glad it's sorted anyway

Thanks both. :) x
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done OP :) Just out of interest - (and for anyone else in similar situation) how did you find the owner?
    Forum Member
    lozenger wrote: »
    Well done OP :) Just out of interest - (and for anyone else in similar situation) how did you find the owner?

There was a scrap of paper in the phone cover with a phone number and name written on it. I phoned it, it was a man in Spain. I explained about the phone and he said his wife was over here for a holiday. He thought it may have been hers so he phoned her over here. She phoned me back and said it wasn't hers but she would try friends of theirs who may have their phone number in their phone case. All said no. She phoned me back to keep me updated. Just after that this young lad phoned the mobile, turned out it was his dad's mobile. The dad being friendly with the man in Spain. He came around to collect it. Sorry for the long winded story.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a scrap of paper in the phone cover with a phone number and name written on it. I phoned it, it was a man in Spain. I explained about the phone and he said his wife was over here for a holiday. He thought it may have been hers so he phoned her over here. She phoned me back and said it wasn't hers but she would try friends of theirs who may have their phone number in their phone case. All said no. She phoned me back to keep me updated. Just after that this young lad phoned the mobile, turned out it was his dad's mobile. The dad being friendly with the man in Spain. He came around to collect it. Sorry for the long winded story.

:D haha, that made me proper giggle - I thought there might be a simple shortcut button you could press or something - but a good old-fashioned slip of paper & a phone call to Spain solved it - YAY :) Love a happy ending.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unique wrote: »

I just tried this and it gave way too much info, my date of birth and facebook login name and some other account usernames and my address. Weird they would give so much info, not my phone number though.
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He must be very friendly with the man in Spain, to keep his number on a slip of paper in the case.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    He must be very friendly with the man in Spain, to keep his number on a slip of paper in the case.

Seems a bit daft keeping a slip of paper inside a case that holds the phone where you would have all your phone numbers stored!:D

Glad it all worked out ok anyway.
  • Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Seems a bit daft keeping a slip of paper inside a case that holds the phone where you would have all your phone numbers stored!:D

Pfft.. never heard of a phone lock? So you have an iGadget that's powered off, password locked and generally looks much the same as any other iGadget. Slap a post-it or sticker on it saying 'If found, please contact XXXXX' and you might just get it back, if the finder is honest (as in this case). Otherwise it'd end up sitting on a lost property shelf with all the other identical iGadgets.